Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Valnius`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, as a player I was delighted when I heard about Conquest of The Horde, I heard of it from some old friends of mine, which I cannot remember at this moment. In terms of me as a player, I'm a realist. I enjoy good roleplay, that Involves real elements of The World. Common Beggars, thieves, military officers that are sheltered and have no idea how the world works. I suppose in that regard, I could find something a bit more then the average roleplaying server on Conquest of The Horde. Because I can more freely interact with the world, and NOT have to deal and use imagination to see things that your guild, and yourself have affected in the world, and spent a great amount of time. Grinding to get a small piece of roleplaying armor, all of that. I enjoy roleplay, and I've been doing it for nearly six years now. And I think this is the perfect place.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from the United States, and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
When I was a bit younger, The RTS element of Warcraft 2, I thought 'Wow, this looks like an awesome game' and so it started me down a path of loving and enjoying Warcraft, from that moment on. I love the lore, and I love the plot. It's so excellently designed.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Roleplay, and because a few of my friends told me about this server, I'm quite eager to jump in and roleplay! You guys have a good reputation from what I've heard, and It'll be a nice change of scenery for me from the average day-to-day roleplaying server of World of Warcraft.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
In general, I love going into a tavern, roleplaying a worthless drunkard, or a beggar on the streets. All aspects of roleplaying, are awesome elements to it. I love all of it, actually. I like fighting, I like roleplaying in tavern, action, spys, all of it. A good balance of all of it, makes for a good time.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I love paladin human. The idea of a Knight, is what Inspired me of it. But not always a good knight, more or less a 'evil' knight. Much like the Scarlet Crusade. (Not to go off topic, but that is another thing about roleplay I like: roleplaying a brainwashed Zealot.)

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations? I'm hoping to find a place where I can make friends, and also have good roleplay, who enjoy some of the same roleplaying as I do. a world which moves, and breathes. Which you can interact with. I think thats what any roleplayer may expect of such.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect. People need to respect, and show respect towards eachother, I think that should be the rule of all places, if respect is shown, well, It tends to be best for everyone involved! :)

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(Some of my more.. detailed writing, and well-thought out of a character of mine.)

Naevius!" "Aerrriius!"

He ran up the hillside as the woman's voice shouted from above. I bet it's dinner time. The boy thought.

"Naevius!" came the woman's voice once again as the boy reached the top of the hill and the small cabin came into view.

"About time, lad. Get inside for suppa' hmm?" the tall woman standing in the doorway cajoled to him. I'm not that hungry but..

The boy couldn't have been any older than six, he was smudged with dirt and had been playing all day in the fields.

"Yes, momma." he hung his head and dragged his feet to the shack. The intense smell of buttered potatoes and
simmering chicken touched his nostrils and he realized his hunger was stronger than he originally thought. He perked up and bolted to the shack at a tiny sprint. The woman returned to the porch and the boy bumped into her.

"Ohh, watch it now, lad. You don't want to hurt yerself now." she said, looking down to him with her big, beautiful
dark eyes.

"I know, mom." he said, lowering his head. She smiled at him and kissed his sweaty head.

"Go inside n-." she began to say, but was cut short as she looked off to the fields. The sounds of horse hoofs thundered in the distance. "Naevius. Go inside." she ordered, pushing him past her. I don't wanna.

"What?" he said and looked out from behind her long skirts. I hope it's rain!

"I said go inside, Naevius!" she said more forceful, pushing him into the doorway. The horses were closer and the sound of metal scraping against metal clinked, the telltale sign of armored riders. As the sun waned in the western skyline of the Lordamere the riders appeared over the hilly terrain. There were at least a dozen men on horseback, one of them bearing a standard of the Royal House of Darinthos and of the local noble Lord that owned the land.

"We come in the name of the King and of Lord Darinthos!" a man at the front boomed out as the horses were pulled to a stop at the front porch of the cabin.

"I kin see tha' flags, lad, I know who ya repre'sen'" she said, scowling at the man at the front. The rest of the armored men wore helms, hiding their faces. Her scowl turned to a worrisome frown as she noticed the face of the man was one she recognized.

"Beltana." he said as he dismounted, his armor clinking together as he strode up to her and inclined his head politely. "You know why I've come?" he asked in a straight-forward tone, his face a stony mask of indifference.

She frowned and spoke in a sad voice. "You've come fer mah Naevius.." The man nodded, his wing-etched armor shining dully in the dwindling light of the day.

"I'm sorry Bell.. I have orders. The boy is to be taken to the military academy." he told her with a bit of regret, lifting
his gauntlet-clad fist to the mounted men behind.

"No!" she shouted, collapsing weakly to her knees. "No! Please.. don't take mah boy.. he's all ah 'ave in 'da world.. good ser.. knight.. please.." she pleaded for some time, gripping the knight's greaves before two helmed soldiers were sent into the cabin to retrieve the boy.

"Mommy! Mommy!" the boy cried, tears streaming down his face as he was taken out of the cabin on the shoulder of a massive, armored man, banging his tiny fists against the metal skin of the knight. "Wha-what you want with us! Leave us alone!" he cried over and over.

"Shut the boy up, Blaen." the man with the wing-etched armor ordered, the woman still clutching his metal legs. The large, helmed man nodded and turned the boy's head into a wooden post, knocking him unconscious.

"No! Yah kin'a take mah boy! Naevius! Naevius!" she screamed and got up, clawing her way around the metal-clad knights.

Suddenly she felt a sting in the middle of her back which turned to burning agony within moments. She looked down to see just the tip of a sword coming out of her belly. What was the tip of a sword doing there? She wondered. Blood welled inside her throat and spilled from her mouth. The wing-etched-armored man pulled his blade out of her back and turned to his horse as she collapsed onto the deck of the cabin. The last image she saw was her boy being strapped to a horse before everything went black.

The wing-etched-armored man mounted his horse and turned toward the cabin and the regiment of mounted men. "Burn it." he said grimly and rode off into the horizon with the boy strapped to the back of his stead.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I would LOVE to roleplay here!
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, please make sure to check out our Rules, Policies, FAQs, and Wiki. Also take a gander at our grammar and spelling guides and the level we expect here on the server.

And be sure to /join chat when you get in game!

<333

Cressy