Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Bit of a problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My character Durgnon went into the Arathi Highlands due to a lot of RP there that I was told by Martellibus was just a bunch of fun. So I led Durgnon into Stromgarde and hung around for a while when I was approached by a gnome.

This gnome told Durgnon that his friend was in trouble with a couple of Dark Irons and needed help. Naturally, I thought, "a little adventure RP can't hurt." So I followed him, having no OOC knowledge of the situation.

When we met the human priest right next to the "dead" body of another human, the gnome started talking about fighting them, and I was just as confused as Durgnon was. The human priest then started giving some pseudo-dramatic speech, and a Death Knight came and "blocked the dwarf's exit."

I played along for a while until the situation got incomprehensible. I really didn't want to be part of this huge plot, so I had Durgnon make his bird squawk, signalling his ram to come. This was met by immediate discontent both IC and OOC from the gnome, priest, and Death Knight.

Then, I was reminded that the Death Knight has a hold over Durgnon and that Durgnon will probably die because two casters are locked onto him. I quickly notified them that they can't -actually- kill Durgnon because they'd need approval from both parties, and that I can have him leave at any time because I had no idea that this situation was going to pan out.

Then, the Death Knight told me he was talking to Rigley, so I had to stay and that it was OK.

I had to eat, so I left, but I'd like to clarify: If a group of four people wants to end your RP experience with a character just to further their plot, are they allowed to god it up? Thanks.
Well of course not... it is not their choice to kill your character only because they want to. You should have been warned OOCly about what it would all be about even before you accepted to join the Gnome. Yes, your character would not have any way of knowing what would happen, but unfortunately sometimes realism tends to lead to these kinds of things. Anyways, that's just my opinion...
Normally if you have a problem, you take it up with us in private. Next time, please do that.

But to be clear, here... if your character was in danger of being harmed, or you didn't wish to take part in this roleplay, there is -no reason whatsoever- anyone should stop you. ICly, sure, things could get rough, OOCly, they should understand it's not something you want a part of.

Part of good roleplay is for people to have an understanding of what's wanted OOC too. It is -your- character, you can have them act however you want.

Topic locked to prevent a bitching-out flame-fest. Any further questions should be posed to a GM, who will mediate. Preferably Cressy or I will be in game at some point to discuss this with you guys, in a calm, rational manner.

TL;DR, chill out guys, it's a game.