Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: shifty1`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, I'm a long time role-player with over 10 years experience. I greatly dislike forced PvP, but don't mind using it for role-play if needed. I enjoy paragraph based role-play (when appropriate) but dislike forum-based role-play. I'm happy to work on ideas, storylines and even some role-play on AIM or MSN if ever needed. I definitely do not enjoy OOC-drama so working with people through ooc-tells is always welcome when role-playing. Generally, I'm a cheerful person, enjoying chatting but I'm a little shy when first joining a new community but once I get some time to meet people (ICly or OOCly) then I usually have no problems just jumping in.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am in the United States and English is my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I joined a friend on retail in 2007 and recently started looking for private servers for a smaller community to get involved with for role-playing.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Honestly, I just did a search for private role-play servers for WoW and this was how I found you. There aren't many out there, to be honest (at least not that I've come across).

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm more comfortable in 1-on-1 role-play, but I can get into some group play if I'm comfortable enough.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I'll be the first to admit that I enjoy playing the pretty races (blood elf, night elf, humans) but I have a soft spot for trolls as well. My favorite class to play is the paladin followed by the hunter, both because they're easy to solo with.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Don't judge me and I wont judge you? That's about it, really. I don't know what to expect with a new server so for now I'm "just looking" and hopefully I fit in so I can hang around for a while.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I find that the rules are all well rounded, fair and appropriate for a role-playing server.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(( This is a bit from one of my old RP characters on retail who started as a hunter and I remade her as a mage. ))

“To be honest, I don't remember much of what happened. That's probably a good thing though, don't you think?” she asked, quietly.

Brushing some of the chestnut brown hair out of her face, he gaze shifted up as though looking to the sky as she tried to recall the memory of that day. The emotional pain was still there, a deep scar on her heart, that she could never quite recover from. Not only had she lost her feline companion, but she had lost her rogue lover as well.

“At the time, I was a huntress who had completed her training and was on a routine patrol in Shadowmoon Valley with Cheshire, my feline companion and Daspian, my lover. We were quite the team, the three of us.

“We had just left the Sanctum of the Stars and our path led us north to the Black Temple. At the bridge, we were to turn around and return. Perhaps we were too comfortable with the fact that it had been quiet for weeks and that was why we never saw the attack coming.

“We were ambushed. I vaguely remember seeing Daspian go down, then ... my memory is blank after that. Before I passed out from my injuries, I remember being filled with this strange energy and holding up my hand sending a blast out before me. Then nothing. When I woke, I had lost everything, even the ability to bond to a new companion.”

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nothing at the moment. Thank you for your consideration.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, please make sure to check out our Rules, Policies, FAQs, and Wiki. Also take a gander at our grammar and spelling guides and the level we expect here on the server.

And be sure to /join chat when you get in game!

<333

Cressy