Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: SilentPhantom`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hello. I'm English, 23 years old, working towards my dream of becoming a 3D animations/modelling artist. My hobbies include such things as Roleplaying (Including pen & paper tabletop, I play 3.5e D&D on weekends with friends!) gaming and writing. I'd love to have a real book published one day, ever since I started senior school I began to hone my literary skills in hope of someday becoming a respected writer.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born in England, with my one and only language being English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I remember buying the first Warcraft: Orcs and Humans RTS yeeeaars ago! It had quite a thick manual with some lore in it. I love the Warcraft lore, however I'm a bit rusty on recent WoW updates. I'll be sure to peruse the Wiki at some point after posting this.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I started on official Blizz RP servers some time ago. Unhappy with the quality of what I received from other players, I migrated to Lord of the Rings Online, where Roleplaying finesse and quality was overall a much more rewarding experience. However, it was costly to my student wallet and I kept to playing the odd weekly game of Dungeons and Dragons to satiate my roleplaying desire. After much deliberation about thinking if I could return to Lord of the Rings Online, I decided to try and see if I could find a World of Warcraft private RP server. One Google search later and, here I am!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I love character development. I spend quite a long time constructing motives and backstories for my own characters, and love to slowly share them through interaction with other players. Whether it's a haughty clash of swords between two warriors or a simple discussion over the tavern bar, I enjoy sharing and hearing of stories about other peoples characters.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I'll have to say Humans. I've been told they're the most boring, but I see them as the underdogs. Humans can fill all the roles; they are the most corruptible and therefore, atleast in my opinion, are the most flexible to try and develop with actions and experiences.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Well, I'd like to see tabletop level Roleplay, wherein OOC conflicts are kept to friendly with the least most conflicts possible, and IC to be rich and rewarding to Roleplay with other people of sufficient ability.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I think I'll have to choose Maturity. Roleplaying is a mature aspect of gaming, people have to be objective and understanding of all opinions involved to try and make sure everyone has a good time. In my own opinion, Roleplaying should be played for enjoyment, and never to win or outdo other players. Infact, I find that it is impossible to 'win' at Roleplaying. How can you reach the end? When you kill everyone else? When you're the most powerful? I don't think any of those reasons are good enough to try and Roleplay. It's about a group of friends sharing an experience crafted by a community.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(I'd like to experience the server atleast somewhat before committing myself to Gruntship!)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
No. I've found all information I require from either the Wiki or Stickies.
Welcome to the server!

Don't forget to tell us that story, though!