Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Ibaris`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hello! Before finding this server, I played World of Warcraft on the Moon Guard server, as well as tapping into Private Servers every once in a while. As a player, I tend to be very easy-going, and prefer more laid-back, funny environments and people.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I live in America, and my primary language is English. However, I do speak Japanese, German, and some Russian as well. ^ ^''

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I first got into Warcraft back in Middle School, when a friend of mine showed me Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos. The two of us played Warcraft III up until World of Warcraft came out. I played World of Warcraft since about a year after the game came out. I got into Role playing a few months afterwords.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Roleplaying. RP is what I enjoy most about Warcraft, and the fact that you guys are so serious about keeping your server based around RP to the point that you make people fill out these forms to sign up is really great!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Hmm.... I prefer roleplay more on the less serious, more funny type. However, I still want my RP to be filled with Action and Danger.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Hmm... A hard question. I really love Draenei and Trolls, as far as race goes. As for class, I prefer melee classes (namely Warriors and Paladins).

What are your expectations of this server?:
Dedication to roleplay, but still having a fun, care-free community that isn't too overly serious.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Probably the dedication to keeping it a Roleplaying server.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
About Warcraft? Or just in general?
Something I've been working on:

Twenty years ago a group of Neo-Bolsheviks arose in Russia, and led a blood campaign with the hopes of re-instating the U.S.S.R. Although met with retaliation by the people , the Russian government gave into the Bolshevik's bribes, and the Russian government was swallowed by the newly re-instated U.S.S.R. Although only staying within the borders of Russia, the Soviet Union quickly became a world power, sweeping through Russia and taking land from the “True Russians”, who are now labeled as rebels and saboteurs of the peace. The Russian citizens where met with overzealously strict laws and restrictions, to keep the rebellion down as much as possible, and to create a false Utopia (dystopia)…

Chapter: One

0800 Hours

February 13, 2545 (Military Calendar)

Sokolniki, Moscow (USSR territory)

Data received from: Abelev, Sergei.

Sergei walked through the front gates of his high school, his backpack slacked across a single shoulder. Snow rained from the sky, shorting his visibility of the sacked city around him. The sound of far-off gunshots rung in his ears and as he walked through the door a siren went off in the distance. Sergei was used to such noises; guerillas attacked on a day-by-day basis. He paid no attention to them, and took off his hat, letting his hand run through his silky, blond hair, which fell just above his shoulders. He took the headphones of his imported music player (it was called “iPod” in America). If he were seen with it, he would be beaten for sure; the school board didn't take lightly to “punks” like him. As he walked down the hall to his locker, he stared blankly into one of the cameras in the hallway. These cameras reported anything that was said against the “Union” straight to the government officials themselves. Sergei was tempted to wave at the camera, but he didn't expect the security officials to get the joke of it, and continued on his way.

Sergei put his unnecessary bags into the locker, and grabbed the ones he needed. He walked down a few more hallways, corrected his uniform, and entered the room. The teacher was not yet in the room, and neither was most of the class. Only five kids in total were in the room. Sergei walked up to the group of three of them and sat down with them, waving his hand and mumbling a short, “Dobraye Ootra”. The only other boy of the group, leaning against the wall with his chair, closed his eyes and returned the greeting. His name was Lev, and was one of Sergei's closest friends. Saying this wasn't much though; Lev was mysterious, and always hard to approach. The two rarely talked to each other, and Sergei had always been somewhat afraid of the boy. Lev's long, jet black hair was slicked back, giving his face a sharp, smooth appearance. Lev's eyes where an unnatural light blue, almost a grayish white; very calculating and cold. His left arm was bandaged, where he had been caught in the crossfire of some Soviet soldiers. He tapped the girl next to his on the shoulder, waking her up. Her head tucked into her arms, she looked up and muttered a warm “Pree'vet”, and then returned to her nap. The girl was Anja. Sergei didn't know much about her, other than that she was a close friend of Lev's. Sergei suspected that Lev and Anja were connected romantically, although the two never showed it. Anja's shoulder length hair was a rusty brownish-red, and was held up in the back by an ornamental hairclip. She always wore a long, plaid scarf with her uniform; she's gotten in trouble for it multiple times. Sergei looked up at the last person, a girl named Saruin, who sat crossed-legged on top of one of the desks. She looked down and smiled at him. “Pree'vet”, she said, her voice was soft, and fluid. If there was one sound in the world that Sergei would never grow old of, it was the sound of Saruin's voice . Her skin was soft, and a creamy pale white. A few flakes of snow still rest on top of her long, silky hair. Her hair was black, but seemed to almost appear dark-blue in the sun. Her body was well bit, although not very curvaceous, Saruin gave off an appearance of childish naiveté.

