Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: samonczuk`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hi
My name is Gnievomir. I ve been interested in role play games since I was a kid. I don't spend too much time with them right now, but still they remain my passion from childhood. It is important for me to play WOW as a rpg game, not an leveling up and items collecting sprint race.
Apart from role plays, main role in my life play martial arts, I am interested in all martial arts, I used to fight in MMA contests, right now Im just teaching and training Aikido, Shinkendo and Freefighting, also did a little bit of ju jitsu and thai box.
I have graduated from University with bachelor of arts degree (for now) in Russian language in business, I also speak english and little bit german.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from Poland, polish is my native language but I speak english as well.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I used to play Warcraft strategy game. Now I m just in need of good mmorpg which is something more than level up ride. I am sick of what happens on Diablo battlenet when people skip quests and just go for high levels in extra areas, I look for fun and true RPG, that's why I thought about WOW

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I read this is rp server - mean role play server. As I have written before I hope for good role play game here.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I prefer action role plays, however I do not like when role play turns into simple hack n slash. I like to work in teams, however I am not a kind of internet friendships maker. I like to chat a bit but generally I join groups to do quests not to talk.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Dark Elves. I don't know why. Due to my martial arts experience I rather resemble of a dwarf but elves were always kinda fascinating to me. Maybe it is because my first RPG character I made for game Warhammer, was an elf.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To have good fun, play fair, meet player who come to play or talk not to offend or disgrace others.
I hope for a server that will resemble of original WOW setup, I don't fany server in which you start with 85th level and full gear already.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I am not sure if I understand word appeals but I guess it means "like". If it is so, then I liked the rules about behaviour on forums and chats. Not to use rude words and to respect other players. This is nearly a standard rule for every server, but usually GMs don't care about what really happens.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Long long time ago in Middle ages, somewhere south of Poland lived a boy.
He was always poor, living in a village with evil father. His parent made him work on pig farm from dawn to late night every day. He fed him with porridge only once a day, so the boy had to eat same food as pigs he took care of. Furthermore he was constantly beaten by his father with no reason.
The only person that showed some kindness to him was his grandmother. She used to tell him tales of slavian monsters and mythologic creatures. This was the only reason why boy was happy to finish his daily work – going back home to listen some interesting story from his granny.
His granny used to tell him of an oath sometimes

“ My child, you are a good boy. Believe me that one day your life will be better. Long time ago I made an oath to someone, I can choose one person with which I will share biggest treasure ever. If you prove to me that you are patient person, the treasure will be yours.”

This was the only nice thing in little boy's life. Hearing fairy tales, myths and legends.
But after a story, he was supposed to go to bed. After waking up, he had to work tiresomely, eating porridge and pig's food. He had no friends, he didn't go to school as well. His father considered it a waste of time and of course he needed someone to take care of his farm.

Unfortunately one day grandmother has died. There was no treasure left. Boy knew that granny is telling her stories of a big treasure to him, only in order to support his hope and faith. Yet still, he knew that there is nothing left for him in this world. Spending all his life on a farm, with no perspectives for better tomorrow, not even a single stupid fairy tale to give him at least a bit o joy. He felt as if though world has collapsed around him… everything turned to gray, all voices became sad, grass was not that green anymore, everything was bad. Only thing he had since that moment was his hated father, enslaving him for his own wealth.

Soon after granny's death, boy decided not to go back home for night. He was always curious about the world outside the farm. He knew he can't run away as he had no food, no skills, nothing that could help him in the open world, yet still, he wanted to find out if grannys tales about mythical creatures, strigas, alps, bobolaks, basilisks living in the forest, waking up in the night are true.
So he headed for the forest.
It was silent, dark and cold. Only from time to time, he could hear some bird or wolf howling dangerously. He could feel his heart beating, his lungs pumping air like never before, his blood pulsing in his veins so strongly the they nearly popped out. He loved that! That excitement mixed with fear and curiosity, same when he was listening to his grandmother fairy tales.

