Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Red`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm a bit of an ADD player. It's rare for me to sit still with just one character for too long, which might be the reason I'm not one of those hopeless WoW addicts you see in the news. I'll either become bored of leveling the same character and take a break, or I'll have a spark of imagination and make a new character. I'm an average gamer, not casual but not hardcore either.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born and raised in the United States. Obviously English is my first and only language. I'm thinking of taking up another language sometime, but I don't know what. Maybe Japanese.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
The first Warcraft game I played was Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, but it wasn't until The Frozen Throne that I fell in love with the series. So naturally I got WoW and loved it too.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I'm fairly new to the whole World of Warcraft roleplay scene. I just googled "World of Warcraft Private RP Server" and this website was at the top.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm too new to the roleplay scene to have a preference yet. But to me, sitting around in a tavern twiddling my thumbs sounds boring. If I roleplay, I want to do so in a crowded city or a vast forest as opposed to a smelly pub.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Trolls are my favorite. Their race is so rich in culture and back story that it's easy to immerse myself when I play as one. My favorite class... hard to pick, but I'd have to choose the Warrior. It's easier for me when I don't have to worry about stuff like mana.

What are your expectations of this server?:
As long as I can walk into Goldshire without getting swamped with requests to ero-roleplay with strange people, I can dig it.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Humility. I think more people who roleplay need to be aware of this rule.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
"This entire city must be purged." When Prince Arthas uttered these words outside the gates of Stratholme, I could feel my heart sink. I, just a lowly soldier under Captain Falric's command, listened intently between the brief but heated exchange between Arthas and Uther the Lightbringer. I could understand why Uther refused to obey Arthas's command. I sympathize with him. What happened that day in the city of Stratholme was unspeakable. So when Uther decided that there had to be another way to help the townsfolk, I almost believed him.

But deep down... deep in my mind, I knew there was no alternative. Even now, as I reflect upon it, I can see no other way. I fought under Prince Arthas as the Scourge besieged Hearthglen. I saw what had become of the townsfolk, and I knew the citizens of Stratholme would soon meet the same fate. Arthas knew what needed to be done. I think we all did... but Uther, he wasn't there. He couldn't have known. You had to be there to even believe it. But that didn't change the fact that those people were goners, and we had to make a choice -- stand by and let them turn into shambling corpses, or kill them and save them from a fate worse than death? Our intentions were pure... but that fact doesn't make the fact that we killed a lot of innocent people any easier to swallow.

Uther and the knights who were loyal to him left Arthas to his "madness". Jaina Proudmoore, the sorceress who accompanied us left as well. I don't blame her. She was a brilliant mage, but all the knowledge in the world couldn't hide the fact that she was gentle down at her core. That much was obvious to a hardened veteran like me - after brown-nosing to so many superiors, you start to recognize patterns in people's behaviors.

Once they left, the only ones left were Prince Arthas and those of us who were loyal to him and Lordaeron. After a brief speech to us who remained, he ordered the attack on Stratholme. He took a handful of adventurers with him as he chased after the dreadlord Mal'Ganis, and left the rest of us to lay the citizens of Stratholme to rest. And thus began the Culling... its vividly horrid images and sounds still haunt me, but the worst part was the smell. So much burning... it never leaves your nose.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
This seems like a promising community. I hope to get along with everyone here.
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Red! If you have any questions, please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

A lot of our members suffer from altitis. This can be both good and bad. Since we allow members the potential to have a number of accounts, this allows you to explore lots of different character concepts and personalities and histories and everything else that goes into a character! However, we do have some small restrictions in place that prevent people from continuously posting character profiles for the staff to approve. Hopefully you'll be able to select a small handful of characters with which you enjoy roleplaying consistently!

I personally have two accounts myself, though I do tend to focus on developing certain characters!