Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Guilds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone.

I am thinking of starting up a guild. I am not going to go into the details, that isn't the point of this thread. What I would like to know, from people who have had their guilds fall apart, is WHY did their guilds fall apart? So maybe I can plan ahead to prevent such from happening.

-Michael
Some is like I said.

People got bored with it due to lack of events.
And some people were just leaving CotH all together.
Since joining I've seen the players of Conquest of the Horde go through different phases in which one interest or another is pursued. When I first joined it was thieves and gangs, then it was pirates, then it was Shadow-affiliated guilds, and after that elves (kal'dorei in particular). I've heard them called "flavor of the week" by other players. In other words, people join the guilds, they interact, they enjoy the roleplay, and then -- when something new and interesting comes out -- they join the bandwagon.

HownDoog is probably dead on in his explanation. The way to prevent a guild from becoming the current flavor is to ensure that there is always something going on that encourages people to be active within the guild. It places a heavy, heavy burden on the guild leader, unfortunately.