Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Race Specific Weapons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently while I was RPing on my Warlock (which means I was creeping in a corner), I saw a Tauren with a Totem as his weapon... As I am fairly sure that it does not exist in Blizzard WoW (correct me if I am wrong) but reguardless, I would like to ask if it is possible to have Elven Glaives which are Race Specific to Night Elves, and Class Specific to Warriors and Hunters (ICly only Females could use them)?

I ICly state that my Elf Warrior uses one, but it would be nice to actually have a visual given, just to reduce some of my weapon description during emotes and such. :)

Spoiler:
RALLY BEHIND ME KAL'DOREI FEMALES AND WE SHALL GET OUR GLAIVES! :x
Actually that totem is part of the original item database.
I think there is another thread for the topic. A lot of people thought the Elven weapons would be a really cool touch. Maybe it was in GM suggestions? I'm not sure.
You mean this one?
You got it! That is indeed the one I remember.
Usually if we do have the items, you can request them -if- they fit your charcter profile. I.E. the glaived, which we do have, would go to night elf guard characters. However, with the "No guard" rule that's currently standing while making characters, it's sort of a moot issue.

In other words, we have it, but it's for guards.
Does the fact that the guards use a certain weapon make it guard-specific so that nobody else can use it? I mean, Human guards use a sword-shield combination that pretty much anyone can get. Same goes for Ironforge guards with their axe/shield. So why would the fact that Blizzard never made separate items for the Night Elf and Blood Elf guard weapons mean that ICly they're exclusive to the guards?
A sword and shield or axe and shield combo are both very general. The reason Blizzard made many "knock-offs" of those is because those were the weapons that were most likely going to be used by more players than any other ones. I don't think there are any combinations that can completely replicate Ironforge or Stormwind guards either.
Actually, we have the stormwind Guard armor and shield replicated as well. Again, that's something we don't hand over, heh.

And yeah, there are some certain things the guards would keep close, considering that the Nightelf guards are almost even a class of their own.
What about the Tauren giant totem thing, then? I've only seen one character with it, but I know he's not a GM and since guards aren't playable, he's not a guard. It just seems like a bit of a double-standard that Tauren get their custom weapons but Elves don't. :|

Edit: I thought the Tauren guards had weapons those totems. Huh. *Hasn't made a Tauren in a loooong time*
He's the chieftain of a tribe. All chiefs get a totem, it's like... A requirement almost.
Also, what Tauren guards have totems? This is he with the totem. Tauren Warriors from Warcraft 3 had totems, and in WoW, there's a tauren in Outland who has a totem besides Cairne.

Edit: I do support this though.
I didn't say that was a "Tauren Guard weapon". That's something you can actually buy off the auction house, normally. I meant in relation to the Glaive.

We also don't give out tatoos, the back-mounted guns, or the back-mounted bows away that freely usually. Sometimes, they do turn up on the AH though. *Shrugs*