Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Blood Knights: Alignment?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was working on my paladin's profile and I came upon the alignment section. I thought to myself, "Hm, paladins have to be 'Good' to be able to use their powers. But what if they stole the light?" If I am not mistaken they are no longer harvesting the Light but I find it hard to believe those who are not "Good" would suddenly lose their power. Are Blood Elf paladins, or as I like to call them, Blood Knights, restricted to "Good" Alignments?

The reason why I say "Good" is that different cultures perceive it differently. I could certainly work with that but I am just curious.
Actually, Blood Knights could be known to be quite cruel. So I don't see them limited to just good, but that is my opinion.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 1&pageNo=2

Edit: Added a link to a forum I found interesting. They discussed this same topic.

If I read it right, they can have any variety of alignments and personalities as regular people.
I'd expect them to be Lawful Evil, well most of them at that.
Haim Wrote:I'd expect them to be Lawful Evil, well most of them at that.

I disagree, they may be misguided, but not evil. It was seen as a necessary step to insure the race's survival. I do not feel Blood Knights can really be classified as any one disposition. They has as much a range as other classes. Their means may not be the best, but the end product was supposed to be worth it.
Lawful Neutral if you are a Blood Knight who bended the power to their will just because they wanted to become/remain a Paladin.

Lawful Good if you are a Blood Knight who only bended the power of light to their will because they wanted to help people.

Lawful Evil if they are mean, horrible people who bended the light to their will so they could use it's power for their own needs.

Blood Knights are usually Lawful, the rest depends on them.
As I'm sure everyone knows by now, Blood Knights no longer bend the Light to their will. I'm sure some still wield it in the same sense, such as a "Light is a weapon" kind of mentality. From what I've read on the subject, they still don't wield it in a traditional sense, however. Velen reignited the Sunwell with a shard of M'uru, making the new well a font of both Light and arcane energy. The general concensus is that Blood Knights now get their Light powers from the Sunwell, not from the faith system most paladins do. Given that, I think that leaves your allignment up to your discretion.

It's all speculation, of course, so take it as you will.
Point is, Blood Knight alignment -can- vary. They just have to think, in their mind, that they're doing the right thing. Else, like all paladins... they lose the Light.

A Paladin -can- do bad things so long as he thinks they're good. As long as he's convinced he's helping(Him/herself, the world, his race, etc.), they can and will be able to wield the Light.

Hence all the self-righteous zealots that can still wield it. They think they're doing the right thing. They truely believe it.

Thus... Just play your Blood Knight the way you want him. Mine's Neutral Good, but looks Lawful Good from the outside.

Edit: Actually a consensus shows that, while the Sunwell is overflowing with Light, they -do- work like all other Paladins. As Drakmian put it IC: "Without goodwill in your heart, you cannot wield the Light." I'm sure such a topic was broached before, and that I've read that they work exactly the same as everyone else... I may be wrong, though, as I am still... only human.