Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Idiotfox02`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, I suppose I should give the basics first. My name is Raven, I am 17, I am half Native American, 1/4 Italian, and 1/4 Irish, and I live in the U.S. I enjoy reading, creative writing, drawing, graphic design, and soccer. As for music, i enjoy listening to techno/dance, punk, rock, Jrock, and Jpop.
I am a very friendly person, and almost always end up being friends with somebody once we start talking. Also,I love animals, and (this may sound weird) they love me. I can be walking down the street, pass somebody walking a dog, and have to stop because their dog comes over and starts nuzzling/licking/playing with me. It's kind of cool, :).
I am also very random at times. I can be talking with somebody, then stop in the middle of a sentence to tell them about a random thought :).

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
Oops. Already said above, but, I live in the US. I speak English as my primary language, but also speak some Spanish, Navajo, Japanese, and Swedish, and plan to start learning some French and German sometime soon.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
The first time i ever played World of Warcraft was at my friends house about 2 months before TBC came out. I rolled a tauren shaman on an RPPvP server, and was hooked on the RP aspect ever since, :p. After this, i went home, raided my bank, and bought WoW the next day .

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I decided on this server because
1. I couldn't afford retail WoW anymore, but still wanted to RP
2. This was the only WoW private server that showed as having RP in it

I found this server through one of the "Top 100" private server sights, and my jaw dropped when i saw that it had RP.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Hmm... Well, the kind of RP I enjoy depends on my mood most of the time, but, if made to choose one, I would have to say I enjoy the more relaxing guild/ small-mid sized group RP's to the larger ones. The main reason is because in groups that are too big, i tend to forget what one person said, or might miss a reply or think a reply meant for somebody else was meant for me. (Note- this applies both in and out of game... :P)

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
This is going to be a hard one to answer... I really have a hard time answering this one each time it is asked. Well, for race, i would have to say Tauren, Blood Elves, and Night Elves.
The reason I love the elves is because (sneak preview to favorite class!) as long as I can remember, I have loved Legolas from Lord of the Rings. To me, elves just are an amazing race. I can't really explain why, it's just an obsession, I guess.
As for tauren, i love them for their ties with the Native American culture. Since I was little, I've loved the Native culture, and when my mom told me I was half Native, I thought I was extremely cool for the next year or so.
Now for favorite class(es). I love playing as hunters, mages, druids, and priests.
Hunters because (as noted above) I have an obsession with elven rangers.
Mages because... well... It's just another obsession without reason.
Druids, because I love shape shifters almost as much as I love those elven rangers.
And finally, priests, because they can have so many different personalities RP-wise. EX: Evil, scarlet crusader, normal city-priest, battlefield medic... so many choices! ^_^

What are your expectations of this server?:
Honestly, all I'm hoping for is good RP. Rates, gear... none of it matters to me, as long as i just have a place where I can RP without bankrupting myself.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Honestly, i smiled when i saw the no godmodding rule. I'm sure you know how hectic blizz. servers can get with the godmodders, especially since they rarely are told to stop by the blizz. gm's.
I also like the rule about maturity. I really hope that this applies in RP-fights. You have no idea how many times on the blizz. realms I would win an RP-fight, and be called a "roll hacker", or be asked if we could make it "best 2/3" or however many it would take until their character would be the winner.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I am going to make this story right now, using things on my desk as inspiration! ^_^

One day, a man stumbled into a small ranching town called Sonnydell. He walked up to the general shop counter, called for help, then collapsed. He woke up hours later on a rocking chair, with the shopkeeper sitting across from him. When the shopkeeper saw him opening his eyes, he walked over to a counter, got a small cup and filled it with water. He brought it over to the man, and made him drink it. Once the man had swallowed all the water, the old man asked in a raspy voice "What's your name, boy?" The man looked up at the shopkeeper, and replied, "I am Hall Cherry. I have been wandering around for days looking for water. Could i have a little more?" After this the shopkeeper looked at the water barrel, and replied, "I'm sorry, but, no. This barrel is all I have left." Hall looked shocked after hearing this and began asking why. The shopkeeper shook his head and said "I'll tell you tomorrow. For now, get some rest." Hall nodded his head, and went back to sleep.

