Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Difahrint`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm a nineteen year-old working culinary professional and my name is Patricio, or quite simply Patty. Whatever deviation you prefer, I tend to work with it. As a player, my two most obvious hobbies are writing and video-gaming and what better way to combine the two in one single medium? Role-playing on WoW. I like to create conceptual ideas and from them I create characters or stories. A general premise and then I find it a lot more fun and easier, albeit to create a character. Always adding a bit of my personality to give it that "artist's mark". As a person, I'm an easy going person that loves to socialize with people. Meeting new people is another hobby of mine, I suppose...I'll even go out on dates out of boredom. Thus, it's a hobby. :3

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am originally from the Philippines, but I've been living in Canada since I was five, and speak only English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I was first given the Warcraft III: Battle Chest product as a gift from a family friend when it came out and since then I've been sinking into the story of Warcraft. It's a deep story with more original and interesting takes than any other fantasy universe, in my opinion. I've even played WoW since November '04 and continue to this day.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
A friend of mine mentioned this server in a recent conversation. When the words: "RP" and "Private Server" were placed adjacently with each other, I immediately bombarded her with these questions and here I am.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy coming together with other collaborative writers and creating a linear role-play story. Letting the subsequent sub-plots develop that any of the other characters have while still working around the main conflict and any themes we have decided to integrate. I do so on retail with Alliance and Horde guilds and love it!

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Ultimately I love the Orc Warrior. The Warcraft Orc isn't the common Orc, they're peaceful when can be and relentless in battle. This has been shown so many times and from the actual game perspective, they're the only race that has so much raw power translated. Every time my Orc gets hit or even hits, he GRUNTS! He doesn't just let out some painful groan, he grunts like a beast. The way they bring their ENTIRE body into the swing of a weapon from the heel of their back foot and bring that motion into the swing of their arm or hold their ground while bringing their shield high up for a block. The way they run and move, feels and looks so heavy. Bodies hunched over with a primitive look and fangs jutting out from each corner of their lip. I get worked up just typing about it! >w<

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect it to be a very high-standardized role-playing server. With people who can keep the writing banality and Mary Sues in Goldshire, but that might just be the elitist writer in me. I'm still open to helping others who need help if I'm accepted into this community, but I hope to find others that think like me from a writing perspective.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Establishing the role-playing standard. All the other rules are essentially common sense but people don't seem to understand the lore of Warcraft and think it's your regular universe. When it really isn't, after all Orcs are essentially aliens and Elves evolved from Trolls.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
“There are people who know me as Dardanus the Heart Doctor; Dardanus the artist; Dardanus the inventor; Dardanus the monster hunter. But the truth is: they don't really know me at all.”

Surrounded by enveloping shadows Dardanus stands still, clutching to his draped robes as his body shivers from fear. “All alone.” He thought to himself, crying out with a whimpering voice he stands his ground shouting, “Is anyone there?!” Nothing, his voice reverberates throughout the darkness. For a single lingering moment nothing remains and Dardanus is left to shiver in fear, thus was his greatest fear; to be alone, alone and isolated in darkness, vulnerable and left for anything to take him. Within those few brief seconds of soaking fear he heard a response, a rasping whisper scratching at his ear. Like a gale wind from a far, however, listening closely he can hear the wind carrying vaguely shaped words. Unable to decipher them he can only tell the wind is coming from behind him. He cautiously turns his head behind him and for a glimpsing moment a figure shapes before him from thin air and within a blink of an eye dissipates like ash to dust.
Dardanus cried out a howling shriek from the abrupt figure. Its image vaguely shaped in his mind of a disfigured woman in white. The wind with the figure soon fades away and Dardanus quickly runs in the opposite direction. The rasping whispers screaming louder and clearer as he runs, “Hush!” It repeatedly cries with a ghastly and imploring tone, seemingly to echo more aggressively after every word. At this point Dardanus' breathing had jolted and every brittle bone in his body felt a crippling shock from inside. He kept running until he found himself at the edge of it all. The edge of nothing, where the shadows pursued upon the horizon and upon looking down he could see the walls of what he was standing on stretching down further into more of the murky black! Here he stood thusly in a world of darkness and all alone.
Dardanus clutched his chest, feeling a searing pain stake and strike at his heart. He gasped with a gaping mouth, his air cut from an intangible force. His mouth quivers and shakes, trying to catch a breath while he claws at his throat hopelessly! “HUSH!” the haunting voice returned in one bellowing cry. Dardanus fell to embrace the ground and upon turning his head he could see the visage of a pale woman floating above him! The banshee floated with her white drapes hanging above the man like a cloud. Dardanus wanted to cry in pain but he could not while his body begged for air that he could not find in this world. The pale ghost slowly floats its way towards Dardanus, now crawling like a worm from a bird in agonizing pain. All alone, his body turns to stone while the ghost envelops his body and seeps deeper to pulverize his very soul, crying out one last time, “HUSH!” followed by a shriek reminding him the sound of death's arrival. Shattering his own nightmare and burning the word into his mind; waking Dardanus from his sleep.
~Dardanus Than'atos de'Viantios.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'd like to inquire more about the cross faction role-playing. I have a few ideas for some events if cross factions are able to party up together or even guild together. Less vaguely, I'd like to incorporate a RP-PvP medium for the server, pretty much Dire Maul's Crimson Ring and I'd like to explore the possibilities, if anything.
PS~ I'm really nervous about this. D:
Welcome to the server!

No need to be nervous, buddy. You've found your haven.
Difahrint Wrote:I'd like to inquire more about the cross faction role-playing. I have a few ideas for some events if cross factions are able to party up together or even guild together. Less vaguely, I'd like to incorporate a RP-PvP medium for the server, pretty much Dire Maul's Crimson Ring and I'd like to explore the possibilities, if anything.
Conquest of the Horde is unique (well, at least it's the first time I've seen it!) in that players from both factions are able to communicate with one another. Orcish and Common are considered universal languages and emotes can be seen by both sides automatically. As a result, there is a lot that occurs within the game that involves both factions simultaneously.

Combat-based roleplay is always very popular, whether it's against another player, another faction, or even a random group of mobs! Most of it is done using in-game dice rolls (/roll 50 or /roll 100), partially due to the fact that not all of the game mechanics work properly or consistently. So, if your eventual concepts include actual in-game PvP in the traditional sense, this may be something to keep in mind! We also encourage our members to organize events and get others involved; assistance from the staff is also usually provided.

Again, welcome to the server!

Difahrint Wrote:PS~ I'm really nervous about this. D:

D'awwww. That's endearing!
Very nice introduction. I am intrigued. I look forward to seeing you on the server.

Welcome.