Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Malsofeth`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
My name is Jake and I'm currently a resident of Chicago, though I'm hoping to be moving to NYC in the next few years. I've been playing video games since my thumbs were useful to me and MMOs for as long as I've known them to exist. I play piano, double-bass, and violin; love to write music; consider myself utterly neurotic; and would, if I could, live in an obsidian tower a la Saruman.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
The United State. English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My first interaction with Warcraft was, in some ways, not really my own and (in respect of full disclosure) not very favorable.

When I was younger I would visit my aunt's house in central New Jersey, a place that was all fields, farmlands, and forests. The little monkey that I was, I spent almost my whole time outdoors, in the trees, and splashing around in the creeks in the pine forests a few miles away from her home.

While I was there, I ran into another young boy who had similarly occupied himself, fighting invisible hordes of demons that he saw coming down along the hills, slashing at the air with a broken branch. After a short introduction, he and I went to battle together until the creeping darkness coupled with our rampant imaginations began to leave us a little unsettled. For all the weekends I had spent alone along the banks of trees in the woods, I had finally found a partner in my travels.

After near on a year of knowing one another, I had a chance to meet his brother---a self-proclaimed "gamer" in an era when computers could cover the full half of an executive desk. He was playing a game called "Warcraft," and I was slightly intrigued by the box of some green monster glaring viciously at some pirate. As I watched it, though, I became desperately bored by its limitations. I could do all he was doing and more out in the woods only a few miles away.

Years later, when I was overcoming the depths of my own gaming obsession, I became very interested in the power that MMOs have to allow me to express all of the imagination I've had in a form that is more sensorily stimulating (too many attempts at recreating fireballs as a child taught me to stick to pixels or pure imagination). WoW especially interested me because of its size and its lore (of which I became particularly enamored).

I've been playing since a few months after Vanilla came out and was on a RP server for the first year and a half (Shadow Council). I was happy, but not satisfied. I still felt that something was missing. I gave up RP for a while because I was disheartened by most of what I saw, and also because I never felt that I could get the kind of in-depth experience that I wanted.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I was browsing on Google for private servers and, having read closely the strict rules in place for curating appropriate users, I thought that this server seemed to take its role most seriously. After reading a few introductions and a few on-going story arcs, I decided that I'd really like the join the community.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy all types of roleplay, but most especially those that involve subtly, subterfuge, manipulation, and intrigue. I enjoy a good battle as a satisfying climax to a long-growing storyline, but I most especially the love immersive conversations that go on to build that storyline.

I prefer smaller groups for strategizing and building complex power structures to put into play different schemes on a larger scale; in general, I prefer roleplay in smaller groups with an eye towards the exciting large-scale ending.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
This is a tough one. I normally go for the Forsaken, though I have in recent months been in more of a Blood Elf mode.

As for classes, I normally choose mage/warlock/death knight/shadow priest, in any combination with the races above.

As for why, it'd have to be that I appreciate the darker side of story-lines and found that both the Forsaken and Blood Elf fit this nicely for me. I also feel that they have the most rich histories and interesting story arcs for the Horde.

What are your expectations of this server?:
That I can find a group of players who are serious about being imaginative and willing to put in the effort to create a world that feels cohesive.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Hands down, the expectation of maturity. I've spent enough time on "RP" servers on the main WoW Servers to know that a lack of maturity is anathema to good RP.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I'd like to complete this later, if only because I want to invest some more time on it and I don't want this form to reset on me while I write it (as I've had happen before).

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Welcome to Conquest of the CressyHorde!

If you haven't already, please make sure to check out our Rules, Policies, FAQs, and Wiki. Also take a gander at our grammar and spelling guides and the level we expect here on the server.

And be sure to /join chat when you get in game!

<333

Cressy

PS. I am from Shadow Council too! Well, a long time ago that is.
Oh, really?

When were you there? We may have actually run into one another, depending on the time frame. It was a pretty great RP server for the first year / two years of Vanilla.
I was there...Right before Burning Crusade came out. :B