The next morning, the shopkeeper woke up Hall, and handed him a revolver. Hall blinked, and looked at the shopkeeper. "Why did you give me this?" he asked. The shopkeeper then sat down, and began to explain. "You see, there is a villian in these parts. He has taken over all the water holes, and makes us buy these barrels each week. Normally, in order to afford these, we have to give him our weekly earnings. Most of the town has died of starvation and dehydration already." After the shopkeeper said this, Hall notices just how thin the old shopkeeper was. "So... we have decided that you, being the only person healthy enough to survive out in this heat, will save our town!" After saying this, the old man smiled, and pushed Hall out the door before he had a chance to reply. Before Hall left, the old shopkeeper yelled to him "The villians name is Abe Black! Ask to become one of his bodyguards! He lives in the large house by the dried up river!" Hall sighed, then began following the riverbed.

An hour later, Hall found the house, and knocked on the door 3 times. He was greeted by a rather large man, who was bald, and had a scar on his left cheek. The man looked down at Hall and said "Hmm... you don't look to be a local... you must be here to become my new bodyguard, yes?" Hall stood frozen for a second, then, realizing he had just been spoken to replied, "Err, yes! I am here to become your bodyguard!" The man smirked, then let Hall into his home. He slammed the door, then spoke to Hall in a much harsher tone than before. "You are to follow the hallway on the left until you see the black door! THen, knock twice. A man with a large mustache will let you in. His name is Harry. He will supply you with everything you need to defend this place! He will then proceed to show you all the escape routes, secret rooms, and finally, the armory. Get going!" Hall just nodded, then followed the Hallway until he came to the door. He knocked twice, and was let in. Harry looked at Hall, then smirked, and locked the door. Hall looked at Harry and said "umm...sir... when do I get the materials I need..?" Harry stood up, and pulled out a revolver. "Dear boy, obviously you were sent here to kill me, where you not? Anybody that had come here to be a bodyguard and had not spoken to the locals would know that I am the true mastermind behind this water scheme!" Harry smirked. "But.... the man at the door...." Hall said in a feeble voice. "Ah, yes. HE is the bodyguard. He has been ordered to pretend to be me when you hero types come to do your work." Hall looked at his feet, and put his hands in his pockets. "That's right. You have already lost. Now, any last words?" Hall looked up, and smiled. "Only one." Hall grabbed the revolver, still in his pocket, and shot Harry in the chest. Harry looked down, not knowing what just happened. In a final struggle, he shot his gun at the door, just as his bodyguard entered. Abe was hit in the stomach. Then Abe, not knowing that his boss had been shot and that is why he missed, took his own gun and shot Harry. While all this was happening, Hall slipped out the door, and began searching for the rest of the water. When he found it, he marked the door, then went back into town.

When Hall finally returned, he ran to the town center, and rang a large bell. The people came out, and Hall yelled "Abe and Harry are dead! Follow me! I have your water!" The townsfolk began to cheer as Hall lead them to the mansion, and thanked him. Once there, Hall went to the room, and began bringing the water barrels out, one by one. The villagers thanked him, and, in return, offered Harry's mansion. Hall thanked them, but refused. He took one of the barrels and left the town after thanking the shopkeeper one last time. Many months later Hall heard that the town had erected a statue of him in the town center with a plaque on it that read "Hall Cherry: Hero of Sonnydell."

~FIN

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I hope that this works! And, sorry the story was so long... kind of just started and couldn't stop, xD If this doesn't get accepted, I would just like to say thanks for giving a chance, :)
Welcome!

I envy you and your handful of languages! Also, did you keep playing a shaman, or did you try the other classes when you got your own account?

Hope you enjoy your time here!
I tried other classes since the shaman wasn't on my account, but i did end up with a shaman as one of my first main characters... and, thanks, :)
Speaking swedish are we? Then you do know I have to test your skills...
*cackle*