Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Barris`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
My handle is Barris. I've been playing World of Warcraft for about a year and a half. While I'm always eager to advance in level and be able to put a hurting on my enemies, I'm not the sort to do nothing but grind all day and churn out experience. Often times, I walk around the major cities or the various provinces just to be at ease. The latter, however, rarely unearths any sort of decent RP, despite the fact that all of my characters are on RP servers. This would be the first time I have ever gotten involved with a private RP server.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I live in the Capital District of New York, in the United States. My primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I had been a fan of the real-time strategy Warcraft games. However, despite that, I steadfastly avoided World of Warcraft for the longest time based on what I had seen it do to my friends. They were drones, only concerned about leveling, their gear score, how much DPS they were doing, etc. I didn't want to admit that there might actually be some FUN that was causing all this. In March 2009, my fiancee got into World of Warcraft, and so I got to actually SEE it for the first time. As she played, and as I watched her play, I could no longer deny that it looked fun. So I got the 10-day trial. I didn't even get through the first day of the trial before I decided that I needed the full game. The rest is history. My misconceptions and fears were put to rest and I've been able to enjoy an excellent gaming experience.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I had always been curious about private servers. I had always wondered how they work, how such things are even possible, and why Blizzard hadn't slapped the webmasters with lawsuits and whatnot. But I found myself needing RP. My WoW life had been in Moon Guard, the most populated RP server in the realm. But the attitudes of the people, the lack of maturity and respect, and just the overall feel made me look for something better. I decided to seek out a private server because the other RP realms were mostly dead and lacked RP of any sort. So after searching for private RP servers on Google, I came across Conquest of the Horde. After poking around a bit, I decided that I wanted to try my luck with this server. Why? For this thing I'm typing right now, this nice little screening process. It shows you want people to have a positive RP experience without having to deal with the "lol UMAD k lol" crowd.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm a very well-rounded sort when it comes to roleplay. My specialty is conversation, though I have been known to mix it up with the more action-oriented RP. I try to RP as much as I can, even when I'm by myself, walking along the road.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Humans are my favorite race, if only because I know their history better than most other races. With a human character, I can be versatile, set him or her from any walk of life and still manage to find an explanation as to why they're currently penniless and barely armed, standing outside the Northshire Abbey ready to dive back into the world. My second favorite would have to be the Forsaken, for the same reason, since they HAD been human and citizens of Lordaeron. As for class, Paladin, hands-down. I've an affinity for a melee class that can also heal itself. Paladin is the class I've had the most experience with (and which is the only level 80 I've ever had).

What are your expectations of this server?:
Well, the goal of all this is to have fun and to have a positive role-playing experience. With what I've seen thus far, I don't believe I'll be disappointed should I be accepted.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect, without a doubt. Respect means that you observe the rest of the rules on the page and follow them.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The Forsaken straightened slightly, his voice never changing from its nigh-monotone, givng no hint of emotion behind it, "A scouting party found the body of a man whose description matched the one you provided." Samuels explained.

The voice that came to the younger man's throat echoed a numbness that had long since taken hold of the rest of his body. He was just as much as Forsaken as any inhabitant of the Undercity, as much as he wished to deny it, as much as he wished to believe that he still had a soul. He asked the question, but knew the answer the moment the words passed his lips, "He was dead...?"

A nod confirmed it. "His was atop innumerable other bodies. They were being burned in a makeshift pyre outside of Hearthglen."

"Crusaders." It wasn't a question, and the bitterness was evident in his voice, just about the only emotion that seemed to manifest itself lately.

Deathstalker Samuels' hands slid behind his back, "It is possible that he tried to seek refuge there."

A hint of anger flashed across Barithorn's gaunt face, another emotion that seemed to show up lately. "He would seek safety with those lunatics before he would seek out his own son!?"

The Deathstalker merely shrugged, "A human would trust another human before he would trust a Forsaken. Your blood is red no longer, boy. The sooner you admit that to yourself, the easier it will become."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I think that's about it. I am hoping very much to be a part of this community. Thank you.
Welcome to the server!

Hope you enjoy your time here.
Much obliged, thank you very much.