Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Crit error? D:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's not related to the server but yeeaahhh....

When I try to launch the game, it tells me CRITICAL ERROR!!!! And refuses to run....

I swear it wasn't me!!!!!

I tried the check files in repair... Do I reset any of those files?

I'm just not sure on what to do... (And sadly I'm a supposed to be good at fixing this stuff...)
Is there a description of the error in the window?
Pawoverlord Wrote:It's not related to the server but yeeaahhh....

When I try to launch the game, it tells me CRITICAL ERROR!!!! And refuses to run....

I swear it wasn't me!!!!!

I tried the check files in repair... Do I reset any of those files?

I'm just not sure on what to do... (And sadly I'm a supposed to be good at fixing this stuff...)

I had this issue the very first time I tried to connect, Your problem is probably the same... You have to uninstall and make sure everything is deleted. Then reinstall it.
Clear your Cache and see if that helps at all.
Tobeh Wrote:Clear your Cache and see if that helps at all.

I'll try this first.. If that don't work I'll post the error code and maybe get Tobeh to give me a whole new WoW folder.
Yeah, I'll run over to your house later if it doesn't. And some times the cache gets so full, WoW won't run. Usually happens with private servers since Retail WoW has an auto clear when you log onto their servers. (That was added in when that big "not able to talk to NPCs" thing went around a few months ago.)
Alright, thank you. (Was really distracted but is -now- going to check)
It didn't work, :( Imma have to steal the copy from you Tobeh.
Tobeh Wrote:Usually happens with private servers since Retail WoW has an auto clear when you log onto their servers. (That was added in when that big "not able to talk to NPCs" thing went around a few months ago.)
Just to clarify, your cache doesn't automatically clear whenever you log in to retail. If it did, then the cache would be fairly useless. However, Blizzard does have the ability to push a 'force-purge' to clients via patches, and possibly also from the login server... but I'm not positive on the latter.