The forest was unpleasant but interesting, dark but fascinating, hostile but inviting. Unfortunately with every step he took he was more and more realizing that it is more possible to meet a boar or a wolf than striga. When he decided to go back, suddenly a path showed to him. He didn't recall seeing that path before. What an excitement! Maybe there is something at the end of it. The path was very very old. It was grown with bushes and thick grass, very hostile and difficult to travel, but definitely it used to be path years ago.
Boy travelled the path. After two hours of tiresome walk, cutting through bushes and one meter high grass path came to an end. Kid noticed that he travelled barely 500 meters and that there is nothing at the end.
When he turned back and made a first stride towards home he heard something. It resembled of a whisper or mouse squeak. It was very silent, it came from somewhere over the ground.
“ A rat probably “ – thought to himself and made another step home
Then again a silent whisper reached his ear. This time it resembled of some cloth being pulled over the table. Each time he attempted to go back home whisper was coming back. Finally, boy managed to target the place it was coming from. Not far away he spotted a rock with a wide hole drilled in it by water. He was surprised he didn't notice it before. Kid moved towards the cave, whisper grew a bit stronger but still it was barely hearable. The entrance to that small cave was dark, cold air was coming from it. Everything was screaming in him : “there is nothing good inside that cave” but he kept walking towards it. Again heart beating, breathing, sweat, rushed pulse of the blood… excitement and fear! When he stood in front of the cave the whisper was quite clear. Maybe it was just a wind? Suddenly faint wood sounds were cracked by a terrible scream. A deep, heartsquizing howl ran through the woods making the boy tremble in fear and nearly running away. Howl resembled of a woman dying in pain, than of a wolf scrambling for help, then of thousand eagles diving down from the air on one single mouse. If seemed like it lasted forever, boy felt paralysed with fear and the only thing he wanted was that sound cut off. The howl slowly faded, leaving unpleasant echo in child's head. After a minute or two, boy calmed down and realized that it was just an owl reinforced with his own imagination. Very persuasive imagination…
It cost all his braveness but, but boy finally entered small, tiny hole and made his way to a tight space in the rock. The air inside was humid and smelly, it was cold and completely dark, and very very silent… It seemed like after entering the cave everything calmed down, all sounds faded away and forest stopped giving any voices. Just as if though all forest creatures, trees, wind, bushes, everything waited with anticipation for what is going to happen. The whisper as faint as it was appeared not be just a wind. This strange unidentified sound started turning into something that resembled of speech. Finally boy realized that this voice really is a whisper, faint, weak but terryfing as it sounded like dying man. Again, mixture of fear and excitement turned into a wish of being far away from this place…
“ You came… I knew you will” – whisper
Boy was way too terrified to run or answer
“ I know you are scarred, you must be, your father will wake up soon, he can't notice your absence “ – added a whisper and gasped weakly “ you must help me… I don't know if I will last one more day, please bring me something to eat “
“ You mean you are dying” – boy asked, surprised even to himself that he said it
‘' No… I will not die, I will not last, it is a bit too late to die for me, now go, I need rest, please bring me some food tomorrow night”

Boy felt that he can sense his legs again, as soon as he realized that he turned 180 and ran as fast as he could towards home, the only thing he heard behind was faint laughter of the whisper.
Once he got home he was so excited that he nearly felt like flying. Again mixture of fear and excitement, made him take his daily portion of porridge and take it to the cave. He decided to neglect his daily work today, he knew father doesn't pay any attention to him and that he won't notice him being out whole night. Besides, it was getting brighter already so the cave will not be that scarry right now.
Unfortunately once he reached the forest, he noticed that path is not there!
There was n path and the rock that used to be a cave was only a rock now without any entrance… was this just a dream? No definitely it wasn't a dream.
Left without choice, boy came back to his daily farm working. Nevertheless after nightfall, he decided to take some of the pig's food and try to reach the cave once more.
And there it was, a path as dirty and hostile as before, the cave as dark and cold as yesterday. With fear he entered the cave… and there it was, a whisper, a sound of old dry skin scratching against coffins wood turning into words… it wasn't a voice, it wasn't even a sound, it was something far beyond explanation.
“ I smell food” – said strange whisper and added “ I am weak, put the food on the floor and go, I know you have many questions, I will answer them in time, I need to rest now. Crawling from coffin to this cave cost me dearly. “
“ A COFFIN?”
“ Answers will come in time, along with reward if you want. You just have to help me, please bring some more food tomorrow, now go, I need rest”

Boy made his way home again. Full of wondering and doubts, scared and terrified by what he heared but anxious to learn more about whatever he met in that cave. He knew he definitely will come tomorrow, but he knew as well that won't be brave enough to ask about anything.

