Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: ANAKLETO`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, first of my real name is Mathew and I'm currently a sophomore in biochemistry. I am from Puerto Rico and not many people there know about real Rping game mostly because of the time you need to dedicate to it and the imagination required. In my case, I'm quind of the black sheep because of that.

My first time RPing was during my first year in collage with D&D ( yea, hardly any one knows about D&D were im from even though they sell the book and stuff at Border -.-) I've always wanted to play it and when I finally got to I loved it and the people I played with liked my character as well.

Before that, I tried RP in WOW and FF11 but apparently hardly anyone cared about it so I wasn't able to enjoy it as mush as I wanted plus I was very involve in high school activities and academics so I barely had time to play at all.

I'm also a Warhammer 40k fan. Like D&D, nobody knows about it in PR so I never actually played it in table top but Ive played the computer games and Ive read a couple of story lines such as the Gaunt's Ghost series and the Hourus Heresy series.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
As I mentioned, I'm from Puerto Rico. My first Language is Spanish but I've been speaking English for quite some time specially know that I'm studding in the US.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I first Started with Warcraft 3 and I loved it. The story line was just epic in my opinion. I was never able to get my hands on Warcraft 2 but I've tried to read the warcraft nobles to get a better perspective of the Warcraft universe and I simply loved it.

Ones WOW came out I started playing it and I really liked it but the RPing wasent taken to seriusly and I hardly had time to play because of academics and nobody I knew actually played WOW. Ironically, when I "dropped out" of of it everyone I knew started playing it -.-

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I was trying to get back in to WOW to see if RPing actually started getting more enthusiasm but that wasn't the case and I wasn't going to pay the monthly fee for something that I wasn't really enjoying the way I wanted to.

I looked online for privet servers and I found you guys and so far I've read good stuff about you guys so I think I'm sticking with you guys.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
So far the type I like the most is the action packed. when you do it alone you get focused on getting the job done and to pay attention to was going on in the game. In a group, no more than 4, every on tends to work together and help each other with their designated rolls and that is important in getting to know each other. However, time to let the plot develop is also important so that the game does not turn all monotonous

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
The race that I've always loved are the dwarfs. t be honest, the people I've RP with always tell me I look like dwarf. I'm not so short, but not that tall either. Im also quinde of harry and though so that adds of to the physical similarity. I honestly like that because dwarf are very warm in character although the characters I've played are always kind of the odd ball from the traditional dwarf personality.

My two favorite classes are rough and priest. Roughs are very sneaky and have a lot of tricks to take out the enemy from behind and fast. Priests can take care of them self an others and also cause quite a problem on the enemy because of its enfeebling spells.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I would like to learn a lot more from the Warcraft universe since I was never able to play for so long in the regular WOW server. I would also like to have a good time with other people and help each other out in getting a job done.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Tolerance and respect. There are so many people playing from different cultures and back grounds and, no offense, but this is only a game and it is meant to be enjoyed by your self and with other people no matter were your from.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Captured by a group of troll raiders during the second war, Deadblad lost his family and was taken away from his culture when he was only a dwarf child. He was kept as a prisoner to be used as a sacrifice for a ritual. The night the troll's ritual started the ritual a group of unknown mersenaries raided the troll encampment loosing one of their members, a night elf priestes, wail she attempted to save Deadblad from the terrible curse.

Deadblad survived but he never lost the scars and cursed tatoo on his back from that night. Not only did he loose his family and culture but ha skin turned almost dead pale and his eyes turned forever blood red. He hardly grew a beard and what littel hair he grew was hardly notisable do its almost transparent whit color.

Since he had no home or family, the mercenaries tried to take him back to other dwarfish communities but non accepted him because of his appearance that was considered an omen by the other dwarfs. The mercenaries kept him as an apprentice in the dogmas they fallowed; silence, discipline and perfection. He grew up with this dogmas as well as many others skill but the one that he excelled the most at was that of a priest. He was ones told the story of how he was saved from the trolls and that might be the possibility why he was so good at it.

He lived for many years with the merseneries and did many missions with them until one night in a forest they were ambushed by zombies. He tried saving his friends but they were taken by surprise and separated from each other in the head of battle that one by one they dropped and by the time he got them they were already dead.

Alone again and filled with anger for not being able to saved does that had given him life, his only family, he cast of on his own making his own journey to cleanse the land from the undead and regain his place with his kin dwarf.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Everything is good so far. I'll post something if anything comes up.
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, ANAKLETO! If you have any questions, please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

I find it humorous that Dungeons and Dragons is considered an underground hobby in other countries! I used to play somewhat consistently in college, but it's been many, many years since I've done so. I miss those good ol' days. And I adored Warhammer 40,000 when I was younger! I played with a number of kids in the community and so we each snagged a race. My eldest brother was Space Marines (specifically Ultramarines), my middle brother was Orks, the youngest was Tryranids, our best friend was Imperial Army, and I got stuck with the Eldar. As I recall, I made up my own craftworld and history.

If you can think up any questions, don't hesitate to ask!