Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: StaziTheInsane`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well; I guess you could say that I like to get involved. In raiding I was the guy farming mats and donating gold; Taking players through content and making them better.

As for the RP aspect. I am the kind who likes to get involved with what's going on. If there's a really cool RP I like to try to get myself a part of it without being like "Hay guyz can we pretend i wus here the whole time?"

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from The United States. Born and Raised in Indiana. Of course from that you will gather that I speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I used to play MMO's on my brother's computer while he was at work. Pretty much 9 AM to 9 PM every day. He would move on to a new MMO and I would play on his account on my own toon. I went from Asheron's Call to Final Fantasy 11, Then to Star Wars Galaxies and then found my self playing World of Warcraft. So I guess he pretty much introduced me to the game. When he moved away to college I didn't have access to the game anymore so I was playing Warcraft III and enjoyed RPing there. I started my own clan and got very successful on U.S. East. After getting into Role-Playing there I decided to come back to WoW. I raided for a year or two then got bored with it and joined a WoW RP Private server. It was Archaic WoW; But they were struggling keeping the server cool and they got shut down. (I really didn't like the whole "Pre BC" thing.) So here I am. Moving on to a more homely server hoping to get approved.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I enjoy RPing; I've got my fix in many different ways. Warcraft III, Forum RolePlaying ( I started my own Forum) And previously on ArchaicWoW.

After Archaic died I was in tune with life getting things done but now I'm stuck with a bunch of free time and well I want to do what I think is fun and RP. Hopefully I can do that here and not run into many problems.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I really like it when two or more People are RPing together and they are good, skilled RPers. And how they go about the storyline becomes like a book and you are anxious to see what happens next. Some guys who get very creative make you just get that awesome feeling inside like "THAT WAS EPIC!!!" So I guess you could say I like it in Crowds and Pairs.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I enjoy Rogue; Stealth, Stabbing things. Just my style.

I like the whole idea of being an Assassin; You can be very mysterious. And quite frankly have no answers for some things. Because it doesn't matter. It's a mystery to other players. I like to just sit against a wall and spy on a conversation and get knowledge of everything going on. I get realistic when it comes to stealth. I go from bush to bush corner to corner. Keeping it so i'm a rogue who is sneaky; Not a invisible person :)

As for race. I normally play Night Elf; But it depends on the role. Human or Undead are sometimes more fit.

What are your expectations of this server?:
A good well kept server. I can see you guys keep up to date with all world happenings and you keep a lot of events up. And they aren't random events. I saw something on the homepage about meeting at 10 PM EST. So I feel like I will have a lot of fun here. I hope that it's not too strict but strict enough to keep it from getting too insane.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I like the Respect one. I hate it when you are new somewhere and get treated like a Freshmen in highschool. "LOL FRESH MEAT!" I also read somewhere that the GM's can ban you and not state a reason. To me this means that you guys have a lot of trust; and you don't let just anyone be a GM which is a real key thing for me wanting to be a part of your community this much. I don't think I will have to worry about GM's power abusing. And every server I get in. There's always some girl who is attatched to a GM or the owner and gets GM and does not deserve it and power abuses it so much and gets nothing cause it's a girl with winky eyes. So much respect to you guys.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Walking. The basic mode of travel for all organism. Your burdened by such a task, led by a mysterious Guide. Whether you have came against your will or not, you follow him. You follow him through the acres. Silent acres. In an odd gabble, the woods are quiet and sullen; Seeming to remind you of your sins. Nevertheless, the gravel of the trail shakes and tobbles as your feet, booted or not, ache with travel. But you must trek on. The guide will not stop, and your determined not either. Your head looms up over the crowds. Dozens of other combantants are marching with you, all restless or sober. Ignoring their presences, you simply focus on not falling over fromm fatigue. The minutes crawl into hours, but frankly a castle looms in the ditance. Just as you reach the peak of the hill, it catches your feild of vision. All around the Fortress, houses and myriads of other buildings dot the landscape in clusters surrounding the Battlement. Suddenly, it feels as if several pounds have been lifted. Not much longer now; The prize awaits...

...Soon, the oaken doors approach you. Unfortuantly, the sun is high above, causing you to squint. But fear not; The object is large enough to soon block out the blinding light. As you are harbored beneath the forgiving shadow of the building, the group is stopped. Two guards walk towards the leader, focused on the task and nothing else. The Guide starts conversing with them, words undecidable. You take this time to become more aware of the party your traveling in...

Your snapped back into reality as the myrimond's sharp voice barks an order, more or less to his comrade. The doors are opened with a moan as the courtyard is unveiled. You admire it's natural beauty as you travel across it, not daring to stop. Flowers and bushed accompany each other in patches across the soft grass; Lime with good health. Trees, providing a cool shade to any weary traveler. A fountain spewing forth crystal water like moving sapphire. So, peaceful...You cannot remember the last time you have seen a settlement such as this. But through all this beauty, the horrors of men are revealed through the next door. A long, massive hall seems to whisper deadly encouragement into your perked ears. A red linen cloth is placed beneath your feet, dusty with age of bygone years. Down the end of the hall, a vague image of a man sits. As the crowd your traveling with approaches, it is revealed to be the Count of the City, sitting proudly in his Black and Burgundy outfit. The gleam of a engraved golden ring shines in the light. His face is expressionless as he leaves the small throne and addresses the guide. You take this moment to rest, letting the low words carry their own manner in the world.

