Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: BELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello. I'm thinking of making a Belf. Is it plausible that a belf could be severely emotionally abused and not be uppity and arrogant?

or should I make a draenei?
Hmmm. It's possible but this server already has masses of atypical Blood Elves from what I've seen. Perhaps try something different?

Just my thoughts :P

>.> Then again, Blood Elves irk me, so I may be a little biased. Tehehe.
I say go ahead and make the character, as long as you can justify it IC. People complain about Belves sometimes, but nobody can stop you from RPing the way you want as long as it makes sense and doesn't break the rules.

Good luck with the Belfin'! =P
hmm... what about if I make something nobody has used as of yet but probably everyone has thought of it. A robotic Forsaken. He's got reinforced steel bones, can't use magic, acts like a foreigner (no offense to anyone foreign) and can't eat or drink, he is solar powered. The Ic explanation is that he was killed and became forsaken. Then he submitted himself to the apothecaries testing because of the promise of invulnerability and they worked with some Goblins to create him.... He is afflicted with mild shortterm memory loss
shaman6991 Wrote:hmm... what about if I make something nobody has used as of yet but probably everyone has thought of it. A robotic Forsaken. He's got reinforced steel bones, can't use magic, acts like a foreigner (no offense to anyone foreign) and can't eat or drink, he is solar powered. The Ic explanation is that he was killed and became forsaken. Then he submitted himself to the apothecaries testing because of the promise of invulnerability and they worked with some Goblins to create him.... He is afflicted with mild shortterm memory loss
Maybe something else other than solar power, because as far as I know most of the forsaken lands are set in night. Unless he actually lives somewhere sunny...

It's a very interesting concept though.
shaman6991 Wrote:hmm... what about if I make something nobody has used as of yet but probably everyone has thought of it. A robotic Forsaken. He's got reinforced steel bones, can't use magic, acts like a foreigner (no offense to anyone foreign) and can't eat or drink, he is solar powered. The Ic explanation is that he was killed and became forsaken. Then he submitted himself to the apothecaries testing because of the promise of invulnerability and they worked with some Goblins to create him.... He is afflicted with mild shortterm memory loss

The robotic thing just seems kind of silly in my opinion. You can really do anything that fits lore, but were you to male a BElf that you truly wanted to be original, your average blood elf:

- Has a sad past due to the scourge destruction of silvermoon where both of his/her parents died.

(Yeah, a lot of people died in the destruction, but -everyone- uses it.)

- Hate everyone ever, and are incredibly arrogant, elitist, and rich.

(Seriously.)
Actually, i think CoTH has a strong standing agenst Robotic bodily replacements... Any GMs mind to correct me if im wrong?
medusa333 Wrote:Hmmm. It's possible but this server already has masses of atypical Blood Elves from what I've seen. Perhaps try something different?

Just my thoughts :P

>.> Then again, Blood Elves irk me, so I may be a little biased. Tehehe.

But you offered to teach mine! You have some compassion for Blood Elves!

She has a point though. I'd say that typically blood elf characters, including my own quite frankly, are quite diverse. They are a very popular race. Anyhow I'd say that as long as you have a plausible IC reason for it then go for it.
Wedny Wrote:Actually, i think CoTH has a strong standing agenst Robotic bodily replacements... Any GMs mind to correct me if im wrong?

Not true. Sebastien has a robotic hand. I know quite a few characters with robotic body replacements or robotic helpers.

However, unlike the real world, robots in WoW are generally made active by magic energy, usually arcane. Whereas robots in real life are powered by electricity, and want to kill John Connor and Adama.
And seeing as how your undead, as you said, cant use magic, that may prove hard to justify.
What's up with all the Belves? Q.Q
Well, My blood elf has the sad past, but he is surprisingly anything but arrogant and butt-holeish. I mean, he can be an asshole if someone provokes him, but he is generally rather.. docile.

Then again, the Light affects each person it touches differently.
Thar Wrote:What's up with all the Belves? Q.Q

Why so wary of the blood elves? They're just another playable race :B

Honestly, I don't mind blood elves. They aren't my style of race to play with, but it doesn't hurt me if others like it.
Draenei.
AM180 Wrote:
Wedny Wrote:Actually, i think CoTH has a strong standing agenst Robotic bodily replacements... Any GMs mind to correct me if im wrong?

Not true. Sebastien has a robotic hand. I know quite a few characters with robotic body replacements or robotic helpers.

However, unlike the real world, robots in WoW are generally made active by magic energy, usually arcane. Whereas robots in real life are powered by electricity, and want to kill John Connor and Adama.

Drakus has a robotic arm, Atun has a robotic finger...
Pages: 1 2