Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Gia`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hello.
My name is Gia, and I've been roleplaying for about eight years or so. I began when I was thirteen and started in instant messengers. After a couple of years, I branched out to forums but never gave much thought to trying to start stories in any online games I was playing.
When I did, I started with Neverwinter Nights, and did... pretty poorly. I knew how to roleplay and I knew how to play games, but integrating the two was entirely new for me.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
The United States but if anyone asks, I'd like to be known to be from Quebec, Canada, for personal reasons, one of which being that I enjoy (and am learning) French. My first language is English, but I have no idea what else to say about this.
Sorry.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
About five years ago, when WoW was just opened a few months before then, a friend of mine started talking to me about how amazing it was in very intricate detail (to the point that it started getting annoying).
I was already aware of the Warcraft universe and had played the first and third real-time strategy games, but I never gave this new one a lot of thought.
After a while, from constantly hearing about World of Warcraft from every direction, my (infamous) curiosity piqued and my friend allowed me to try the game on an extra account.
After installing the game, I took a deep breath and steeled myself for this monumental experience that everyone couldn't keep quiet about, and made my first character.
I've never uninstalled it since (but I did eventually get my own account, of course).

What made you seek our server over others?:
Unfortunately, I no longer play retail WoW due to money, but when I did I only stayed in RP realms. I loved combining questing with roleplaying while accompanied by other people in the cities, on the roads, and even sometimes in the middle of enormous dungeons.
After my account ran out, I decided that I wasn't about to give up the amount of enjoyment I received, so I set about searching the internet to find any sort of non-retail Warcraft servers that I could join. To my annoyance, the vast majority of the servers available were PVP-oriented, with few (or none) RP/Normal realms.
Until recently, I settled down in one that actually happened to have non-PVP realms, but its developers had almost entirely ignored any bugs that popped up from time to time or updating, especially with the certain part of the server that I frequented.
So, I went on a search for an actual RP WoW server, and stumbled upon CoTH, where I hope to have even more Warcrafty-fun!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
When dealing with roleplaying in general, my favourite is over instant messengers, closely followed by playing in MMOs.
For WoW in particular, I like just about all of the types there are. Taverns, during quests, exploring, dungeons, and occasionally during fights/duels.
If I was forced to make a choice of which I enjoy the most, it would have to be while questing. I love a nice blend of story and action, as it throws a hint of chaos and unpredictability in.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
As for race, I would definitely have to say draenei. As far as I can remember (even into my childhood), I've been fascinated with demons or demonic creatures... but not in any satanic sort of way. I like demons that appear as though they're evil and hellbent, but are actually cheerful and benign, maybe even to the point of being considered angelic.
I understand that draenei are aliens and not demons, but as they appear unholy but are in fact followers of the Naaru, which seem to be as good-oriented and holy as possible in the Warcraft universe, they appeal to me like no other races from this or any other game can.
Concerning class, I'm a big fan of magic and healing, but I honestly have difficulty with deciding which I like the most. The top three (in no order) of my list are mage, priest, and shaman.
Mage for its raw magical power and the fact that mages are in almost every single video game in one form or another, priest because (as I mentioned above) they are holy and superb healers, and shaman because I enjoy seeing elemental powers, plus shamans are a blend of a few other classes but still unique in their own way.
My choice of the absolute favourite class would be priest, if I had to choose one over the other. I love being a person who cures pain, rather than causes it.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm not entirely sure what to hope for and I normally try to clear my mind of any such things, as I would hate to be disappointed if I expected one thing and found out it was completely the opposite.
Otherwise, I'd just love to be able to relax, go on adventures, and roleplay with other imaginative people.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Definitely "keyboard skills". While I have absolutely nothing against someone who occasionally makes typos or has some difficulty with grammar or creating long posts, I can't stand seeing people walking around, trying to roleplay while replacing the word "you" with the letter "u", or other laziness.
I don't like to sound rude, but if you can't put forward the effort to move your fingers to two other keys on your keyboard (which are VERY close together), I will have little or no desire to waste my time on a likely one-sided roleplay.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
((I would like to hold off on making a story until I have spent some time playing, so that I can become familiar with the goings-on, but I would love to try for Gruntship at a later date!))

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'm just curious about what the peak times are. What days and hours have the most players online?
Otherwise, thanks for your time and I hope to be able to start roleplaying with you all soon!

-Gia Amelie
Welcome to Conquest of the CressyHorde!

If you haven't already, please make sure to check out our Rules, Policies, FAQs, and Wiki. Also take a gander at our grammar and spelling guides and the level we expect here on the server.

And be sure to /join chat when you get in game!

<333

Cressy

PS. Peak times and days can really vary. Though, most days it is pack more Friday-Sunday for obvious reasons, but since this is an international server, the times can really change.