Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: dtwar16`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm pretty open to most kinds of RP. I'm also pretty active, however I try not to interfere in anyone's business. I mostly like conflict-oriented RP, although I also like more philosophical RP (I LOOOOOOOOOVE reading canonical philosophical texts, e.g. NIETZSCHE!!!!).

I like RPing with active people too, but I realize I'm usually not going to meet them until I've played on Conquest for a month or so.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I live in Los Angeles, California, and speak English fluently (and with very few grammatical errors, hehe).

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into Warcraft when my friend told me about a story he read in the guidebook of a new game he got called "Warcraft II: Orcs and Humans." I had absolutely no idea what this game was, but the story sounded interesting, so I decided to buy it. That game ignited my interest in Warcraft lore - which, I would say, is the main reason I really got into Warcraft.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I was playing on a few other RP servers and was disappointed by the rampant god-modding and utter anarchy. Then, I came across this server and noticed that you guys seem to have a fairly well-regulated server with rules that actually get enforced.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like danger and action-based RP, but moderated so that my opponent doesn't end up making supernovas erupt and shattering Azeroth in half (that actually happened to me once). Most importantly, however, I like RPing that involves a great deal of conflict with another player or faction/guild. It always keeps you on your toes and gives you something to do 24/7 so you never get bored. Plus, everyone gets involved which makes the RP ten times more fun.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I like Quel'dorei and Sin'dorei because of their past - particularly with their rebellious attitude toward the kaldorei when confronted about the dangers of arcane magic.

I prefer paladins because their rp is soooooo wide open. For example, one of my paladins ended up getting corrupted by falling into a trap set by a Scourge Death Knight named Varoth - with whom my character had an incredibly violent and aggressive feud.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I would like to see some sort of conflicts looming about. I realize I won't really begin to see the best rp on the server until I become more immersed in the environment. However, I have heard from some friends who used to play on this server that Conquest usually has decent-or-better rp

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
NO GOD MODING!!!!!!!!!

I've encountered that WAY to much. Especially with all the prima donas wanting to be a son of Arthas lurking on all the poorly run RP servers....lol

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
“Fear not what lies ahead, for peril may accost you – but never let it enthrall you. Your life is too pure to waste.”

A father's dying words are never forgotten. They sting the memory with immense suffering, conveying unknown truths hidden behind the mask of persona; and yet, peacefully hover from the lips of an evanescing voice.
Alivaris never forgot his father's words. As his mother grabbed him by his arm, viciously tugging him toward the basement door, his father remained at the door to buy them time to hide from the invading Orcs and Amani Trolls. His father smiled calmly, seeming to hide the insanity enveloping his violent addiction to arcane magic, and spoke those last words to his son. His mother dragged him into the basement, shut the door, covered his mouth, and then let him listen in darkness to several thuds pounding at the door – and then, suddenly, a crash, several roars, a slash, a whelp, and then silence.

A foul silence plagued the small elven cottage near the Caer Darrow. Not even the runestone's corruption could be sensed anymore, for the young Alivaris, now a mere 98 - quite young for a Quel'dorei - lay in too much shock to realize the existence of anything but darkness. He could not speak, he could not hear - he could only lie against his mother's weak, uncomfortable chest, covered in a rough and cheap brown cloth that juxtaposed his smooth pale skin. His radiant blue eyes seemed lost, staring off into the wild beyond as though he himself were dead; and then the darkness.

When he awoke, he stared at a vertical line of stone, realizing that half of his face lay flat on the cold stone floor. He then lifted his head, looking around to find his mother to seek her warm embrace. Unfortunately, he found her instead with a dirge stuck in her chest with one of her hands still grasping the hilt.

Just as his father's words could not leave him, neither could his mother's dead facial expression. Her bulging, red-veined eyes stared with fear at the ceiling, her mouth wide open - where the maggots would soon enter.

He dare not look closer, but a piercing curiosity drew his eyes back upon her terrified face, betraying him with abandonment.

After he managed to draw his eyes from her corpse, he peeked out the keyhole and saw that no Orcs remained. Cautiously, he exited the house.
(( I have more in mind, but I'd rather finish this app first...hehe ))

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Sure. I'm pretty much open to most kinds of rp. Though tavern-chatting rp usually bores me, I'm always interested in hearing other people's stories. It's nice to rp a character in a more relaxed environment now and then - just not all the time, or else it gets boring lol.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

We hope you enjoy your stay! If you haven't checked out the Wiki, Stickies, FAQs and Rules/Policies, I'd recommend you do so! If you have any questions feel free to ask. And most importantly have fun!

Make sure to '/join Chat' when you log in to the server!

<333

Cressy