Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Kezebay`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
OOC: I guess I could be called a storyteller, at least as the 4e Dungeons and Dragons Dungeon Master's Guide defines it. I love the story, the essence of the game, and all the fantastical things that the imagination can create. I suppose I might be considered dramatic in my style, but with roleplaying, sometimes flair is the name of the game. I was initially attracted to WoW with the promise of a truly epic world, filled with powerful magic and vile opponents, only to find that world tainted, by players unconcerned with anything more than mere looting and PvP. I hated that. In a world thousands of years old, filled with demons, dragons, and titans brimming with cosmic power, why would you wish to slaughter other people who are trying to enjoy that? I have to say, gazing up the majesty of Ulduar is hard when I have a rogue's dagger permanently lodged in my spinal column. Discipline, and Respect, are things one scarcely finds outside of a dedicated RP server, and the Official servers are never dedicated to RP. I love raiding instances, to wonder at the majesty of their creation even as my allies slay the final boss. And I love interacting with other people who can actually tell me who Sargeras is (just because he isn't killable yet isn't a reason not to know who the most awesome evil being in the cosmology is!). I appreciate well-grounded villainy, nothing based on plot devices like a macguffin, but true villainy, twisted seething hatred for the world's faults, sensual desire to see living beings slaughtered, or an obsession with the domination of groups, cities, countries, or the world, to name but a few of my favorites. I hope that tells you a little something about me, and I hope to be contributing to the world of your server soon.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born in 1991 in the United States of America. I would have to say that English is my only language, though I speak a smattering of Italian, Spanish, French, and Latin.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I started off playing tabletop rpgs way before I touched a controller, or, more specifically, a keyboard. My first experiences with computer games were games of a nature similar to Warcraft, until I finally encountered Warcraft itself. It wasn't long before I owned all three games and was waiting eagerly to own the MMORPG that was to arrive, only to find my dream sullied and tarnished. Nevertheless, I have attempted to remain faithful, and though, over the years, it seems that private servers are drifting away from RP, perhaps now I have finally found a server that has all that I had originally hoped for.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I orginally played on the Original servers, until I finally decided to stop paying $15 a month just to get killed repeatedly. I then joined Wow-trance, which at that time still catered to RP, at least partially. However, I recently took a year-long break from the game only to find to my horror that whatever vestige of RP that the site had possessed had been thoroughly erased. I instantly jumped onto the internet, first using a site that wow-trance linked me to, but that was completely filled with PvP servers. By searching merely on google, this site was the first to pop up, and as soon as I saw that you had to fill an introduction out before you got to play, I knew I had found the zenith of the craft.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'll try anything that comes my way. An interesting aside, although I love villainy, my main character type was always healer, which always appeared sort of lopsided to me, but it has worked fairly well so far. I find myself lacking when it comes to fighting truly skilled players of a PvP nature, and so I normally try to avoid fights, although if people really want me too, I'm ready to give it a good-oldfashioned attempt, anyway.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Paladin and Blood Elf. Has to be those two. The paladin has always magnetically bonded to me, for two reasons. One, the stereotypical paladin rides around shouting stuff like "Begone evil!" and "I shall vanquish the Darkness!", something I instantly leap upon in order to correct. Two, the paladin is a plate armor-wearing class, which I love, and a healing class, which I need to be to not suck horribly. As for why Blood Elf, let's just say that before the Burning Crusade came out I was unable to play any race besides night elf, and I always had a problem with the male night elf. I have no bias against other people playing any race, but to me, the Blood Elf is the only race with a male character who might be considered, I don't know, "pretty" maybe, but at least "pretty" doesn't make me want to constantly recreate my character because his face looks like crap or just constantly seems off, a scratch I can't itch because I'd have to play through another 70 levels of hell. A barber shop should be able to change your face as well, that's all I'm saying.

What are your expectations of this server?:
RP. True RP. I expect people going around with fake british accents saying "good morrow" and "cheerio" while sipping mana-restoring tea. No, I'm not quite that silly about it, and I don't think that Blood Elves would ever act British, but I do expect people to be in character, talking about how they had just slain some foul demon, or how their night had been, or sitting at a table, discussing the ethics of owning slaves. Something which fits with the character. If I could have true RP, I would expect nothing else.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Depends on your definition of the word appeal. I love the Humility concept, which was something people didn't get, even when I was on a private server. Now, if you are asking which I find the funniest/the most shocking (in a harmless, prank sort of way), it would have to be the sexual RP rules. I just find it funny that people would do that in particular, though I could perhaps understand it if you knew the person outside the game. Anyway, to be serious, definitely the Humilty aspect. I know anyone who is smart enough to put up a rule like that can be trusted to have a good server.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The garden was alive with color. Elegant emerald flowed into Tyrian purple, and deep crimson caught the rays of a golden sun. The sky was roiling with storm clouds, but every so often, the sun would peek through, and the world would be lit once again. Kezebay smiled. So was the way it should be. The color, the beauty of the world could only be seen in the light, but the only way to appreciate that beauty was to glimpse it in darkness. This was his belief, his philosophy, and it was in this belief that he had planted this garden, a bastion of purity just outside the cloying grasp of society, of politics. The city of Silvermoon could be seen, almost close enough to touch. But who would want to touch it? Prince Kael'thas, hero of the Sin'Dorei, had betrayed them, cavorting with demons in an attempt to gain power. He had abandoned his people and left a foul mark upon their name, an mark which Kezebay intended to wipe clean.
Kezebay looked back at the flowers, noticing a glimpse of color which had caught his attention. Amongst the crimson roses, he noticed an emerald one, its green a stark contrast to the red flowers the surrounded it. Bending down, he regarded it. It didn't seem possible that after all his hard work, that a flower should be so carelessly out of place. Then, looking beneath the flowers, he noticed the problem. He had placed not one flower here, but five, in a star pattern, meant to be a contrast to the five crimson roses he placed among the bed of green flowers. But the other four, whether through poor quality or bad weather, had failed to bloom. Kezebay smiled sadly.
“Looks like you're all alone amongst strangers now.” Reaching down, he slowly and carefully removed the plant, making sure its roots stayed intact. He began to walk towards the bed of green flowers but paused, thinking. Then he lifted his arm. Placing the green rose on his wrist, where it would out of harm's way, he called upon his faith, his power, to keep the flower alive, and to bond it to him. Soon, he regarded, not a flower, but a bracelet, forged of faith and life. Letting his arm down, he gazed back towards Silvermoon City.
“This way, neither of us have to be alone.” And with that, he set out towards the city, the bracelet clinking against his armor, though he did not hear it. As Kezebay moved towards the city gates, all he could hear were the screams of his family as they were slaughtered, and all he could see was the face of an undead abomination, grimacing in glee as it brought its cleaver down towards his face.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I don't think so. I hope you will allow me to play on your server, and I hope I will be able to (my only concern is that the computer may not be aligned right to allow me to play, but the only thing it complains about now is me not having a vaild password and username, so hopefully when/if you allow me to play on the server, that will cinch it). I look forward to playing!
Welcome to Conquest of the CressyHorde!

If you haven't already, please make sure to check out our Rules, Policies, FAQs, and Wiki. Also take a gander at our grammar and spelling guides and the level we expect here on the server.

And be sure to /join chat when you get in game!

<333

Cressy