Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Paxxlorei`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
As an actual game player, I would describe myself as very judgemental and slightly TOO critical of games that are substandard. This being said, I believe myself to be different as a RPer. In RP games I work to facilitate all players included - everyone is important to the storyline.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I live in England at the present, having been born here; my primary language being English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into Warcraft through some friends after playing the dreaded Runescape. I found that the whole game was more "my thing" as it contained a lot more complexity and an enigmatic lore plot.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I stumbled across a partial-RP server a year or so back and I thoroughly enjoyed the diversity that private servers bring to WoW RP. After reminiscing with a friend I tapped the magic words into Google and up came this site.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I love most RP, including romantic plots. Overall, I have to say that my favourite setting would be one of a political stature as a diplomat or travelling guard. This kind of RP provides such flexibility to plot lines and character inclusion that it caters for every kind of RPer.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favourite race would be the High Elves. Their lore is so expansive and, frankly, believable; the traumatic and wicked past that surrounds the High Elves leaves any character you create open ended - whether they be a mana-thirsty Blood Elf or simply a diplomat between the Horde and Alliance. I also like the architect and item model design of the pale-skinned Elves... it's so light and creative.
My favourite class would be hard to choose. I don't have a definite class that I would choose over all others because I prefer the lore-based classes such as the Magisters and Blood Knights. If I had to choose one then it would probably be the Mage, especially the High Elf mage just because of it's incredible viability within WoW lore.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations of this server are that I will find a professional and quality server in which I can possible influence with my RP.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Humility - I think it important that EVERYONE has their place in a RP, whether it be small or large; they're all significant.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Work In Progress.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
No other queries.
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Paxxlorei! If you have any questions, please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

I'd be curious to learn by what standards you define a good game and a substandard one. I know that individual preferences can widely vary (particularly in the gaming industry!) but there is often some kind of common ground that can be reached.

I'll admit, too, that I chuckled a little when you mentioned that you enjoyed romantic-focused roleplay. I haven't done much of that myself; I've had one of my characters slowly develop a relationship with another person's character over the course of two years on retail, but that was about it. Perhaps you can snag one of my characters in one of your plots and we can see what sparks will fly! <winks>
I consider all RP that is, at the very least, entertaining to be a game worthwhile playing. I would only consider a RP substandard if it was very poorly played out.

About the romance plot, I used to dabble before WotLK - I haven't actually played out any stories like that since. It would be interesting to see how my new characters would fare. *cheeky smile*