Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Forsaken Character
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm new to WoW settings and want to create a Forsaken character. I have some questions:

How do new forsaken get "made". I understand the historical ones where liberated from the Lich Kings hold by Sylvanas Windrunner, but what of the noobs?

Is it plausable to have an elf forsaken?

I'm trying to identify a tension within the characters profile, so for example, do Forsaken feel guilt? If my character was to kill could he feel guilt? Do they have the same spectrum of feelings as the living? Would they feel to become undead is a blessing or a curse that they have just, 'made the best of a bad situation'?

Is there a guild or an existing group that RPs Forsaken?

cheers

Mog
Mogweh Wrote:How do new forsaken get "made". I understand the historical ones where liberated from the Lich Kings hold by Sylvanas Windrunner, but what of the noobs?
The Forsaken we play are more or less ex-scourge who were freed when Sylvanas was, you just add that in your history I believe.
Mogweh Wrote:Is it plausable to have an elf forsaken?
Yes, I know a person who plays an Elf Forsaken and seeing as the Forsaken are made up of both Humans and Elves, it's very plausable, just a bit more rare that's all.
Mogweh Wrote:I'm trying to identify a tension within the characters profile, so for example, do Forsaken feel guilt? If my character was to kill could he feel guilt? Do they have the same spectrum of feelings as the living? Would they feel to become undead is a blessing or a curse that they have just, 'made the best of a bad situation'?
A Forsaken wouldn't be able to feel as much passion as a living person would with feelings but it all depends on your own character's personality. You can be a happy, empathetic Forsaken who feels death is a blessing or you can be a mean, mean Forsaken who hates his dead. Most Forsaken, however, aren't too happy with their current state but would easily cope. A Shadow Priest, however, might think death was a blessing in my opinion.
Mogweh Wrote:Is there a guild or an existing group that RPs Forsaken?
All undead we can play are Forsaken, they are the only faction of undead who have their own free well (If you don't include the Ebon Blade) and we are not allowed to play Scourge.

Hope that helped ^.^
I think you'll find all your Forsaken questions answered in one of Nostra's well written guides here, It basically sums up all the things you would need to know about playing a Forsaken character and how they work. It's pretty long but it's a good read and will help you alot!

Edit: Unfortunately I don't know of any Forsaken guilds apart from The Harbingers.. Take a look at them and see if that meets the criteria your looking for!
I`ve read through Nostra`s excellent guide, and talked about this with Mogweh a bit, which is pretty much why I`m posting here too.

Mogweh also asked about the creation of `new` Forsaken, and it`s something I`d like to know more about as well.. As BountyHunter said, the vast majority are freed Scourge...but can other undead be, for want of a better word, made?
For example, if I wanted to play a human character and eventually have him killed off and rise as Forsaken (so that people could get to know him beforehand, and he encounter them afterwards...piece together his former life/existence, etc. Juicy RP IMO), how would I go about RPing this correctly (not breaking established Lore, etc)?
Presumably they can be made by other necromancers, but as I understand it that`s not something that a player-character can do...
it would be frowned upon (or outright wrong) to have a character die in the Undercity and (after deleting the living-one) remade as Forsaken?
The only way for the Forsaken to "make" new Forsaken are by freeing more from the Scourge, the undead raised by the few necromancers are all mindless slaves to the arcanist, which is why there's a large portion of the Forsaken who hates necromancers, most see them as necessary evils in the war against the Scourge though.

For a human to be made into a Forsaken today he would have to be raised by the Scourge, a lich or other more powerful necromancer or even the Plague, and then freed by one of the Forsaken necromancers. To enact this would be hard though, and it might be better to simply roll a Forsaken to begin with and maybe map out his past and include other players to create or link characters to him that way.
Nostra Wrote:The only way for the Forsaken to "make" new Forsaken are by freeing more from the Scourge, the undead raised by the few necromancers are all mindless slaves to the arcanist, which is why there's a large portion of the Forsaken who hates necromancers, most see them as necessary evils in the war against the Scourge though.

For a human to be made into a Forsaken today he would have to be raised by the Scourge, a lich or other more powerful necromancer or even the Plague, and then freed by one of the Forsaken necromancers. To enact this would be hard though, and it might be better to simply roll a Forsaken to begin with and maybe map out his past and include other players to create or link characters to him that way.

Questions:

1) So, could we have a group of characters who's backstory is that they all knew each other in the past, pre-scourge? Some Forsaken, some non-undead?

2) How many years ago did the plague happen - I've heard mention of different time scales. I'm happy to be non-specific in the narrative and just mention events rather than times, but a rough idea could be useful. (any links to timelines that are used on the server)

3) If it happened 7 years ago, will it have happened 8 years ago in a RL years time?

Thanks for all your help :)
RL years time? I don't get you. You'll find that time tends to flow sometimes differently from RL time, if just to let people have time to type their lines.

It's been nine years, I believe, since this all happened. I suggest you begin small with a scourge Forsaken that was freed and spent their time doing Forsaken stuff.

The Third War itself happened nine years ago; the Forsaken was likely freed soon after.

Also some people choose to play characters that knew other characters in their past - I have such a character intertwined with another. Check the wiki, especially the Forsaken character profiles to get an idea of backstories and timelines..it's how I did it at least, well to some point.

There's also a guide section Beer Feel free to browse there.
[Image: 60e26fcf_Thread_Necromancer.jpeg]
Oh wow, I totally read 2012. Gonna sleep. XD

Confound those related threads. (Can just as well keep it up for info, and do something about a related thread timeout)
Though it is almost like you read my mind Holynexus, because I just returned to the game a day ago (began dling the client) and was thinking about rolling an undead, at last. Will take your advise, many thanks :D
Ah well! Guess it wasn't in vain then. xD