Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Mallesta`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, as a player I have been playing video games since as far back as I can remember. I've played everything from FPS to RPGs to card games. I started out my MMO experience with Final Fantasy and quickly became discouraged by the lack luster color scheme and slow game play. It was shortly after that when I noticed WoW (as it had just come out) and began playing. I have been ever since (over 5 years now) and am second in command in one (if not the) oldest Alliance RP guild on my server. I have contributed to RP Wiki's for my server, as well as a great RP database on "Ning.com".

My player description being summed up, my person statistics are as follows. Im a twenty-two year old male named Jim from Massachusetts (USA). I work in a pizza shop and have been RPing in WoW since I started. I have also participated in some LARP (though not much) as well as a few D&D sessions. Anything beyond this, feel free to ask. Im an open book so to speak.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
As stated in the last section, I come from the United States of America. I live on the East Coast in the state of Massachusetts and English is not only my primary language, but also a passion.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Heh, once again, I referenced this in the first section. I imagine I can delve a bit deeper though. A friend of mine introduced me to it as he and a few of his pals had been playing it. They were mainly PvPers and it wasn't long before I realized that PvP wasn't for me. Quickly enough I found myself on an RP server (Earthen Ring) and have been ever since.

What made you seek our server over others?:
This question is answered rather simply: It is an RP server. Rarely have I been able to find a private RP server, and when I have it has either been deserted or completely void of role-play. Given what I have seen since I began looking around your site, as well as this rather selective acceptance policy, I trust that the quality of players as well as role-play with be more than I expected.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I prefer most types of role-play. I am equally sitting in a large group at a tavern socilizing, as I am sitting in private with another discussing dire matters and issues of the day. I tend to avoid fighting RP as it tends to be touch and go with quality and reason. However, if the parties involved are on the same page with all rules agreed upon prior, as well as communicating properly OOC in another channel (i.e. party) then I am willing to partake.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Well, OOC my favorite class is Rogue. It is what I have played since Day 1 and it is my only 80 on the retail servers. I love it for its quick game play, it's weapon classes as well as it's utility and survivability. Though admittedly I am not a fan of the DPS queues for groups, I stick by it because it's what I know and love.

As for IC, my favorite class has always been the Druid. I admire their general outlook on the world as well as their ties to animals and nature. Especially their ties to my favorite race: Night Elves.

Sure, most people will probably say Night Elves in this section as you may expect (minus the rare Dwarf enthusiast or two). However, I am not a bouncy, bubbly air head Night Elf RPer. I am very aware of their lore and their customs and to say I am fond of it would be an understatement. I have had several Night Elf characters whom have chosen many different paths, yet their heritage remains a very large part of them as it does with all Night Elves.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My primary expectation is to meet with and participate in a friendly, open minded, and creative role play community.

That aside, I am also hoping to see realitively few bugs and glitchs as well as the best up-time possible. These are things that one would hope for when joining any private server however.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
My favorite is by far Maturity. I find far too many immature role-players on retail servers and immature players makes for immature role-play. I am also a fan of the keyboard skills as poor grammar etc. is a sort of pet peeve of mine.

Also, I found the Faction NPC rule interesting as well. Im curious to see it in action.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I would like to complete this later as I want to see if I make it onto the server before I write out an entire story. However, if I make it on I will be happy to do this.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Heh, I think I was as clear as I could be on these questions. I may have more questions for the GM staff etc. upon getting on the server (*crosses fingers*) however.

If there is any questions from any of you, please just drop me a PM here and I will respond as quickly as possible. Thanks for giving me the time of day and reading through all of this, and I hope to be RPing with you all soon!
Welcome to Conquest of the CressyHorde!

If you haven't already, please make sure to check out our Rules, Policies, FAQs, and Wiki. Also take a gander at our grammar and spelling guides and the level we expect here on the server.

And be sure to /join chat when you get in game!

<333

Cressy