Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: North to Wyrmrest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Sons and daughters of the Horde! Men and Women of the Alliance! Long has it been, far longer then mortal memory can recall, since the great Dragonflights of old were charged with the sacred duty to watch over our world of Azeroth. Since then they have fought to protect this world from corruption and evil, yet even they are not immune to decay.

Malygos... Has wandered from his ancient duty and with his mighty power seeks to reign in the arcane energies which flow across our world. Should he succeed, Azeroth will fall into ruin. Our beautiful world will resemble the remnants of Outland.

For this reason, the Spellweaver must be stopped! At this very moment the four other Dragonflights wage a war against this worlds unmaking. At this very moment the Armies of the Azure Dragonflight march east towards the Wyrmrest Temple. At this very moment the protectors of Azeroth call for your aid.

Armed with the ancient arcane and empowered by the already diverted ley lines they have corrupted the Blue Dragons have conjured an army likely to rival the power of the Scourge itself.

Adventurer of the Alliance...

Hero of the Horde...

Wyrmrest calls for aid.

Spoiler:
That's right! Load up and head for the Wyrmrest Temple. It's going to be one hell of a ride.
Fel yeah!

I thought there was something like this coming!
Just in case anyone missed the storyline posts, here's the link.
Oh yes! This'll be amazingly enjoyable.

Awesome stuff. /signs up & thumbs up.
Hell yes... now what character should I come there with? Besdle might wanna kill Blues for bragging rights...
It's time for Archmage Saanto to do her thang. :twisted:
First event is scheduled for Sunday, May the first at the wyrmrest temple. Specific time pending.

In the meanwhile the Wyrmrest Temple grounds are open to all willing to fight Malygos's army
Sunday like...Today? OR Next week. Because I'm coming, I just don't know which character to bring to the Awesome.
Quote:Sunday, May the first

Next sunday.
OH YEAH! I feel like a spy!
I thought we weren't allowed to take place in lore battles like this. You know, fighting dragons and stuff, or is Malygos going to fall to some unnamed heroes?
Jetniss, that's a one-man army type situation, but GM supported, and the whole of the Alliance, Horde, Night Elves, and Dragon Flights rallying together(and the server players) I'm certain this can be done. We(me and the GMs and Players who go onto Cressy's Vent) talked about some of these things on vent, and pretty much decided, there's nothing wrong with changing the world, getting things done. Only that doing them with five guys, alone, or with anything less then an army, and or a very powerful lore figure next to you, similar to the Fight for the Undercity Quests and what not. It's pretty unlikely.
I argued that point -many- times and all I got was: "No that's too OP'd. Taking down a dragon? Taking down the lich king? OP'd"
Jetniss Wrote:I argued that point -many- times and all I got was: "No that's too OP'd. Taking down a dragon? Taking down the lich king? OP'd"
My guess is that your comments were probably viewed as being a player-led, lore-breaking event rather than something directed by the staff. The server has already had a number of events in the past that significantly changed the course of this universe; the events surrounding Silvermoon City and the Sunwell come to mind.

When it's staff-led, it's canon. When it's player-led, it's too OP. That's essentially what it's going to boil down to each time.

Regardless of what has been stated in the past, you now have the opportunity to engage in exactly what you wanted to do. It's win-win! Enjoy!
If you kill NPC's as a small group, do not kill LORE CHARACTERS! They are generally all prestiged and even more so. The most elite warriors like Van Cleef and his leutenants like that ogre and the tauren, Mr Smite. They are good examples of characters you wouldn't be able to take on easily due to high levels of skill they possess. Or in the case of Smite, the ability to stun a level 80 in that dungeon on retail, he is "OP".

But small skirmishes are ok as long as you are not like raiding an enemy fortification or something, but yeah this has a army of NPC's and lore characters fighting alongside players for a great and power effect. Presence of dragons on your side is a morale booster, many normal people could do so much more with so many powerful allies commanding them. Etc. Etc.
Pages: 1 2 3