Soon, two large bags of gold are presented to the guide from the two guards that seemed to appear out of nowhere. The Guide cackles and thanks the two. Suddenly, he leaves. Stores the bags, hefts the rod, and shambles away. The filthy wr-

The insult is incompleted as the two guards screech their aggressive orders. Your not quite sure what he had said, but the rest of the party started to shuffle out the door. Instinctively, you follow. The chances of escaping become slimmer and slimmer as more sentinels join the ring of watchers. Slowly, you pervade through the most unpopulated part of the city. Only dust kicked up by the boots and feet accompany you.

Slowly your group makes their way to a large dome. It's brass walls stand stern and defensively, bleached in the golden sun. Two Large, metal doors impede your path, and the prisoners stop momentarily. But the releif was short-lived as loud, noticeable gears spun within the walls, the noise reaching the outside world. The doors separated and opened up before the crowd, the party themselves retreating from the door as it opened. Scrapping the dirt, the entrance was revealed to be a long tunnel that looked as though it delved forever. But frightened, you were not, and everyone continued, herded by the Town Guard. A single watcher led the front, which you could barely see over the heads of the so called 'Gladiators.'

Speaking of which, their were species of all types within the group; Dwarves, Elves, Drow, Imperials, Gnolls, Orcs; Just about anything the mind could think of was within the tunnel now. You pass multiple other doorways that lead to other parts of the Arena, but their secrets are still kept, beyond your limited reach. The air is heavy with the smell of iron, sweat, and crusted blood. The scent is unbearable, at first, but slowly you learn to tolerate it.

Down and down you go, trying to keep pace with the rest. Then, another stop as the guard yells his order. Another metal door, yet this one was massive. The only other difference was the small, ominous platform. As boredom gathered, so did the whispers of the criminals. Soon, the crowd fell silent, you with them, as thick, noisy clanks reverberate in a dimly lit hall you noticed only recently. It was the familiar sound of heavy metal boots, obviously iron considering the tone. Moments later, a man approaches. He looks old, but hardy and experienced. He halts in the middle of the elevated platform, his rough features judging harshly. His feet are fitted into rusted metal boots, and his legs bear rough greaves of the same material. The rest of his body is wreathed in studded leather, his gauntlets old and stained with the blood of many fallen combatants. Uncomfortable silence ensured, but was broken by an authoritative voice and a commanding presences.
"Well, if I haven't seen a sorrier group of fools, my mother was a Goblin."
He smiled to himself, gray hair flat upon his face. Judging by his skin tone, he was a Southerner; A Drow.
"Anyhow, you all found your way into this hellhole one way or another, and my job is to ensure you all entertain the audience."
He paused and bore through his listeners.
"It doesn't matter what you did in the past, weather you murdered, stole, or ate a baby, it's all gone to the gods now. This,"
He stopped once again to open his arms to the bloodstained halls.
"Is your new life. I am the Match Master. My word is law. Disobey it and it's the Serpent pit for you."
The mysterious man started to turn and leave, his voice yelling out orders as he retreated.
"The door in front of you leads to the mess hall. You'll get your match cards there. Left is up to the Arena. Right is to your bunks. Now haul ass!"
Then, silence fell once again.

But this was brief. The guards started to herd you and your cohorts into the slowly opening gates, the headache inducing moan creating a disturbing renaissance. You enter the poorly kept hall, but what a grand hall it was. A few improvised chandeliers hung from the ceiling, mostly made of torches. Before you laid an almost plain-like room, the oppisite side looking tiny from this distance. There was an open sparing ring in the middle, complete with a referee, and tables and chairs everywhere, a few shattered. Four towering pillars held aloft the rafters near each of the cafateria's four corners. On the left end was an opening with a crudely carved 'Arena' sign hanging above it. Yet, it was so stained with the ubiquitous cronyism liquid that it was difficult to make out. To your right, the entrance was not burdened with a reference, but it was obvious from the elevated nail that once there was.

You had little time to view your new environment, even less to revel in it. Quickly, a brass-voiced guard barked an order.
"Everyone, settle up to the counter! On the double!"
Reluctantly, you find yourself within the heated bowels of the large brigade, each individual in a rather unsociable mood.

Fortunately, you endured the waiting and the counter loomed into view. As a barbaric Westerner left with his card, one of the three armored men at the table spotted you. Hastily, he demanded your name and you gave. After some quick referencing, he pulled out a gray slip and passed it your way. Hastily you grab it and leave the oven, seating at a nearby table, oblivious to who else was there. The card stated the Arena's Logo, your name, and your opponent's names. With a sigh you study the card and wait for your name to be called to the manslaughter. Or the Beast slaughter. Or the whatever-the-hell-else-is-participating-slaughter.

It's going to be a long day...

"Fatalities of Entertainment" (If you find this online by Project.Seeds or quoted by another member; It's from my website. This is from my work there.)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Well you guys are very organized here. And it seems like a private; homely type of place. Which is my type of place.

The only complaint I have is that you guys post things very oddly.

For instance. You click on the "Forum Rules! Please Read First!" and it has links to them inside it. "You may find the rules here and the policies here."

It was getting very confusing going from topic to topic hotlink to hotlink and I had like 24 Firefox tabs up. I got lost and couldn't find the right tab or I'd read something and then can't find it again. But I mean. I am just a retard up with only a few hours of sleep so don't take it too personally :)
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, please make sure to check out our Rules, Policies, FAQs, and Wiki. Also take a gander at our grammar and spelling guides and the level we expect here on the server.

And be sure to /join chat when you get in game!

<333

Cressy

PS. Thanks for the input! I will try my hardest to make things less confusing.