Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Raincaller`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, my name is Dalton, I'm 15, and I've been playing RPG's basically all of my life. When I was like, 7, my brother hooked me up into Ultima Online, and I've been playing MMO's ever since. From Diablo, (I'd like to think that's an MMO) to well, now I'm playing Allods Online. I like to get a long, I mean, I don't like drama, and I don't want to get too attached to people. I dunno, I'm just me. I can't really explain that anyother way.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from Minnesota, USA. I speak English, and nothing else.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My brothers brought home a new game when I was about 8, and lo and behold, it was Warcraft 3. Warcraft 3 was what really got me into Warcraft Lore. From buying books, to reading canon lore of the internet, I was hooked, lined, and sunk. When WoW was announced, it was like a dream come true. I could finally live in the World... of Warcraft. Nothing made me happier. And ever since, WoW's been like a good girlfriend to me, our relationship is on and off, but I always come crawling back.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Well, I have a few friends in my vent, and they've been playing a private server alot, so I just asked them about it, and it brought me here.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
My favorite kind of roleplay, is traveling Roleplay. I think the scenery of some places really brings into the ambience of some stories. Not to mention, you can do a lot with Traveling bands of men, like random encounters with beasts, story expansion, character introduction, and etc. etc.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite class is the tree-hugging Druid. Something about the power of an ancient tradition being brought into the real realm from the Emerald Dream is just... I dunno, mystifying. Everytime I shapeshift, I feel like I'm doing something long ago forgotten. My favorite race, though, are the innovative Gnomes. I love the gnomes, because they're the comic relief of the wartorn world they live in. Not to mention, with many of their inventions, the Alliance wouldn't be holding up against the Horde as well as they are. If only Gnomes could be something more... natural. T.T

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect this server to be much better then many other Private Servers that had RP. Because, well, this server is dedicated to RP.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I like the Naming Policy the most. I couldn't count on my hands how many good RP's have been ruined by some guy named "THUNDERHAXWTFBBQ" who had a pet named "THUNDERHAXWTFBBQ JR." and held both Blades of Azzinoth in his teeth.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The deserts of Kal'tha...
Never before have I trudged such a long distance, in such intense heat. It's been anywhere from a fortnight, to a year. The only thing I have to measure distance by is the unforgiving sun, and the cold, heartless moon, off in the sky. Both of my mules died long ago, I've used their hides as bed rolls, and left the just of my supplies behind, including food rations, and water. I've been surviving off of what the Natives call Devil-grass. It's a long red grass like plant, with a juicy bulb in the center. It tastes like plums and spices. They call it Devil-grass for the horrifying hallucinations that follow. So far, I've yet to experience anything, but it's bound to come sooner or later.

As I climb over the last hill, I see a notch cut out in the sand, like a wyrm had crawled through here. I clambered over, and stumbled into the ditch. The hole was atleast 8 feet deep, much larger then I presumed. I looked up, and saw the hole was turning, and squirming. It was if the hole was alive, and was moving like the wyrm. All of a sudden, I could see both sides of the hole lift up, as if someone was grabbing both sides, and touching the ends together like string. My allusion couldn't of been truer, for as I looked out, I could see a giant, oversized toddler. He looked like he was about 5, and wore nothing but trousers. He lifted the trail of the wyrm above his head, and swung it around like a lasso. I fell back into the dome-like hole, and was stuck to the side. As I felt the giant toddler let go, I felt myself slipping through the sides. As I looked behind myself, I saw nothing but a black abyss. In the distance, I could hear someone calling the phrase "Mister, some spare coin?" then, in another unidentfyiable language, that I somehow understood, "No spare coin for the sick." and as I fell deeper, I felt myself get caught by something. A world filled in around me, it was a hospital, and above me, was a sadistic looking beast. It was red, with a long black bear, and a thinning head. It's horn stretched out, and it had three eyes. On it's mouth was a surgical mask, and it was dressed in doctor's attire. It took off it's mask, and looked down at me, a sociopathic smile stretched across it's blood red face. "The surgery is all done, sire, you are no longer ... IT..." it began to cackle, as I looked down at myself. It looked like my normal body, under a smock. I lifted the piece of cloth, and almost puked. My legs were mangled, bloodied, and the bones were welded together in the middle, leaving the rest of my legs to dangle out wards. My torso had three holes in it, each with a different worm crawling out of it. As I looked at each worm, they turned to me, and smiled, before digging new holes into my torso. I screamed in pain, but all that came out was the sound of a baby cooing. I looked up to see that a large baby was sitting at the edge of my bed. It grabbed the welded bones of what was left of my legs, and lifted me up. It turned me around, and put my head, and upper body, in it's mouth. I could feel the lack of teeth clamping onto my body, while I was being cut off from the rest of the world. The baby's jaw broke my body in two parts, and I fell into the darkness that was the baby's throat.

I woke up screaming, I was back on the hill of Kal'tha. My camp was all set up, and it was day time. I looked to the side of my bed, and noticed the remains of Devil-grass, and started laughing. My cackles echoed in the valley. This land had finally gotten to me.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Welcome!

It's rare to find folks that actually enjoy the travel RP. Usually, most tend to just enjoy staying in one place, such as a tavern, arena, city, etc.
What do you think of Allods? My lackey, Grakor, initially got me into trying it when it was first put into beta in the US, but we both stopped when they introduced the FoD mechanic. Way too much of a penalty, and too obvious of a money-scraper.