Sergei stood up and picked the snowflakes out of Saruin's hair. Saruin silently kissed Sergei's neck as he did so. The two looked at each other and smiled but remained silent. The two teenager's love for each other was as strong as love could get. They had to be careful though; too much public affection was looked down upon by the government. In a worst-case scenario, the two teens could be put to death for doing anything too intimate. Saruin and Anja were talking to each other about a new CD album that came out, and Sergei zoned out, peering out the window. Yebat revolyutsiya! was painted on the wall of the building next to their school. Sergei felt his face contort into a frown. He hated thing like this, although he didn't quite know why.

“The revolutionaries deserve more respect than this… I mean, I know they're an enemy, but they still shouldn't be so disrespected…” Sergei whimpered aloud. As soon as he had said this, Sergei's eyes widened and he clasped his hands to his mouth; he hadn't meant for that to be said aloud. The three friends looked at him worriedly, as if they had seen a ghost. Sergei slowly turned his head, and frightfully gazed up at the three cameras placed throughout the room; surely one of them had picked up what he had said.

“Chert'! I'm a dead man! I didn't mean that, I really didn't!” Sergei shouted, purposely loud so that the cameras would hear him. “Don't worry; I doubt the cameras picked it up. And if they did, I doubt you'll be taken to the shooting field for it. At most, you'll get off with a whipping and a lecture.” Anja joked, calming Sergei down. He sat back down in his chair, and joined in on the friend's conversation.

“I heard that another guy in out class was taken last night. Apparently his father was givin' out information to the guerillas.” Anja mused.

“I don't doubt it. People are dropping like damn flies…” Lev agreed. His voice was as cold as his eyes and was quite, almost a whisper.

“I just hope it'll end soon. I can't stand all of these bomb drills in the middle of the night.”

“Unlikely; the guerillas are advancing in southern Moscow. They've just recently occupied Nagornyy.”Saruin added.

“Nagornyy?! That's not too far from here!”

Suddenly the teacher entered the classroom, and all of the students stood up at attention. The teacher nodded, and they all took their seats; all five of them. The teacher examined the miniscule class. “Is this all of you?” He asked. Saruin stood up and answered his question: “Yes, sir. Anastasiya, Ivan, and Aleksandr were arrested for treason over the weekend.” The teacher grumbled, and looked down at his textbook…

After the class ended, Sergei followed Saruin and Lev out of the room and into the cafeteria. Half of the lights in the large room never seemed to work, giving it a dark, eerie feeling. Sergei turned to Saruin, who was in front of him in the line to get food. “Class is dull… Why do we need to learn Geometry anyway?” Saruin laughed softly and replied, “It's not dull; you just suck at it.” Sergei grinned as well, and jokingly continued his tirade, “I'm serious! When will I ever need to know the circumference of-” A large boom interrupted him, and the entire building shook. Saruin lost her balance and fell, but Sergei caught her. He turned his head and looked for Lev. He caught sight of Lev and Anja, who were just now leaving the line with their food. Lev just shrugged, but Anja called out to them, “Some soldiers are firing mortars at a rebel base just north of here. We got hit in the crossfire”. Sergei nodded, and returned to his tray. He picked up a piece of bread and a carton of milk as the lunch attendant poured him a generous helping of Borsht; with less mouths to feed, everyone got larger helpings. He picked up a small brownie, and then paid the cashier. He ran to meet up with Lev and Anja, who were sitting alone at the end of one of the long, rectangular tables. The sat down, and Saruin quickly followed suit.

Lev frowned. “Borsht again… And there's not enough potato in it either…”

“Stop complainin'; Borsht is good for you.” Anja said, gulping down a small spoonful

“Lzhets'. That just gives me even more of a reason not to eat it.” Lev replied, taking a large bite out of his bread roll. Anja laughed, and closed the space between the two of them. Saruin grinned, and whispered in Sergei's ear, “They're cute, no?” Sergei nodded and blissfully agreed, “Da'. Oh yeah...” Sergei leaned on the table, addressing all of them. “..Are we all still going out tonight?”

Anja turned to them, “Of course! The Chinese restaurant just down the road from here, right?” Saruin nodded, “Yeah, that's the one. I don't know much about China, but their food is delicious.” Saruin finished her Borsht and got up from the table. She waved goodbye to the others and went to her next class…

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, please make sure to check out our Rules, Policies, FAQs, and Wiki. Also take a gander at our grammar and spelling guides and the level we expect here on the server.

And be sure to /join chat when you get in game!

<333

Cressy