Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Pygmalion`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well to start I'm 16, going on 17 as of August 31st. But don't let my age fool you. I've been told I'm quite mature for my age, and have come to believe so myself.

I enjoy creative writing and storytelling, probably more then anyone I know, which is probably why I love roleplaying so much. I've played and paid for WoW, I even managed to play in the beta tests. I remember playing Warcraft 3 and seeing a banner add for World of Warcraft, but I digress.

As a roleplayer I like to play the underdog. But not in the traditional sense. I loath the stereotypical man born into poverty discovering he has some ancient hereditary blood ties and becomes the hero to save the day. I enjoy my shades of gray. I like to play a father desperately seeking his daughter whom was kidnapped by the gang he had affiliated himself with, and subsequently betrayed.

Writing isn't the only thing I enjoy though. I like riding my bike (fixed gear), hanging out with friends, and occasionally partying :P. I still attend high school, Junior year, and have a full schedule that I have to attend to. But summer is coming up and that usually alots me some free time. I'm not always going to be the most dedicated user, but when I start something I finish it. So don't expect me to leave any RP storylines unfinished.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
The United States of America. I've lived all over the world however. And I speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Oh jeeze. Well I remember my grandma had a computer in her basement, Windows 95, and a copy of Warcraft: Humans vs. Orcs. That was my very first experience, although I don't remember much about it, I remember the Ogres were still apart of the horde :P. Then time rolled on and Warcraft 3 came out. I've always sort of grown up with Warcraft and I think I know my fair share of lore. Although my favorite lore of any universe by far is Warhammer (Fantasy and 40k), but that's a totally different subject.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Well I wanted a dedicated Roleplaying server, one that enforces it's rules and I knew I couldn't find that even if I paid for a subscription. Besides I googled it and you guys were the first link ;) and let's face it; I'm lazy.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like all kinds of roleplay. It really just depends on what mood I'm in, or what my character needs to be doing to accomplish his goals. I like to create characters that encompass all aspects of roleplaying, be it fighting, mingling, or a combination of both. Personally I like to have a roleplaying buddy. Someone who shares a story with me in order to mix things up and get some outside influences in my RP. But I always love running into other characters and arcing our storylines together. The more the merrier.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
From a strictly gameplay perspective I prefer Night Elf Hunters, simply because that was the first character I ever played.

But other then that I have no particular favorites. I'm an altaholic as some would call it, and therefore I enjoy just about every class and every race.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm hoping that I can find a server with dedicated and avid roleplayers. People I can have a fun time and people who understand that roleplaying is roleplaying, and that our characters actions don't necessarily represent our personal feelings toward anyone in the community.

In other words I'm expecting a mature, respectful, yet fun loving and easy going community.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I find the Humility rule one that I really like. It's not often you see a server requiring humility. It's a major part of my life and I take it quite seriously. I believe in being humble and that everyone will have their time to shine.

Oh and the keyboard skills one made me smile. There's nothing I hate more then RPing with someone who tries talking in character with text talk. It totally breaks the immersion.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I'll refer to my father/kidnapped daughter story ;)

It was black, the sound of rain emanated from all around. A flash of thunder revealed my liaison's face. A dark man, one with stern features that advertised experience. At least one of us knew what we were doing. After all these years I never thought I'd be in this situation. A crack of thunder. But something had to be done, I couldn't just sit by while they murdered and extorted those poor souls.

It should have never come to this. We were brothers after all. The poor knaves who built this society, stepped on by the aristocrats whom took us for granted. We never did anything brash, petty robberies, kidnappings and ransoms only from those who deserved it. We simply wanted our share. But then that ambitious rat Aiden came along. I had a bad feeling about him from the start, but who was I to argue, he was the chief's son. His prodigy, the one to continue the Commune legacy. Little did they know his ambition would far outstretch his respect for tradition and legacy.

"The documents" the hooded man demanded with his palm outstretched.
"And me and my daughter?"
"Will receive safe passage to Westfall."
"Great." I said as I handed over the documents, careful to keep them out of the rain. 'Finally I can get away from all this' I felt a burden lifted from my shoulders as I passed on the evidence. 'They already took you from me, I won't let them take our Lilith.'

Another flash and he was gone. As if whisked away by the light, the bearer of my freedom gone with the wind. The clash of thunder was more then enough to animate my body lost in thought. It was well into the night and I needed rest for the morning. After all I'm a new man now.

To be continued....

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Can't wait to see you guys in-game :D
Welcome to Conquest of the CressyHorde!

If you haven't already, please make sure to check out our Rules, Policies, FAQs, and Wiki. Also take a gander at our grammar and spelling guides and the level we expect here on the server.

And be sure to /join chat when you get in game!

<333

Cressy