Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Lascivar`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm brutally honest (although this attribute seldom gets portrayed in my characters) and blunt. I'll beat around the bush only if I know the straightforward answer is going to hurt someone's feelings badly and be more malignant than beneficial for them to hear.

The majority of my past experience is based around D&D (Neverwinter Nights, heavily modified versions) and the lore that surrounds it (Pre Ed.4 - I'm happy with 3.5 Hardcore rules. :P) and thus I was delighted when I saw the "alignments" in the character profile section.

A bit more about me as a player though: I'm easy to get along with for the most part, but can be quick to anger (and this -does- translate over to my characters, albeit I try to refrain from it). My humor is also extremely dry, sarcastic and for the most part, quite morbid.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
Born and raised in Australia, family heritage is European (Mostly French, a slight amount of Spanish and Italian) and now I'm currently living in Canada as of a few months ago. English is my prominent language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I was hooked on Diablo in early 1997, being my first internet played game (even on my awesome dialup at the time) and grew to love Blizzard's games afterwards.

Warcraft 2 reached my computer in 1998 and I was hooked.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Absolutely nothing. Curiosity made me search for a WoW RP server a month ago, this was the first to appear on google, so I returned now to see how things go. The site layout shows professionalism, it requires an application and "initiation" process which I like also, and thus decided to apply here.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Combat oriented RP. (This is a tangent I know) My longest standing character in D&D is a Loviatarian (Goddess of Pain) Warpriest that strategizes effective combat plans for other factions if they request his help.

I'm not too much of a "tavern" person as personally I find them overcrowded in general, I can usually focus well when RPing with 1-2 other people, or in some situations when they arise (such as giving lessons to a class) then entire rooms of 20+ people are enjoyable.

Also, playing characters with a detriment or abnormality such as blindness or deafness(the former being far more difficult) has been quite fun in the past.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Night Elf Druid. I've played and RP'd (for the short 2 year stint that was WoW's reasonable RP lifetime for most RP servers) Feral Druids for 5 years. It's just what I've grown used to playing as and RPing as, I enjoy the feral forms thoroughly for RP as in some situations it doesn't require speaking at all and relies entirely on actions.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I don't have many expectations of the server, save for the fact that everyone plays here would've completed this introduction and would meet a reasonable standard in roleplay ability.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
"Humility" - Albeit oddly named for it's description.

Due to having the attention span of a canary on crack when it comes to games (unless I managed to get unwaveringly hooked, but it's rare), I seldom involve myself in main storylines for servers. I prefer to play smaller parts in other people's stories and support them how I can. But should I vanish for a week or two I'd rather it not have a dramatic impact on anyone's storyline.

This doesn't go to say that I don't enjoy creating a story for my character, but rather that I prefer to just watch over other people's stories and contribute where I can.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I'd like to (somewhat) pass on this section for now, as my lore knowledge is based mostly on D&D. I'll be reading up further on Warcraft lore and then I'll present something I'm certain you'll enjoy reading.

Instead I'll include a portion of an introduction about one of my more recent D&D characters, a Half-Devil (Follower of Asmodeus and veteran in the Blood War), but would still wish to retain the opportunity to post a story for Gruntship at a later date.

-----

The skies crackled brutally with lightning within the frozen, 5th layer of the Nine Hells, Stygia.

"Why do these pitiful little halfbreeds even try?" the bellowing voice of the pit fiend echoed throughout the icy caverns, his foot pressed upon the humanoid creature's legs, keeping it from squirming away as the pit fiend's arm swung down once more, pinpoint claws reaving through the smaller creature's flesh with ease, forcing crimson fluids to violently sputter and stain the frosty ground but a few metres from the River Styx.

The pit fiend gave a disdainful snort, rolling the body over with his foot, the smaller being's ruby eyes clenching tightly shut as the torn flesh of his back met with the unforgiving chill of the icy ground beneath, causing his body to writhe immensely in pain, before stilling itself. "You're just upset --" the smaller humanoid coughed harshly, barely able to finish his sentence as the blood gurgled in his throat "-- Just upset 'cause I've taken more Demons than you, aren't ya' big fella'..?" a delighted cackle erupting from the little, defiant creature.

A cornugon approached slowly behind the pit fiend, it's talon-like claws crunching loudly into the ice beneath before coming to a halt. "You're needed, now." were the only words uttered out, the cornugon's attention seeming to purposefully avoid the act that the pit fiend was involved in. The pit fiend released a voracious snarl, turning it's head to one side as it peered back upon the cornugon through the corner of an eye, his gaze seeming enough acknowledgement of the request for the cornugon to now turn about in it's place and head off swiftly.

"Consider your service in the wars over, Deranis." the pit fiend snorted once again as it's gaze reverted down to Deranis' torn body, seemingly unaware that he had blacked out already. Drawing a hand up towards the river, the pit fiend's fingers gesturing slightly in a circle as it uttered out an incantation, a gate-like rift tearing open near the edge of the river itself. Leaning down, the pit fiend clutched at the limp body, dragging it along to the rift before carelessly tossing it through.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'd like to ask how often the server is updated with the most recent patch after they're released on retail?
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

We hope you enjoy your stay! If you haven't checked out the Wiki, Stickies, FAQs and Rules/Policies, I'd recommend you do so! If you have any questions feel free to ask. And most importantly have fun!

Make sure to '/join Chat' when you log in to the server!

<333

Cressy
Since the question was left unanswered I'll help out by saying that it's generally a long time afterwards, CotH is currently on 3.3.0 as far as I know and the wait generally is 1-2 months, estimated.
Thanks. I still do my Arenas in retail, so I can't completely abandon that patch. lol. Two copies of WoW it is!
Yeah, it's best to always keep multiple copies of the WoW folder to play with - The people who port the patches (ArcEmu) have to get the patch when it comes out, convert it for private servers as fast as possible, then release them, then Kret has to download the new version of the emulator, prepare for it and check it out, then do tests for it that run for days until finally, you can patch up.

So yeah.