Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: AH Scams, how to fight it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So! There's been reports of the Auction House scamming you. No, it's not players. It's the system that doesn't work all the time. I've noticed a single thing that makes it less probable, if not stops it completely.

Once you buy that item of yours from AH, do -NOT- run straight to the mailbox and open it. Wait for about 15 seconds. Otherwise the item would not appear for some reason.

At least, for me. I also tested, I bought a cheap item and ran to the mailbox instantly, opening the mailbox. Nothing. At all.

I tried again, bought an item, waited 15 seconds, and ta-dah.

So, my advice, DO NOT RUN STRAIGHT TO THE MAILBOX AFTER PURCHASING AN ITEM FROM AH.

Also!
Loxmardin Wrote:If you do run straight ahead to the mailbox and the items do not appear, teleport to another zone and try to use the mailbox there instead, without logging out and back in before you do. If you log, then the item's gone.

Either run to another zone, or exit the one you're in and go back in.
I use this method all the time and I can tell you all, it works perfectly. It has been ages since I've lost an item and I don't believe I ever will. Anything which the AH seems to have 'Eaten' just appears later on.
Bounty-Hunter Wrote:Anything which the AH seems to have 'Eaten' just appears later on.

Not to me :/ If I did it the wrong way, they never arrived. And I think I should have made this post earlier.
If you do run straight ahead to the mailbox and the items do not appear, teleport to another zone and try to use the mailbox there instead, without logging out and back in before you do. If you log, then the item's gone.

Either run to another zone, or exit the one you're in and go back in.
Azheron Wrote:
Bounty-Hunter Wrote:Anything which the AH seems to have 'Eaten' just appears later on.

Not to me :/ If I did it the wrong way, they never arrived. And I think I should have made this post earlier.

This is if you actually use your method, sometimes the item still seems to disappear but it comes back sometime later. Sorry for the confusion.
Bounty-Hunter Wrote:
Azheron Wrote:

This is if you actually use your method, sometimes the item still seems to disappear but it comes back sometime later. Sorry for the confusion.

Oh. FFFF-

I'm totally misunderstanding things today.

Anywhoo, edited Loxmardin's comment in teh post.
Also, if you are buying multiple items, buy them one at a time. Whenever I buyout more than one item before going to the mailbox, one of them ends up getting eaten by the AH.
warmonger Wrote:Also, if you are buying multiple items, buy them one at a time. Whenever I buyout more than one item before going to the mailbox, one of them ends up getting eaten by the AH.

This can be fixed with my "exit/re-enter" trick. Worked for me. <: