Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Checking Profiles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So; to all you players commenting on those profiles, please, please do it in PMs. The comments players make are mostly unsure suggestions, and posting the suggestion on the topic bumps it up, making it a longer time for GMs to check them for real. Unless it is something you are 110% sure of, it might annoy the creator of the profile to bump it up in the list of approved profiles.

So, my examples would be;

PM'd stuff:
FakeKretolsTeddy Wrote:I would suggest that you shouldn't have learned arcane magic at such a young age, because I think I saw somewhere that there's an age limit.

Posted Stuff
The President of the USA, HYAHYAHAYHYAAH Wrote:It's not allowed to have human characters under the age of 18.

And guys, remember, I'm not actually listing rules here. I'm just suggesting that you do this, to prevent any annoyment.
I second this, I also only post on profiles which are either 1st - 3rd on the list because any further down would only annoy someone. (When I post on profiles, that is.)
I love the used account names... they are awesome.

But yes, I definitely agree with this. And in some unusual cases, PMing will help spare a person's feelings (getting called out on some flaw you should have known better about or arguing on a profile thread both come to mind). It won't make people less inclined to fix their profiles. In fact, they are more inclined to be grateful that you used discretion.

In some cases, the bumping almost seems to be malicious. It happened once to me (when the character profile was a couple of places from the bottom.) And the post was an entirely unhelpful one. Definitely don't do this. People will get mad at you.

That's my two cents.
Etmosril Wrote:I love the used account names... they are awesome.

What? They are existant and completely valid account names, no judge!
But I like to judge.

Furthermore, so I won't be taking up space/derailing, it's also worth adding that in some special cases, it is justified to thread-bump.
I'm referring to the threads that need extensive renovation and negotiation with mods. Those can't just be fixed via PMs. It needs the feedback from players and mods alike, and it's hard to get a good discussion going unless there's a place to put it.
I agree with this motion.
My profile was bumped recently. But no worries. I can be very patient. :)
>.>... is it okay to not agree with this notion.
Cowssaymoo Wrote:>.>... is it okay to not agree with this notion.

... If you say a reason, I mean, just "not agreeing" is a tad bit... Ehh.

Why would you?

EDIT: Ehh. How stupidly frased.

Let's try again:

Of course it's... okay... Uhh.

Do you have reasons for it? C:

... EDIT 2!

Loxmardin Wrote:
'course it's okay to disagree. You're more than welcome to motivate why, however.

... just... this
I have some real examples myself, but meh.
'course it's okay to disagree. You're more than welcome to motivate why, however.
Oh, I didn't know if it was okay or not. Is it okay to respond from such feedbacks that are left on the profile, if only to correct a misconception on the character?
Well, here are some reasons I disagree...

It just seems like it'll lead to some confusing edits, people may not know what was changed [unless the person states why of course, and that might get tedious.] and why...

Also sometimes we can learn things from people pointing out mistakes in the profile, perhaps discuss it with each other and 'snuff, why not let other people see them?

*mumble mumble* Call me mean but I also like to see the critiques and comments on profiles... it, it's a passtime for meh.
Cowssaymoo Wrote:Well, here are some reasons I disagree...

It just seems like it'll lead to some confusing edits, people may not know what was changed [unless the person states why of course, and that might get tedious.] and why...

Also sometimes we can learn things from people pointing out mistakes in the profile, perhaps discuss it with each other and 'snuff, why not let other people see them?

*mumble mumble* Call me mean but I also like to see the critiques and comments on profiles... it, it's a passtime for meh.

... I don't see a reason to bump the profiles up because of discussing of a matter the player is unsure of.

And they would work just as well in PMs.
Yeah, and that sorta sucks if it delays having a GM check it out. I don't want to wait on my character because someone, as mentioned, is unsure in their suggestions.
Wuvvums Wrote:Yeah, and that sorta sucks if it delays having a GM check it out. I don't want to wait on my character because someone, as mentioned, is unsure in their suggestions.

Or misinterpretations. That's exactly the point to discuss in this topic.