After one week of bringing pig's food to the cave, strange voice allowed the boy stay longer and longer, answering his questions, although the child never asked them.

“I know you have many questions, every answer has its own time to come. For now I can only tell you that you shouldn't think of WHAT I am but of WHO I am.” – faintly said strange whisper – “ Please keep bringing me food and you will learn more in time, I also remember about my promised reward. Now go, you need to rest before tomorrow”

Next night, boy came to the cave even more scared. He knew that today he will receive something for his assistance but he was wondering if he shouldn't tell someone about what he found. On the other hand, who could he tell about it? A father? Nothing good would come out of that. Only person that could be interested in it would be his granny, but she passed away and now boy was left alone with this mystery.

“Yes, again some food, good child, good.” – the whisper seemed to be a bit stronger, not so faint any more. Just as if though it was little louder. The words were spoken much more clearly, yet still it didn't resemble of regular human's whisper.
“ I am sorry that this is only porridge, but I can't get you anything else… maybe I should call for help for you?”
“ Oh no child, I don't need anybody's help but yours. What comes to the food you don't have to worry, I know you conditions” – calmly replied the whisper – “ you wonder how do I know this. Well let's say that I know you very well. I can't tell you more. You will learn your answers in time. Our lives are tests, an exam during which we need to learn answers, the point is to find out those answers before times run out, but if you make it to early it is not good too. At the very end of each other's exam there is a rewards appropriate to one's results. It's very complicated but you should understand in time”
“ I understand, like in school…”
“ Yes it s just like in school”
“ Actually I don't know much about school my father would never pay for it, he thinks it is a waste of time “ – suddenly fear in young hear has decreased… it was substituted by shame of being perceived as dumb village peasant
“ Your father is an imbecile and you are not stupid, you understand more than you know, you just do it through you heart not your brain. It's enough for now, bring me some food tomorrow as well and I will show you your reward”

Child left the cave. He didn't have to run anymore. After few days spent in that creepy cave with strange and scarry voice he got used to everything. He stopped being curious about many things. He never saw a person talking to him, he was always leaving food on the floor, he didn't need to know everything. Not that he didn't want to know, somehow he believed that everything will become clear in time.

Next night, he brought last portion of porridge to the cave.

“ I am sorry but there will be no more porridge. I am working very badly recently and father told me that now I will eat only pig's food if I behave like one of them.”
“ It's alright child” answered the voice. Different than before. It still resembled of silk cloth sliding down the rock, of a wind running between woods, but bit stronger, not so faint anymore, much more solid and firm. “ Today I will give you a reward, your reward is a trick! I will teach you how to move stealthly, and how to make others not see you. It won't be matter of your body movement though. Your heart, your spirit, your mind, your breathing, your glare, this things when combined properly can produce amazing effects… so listen now…”

Little kid had very flexible mind, he learned all his instructors teachings very quickly. On the next day, he used this so called “trick” to provide himself and his friend with some bread , potatoes and ham that normally were reserved only to child's father.

When boy travelled to the cave he noticed that there are not so many bushes on the path anymore. It seemed much more clear and comfortable although still looked forgotten and abandoned.

“ I brought you some food”
“Yes, good. I see that your new skills have proven useful. If you want, I can teach you more”
This words sounded unexpected. Child couldn't reply directly, this offer sounded evil and dangerous. Boy felt that now devil himself speaks to him and that if he agrees there will be no turning back.
The silence in tiny cave felt nearly heavy. It was uncomfortable, along with the darkness inside boy felt like being in labyrinth with no exit.
That silence… there was no sound, no whisper, no animal, no tree dared to make a single sound. They all anticipated, just like the first time, everything was listening to what is happening.
The whisper sounded creepy once more, just like at the first time
The cave, dark like night
the forest outside, gray like gravestone
the sounds, silent like dead person
the air, heavy and thick like spider's web
the voice shallow and unwelcoming
“ What say you?”
Boy being scared again felt the pressure on himself, he didn't know though who makes it… the voice? Or maybe it was the forest waiting for his answer right outside the cave.
“ Teach me then”
“ Good. You are learning fast, so from now on, I will show you more useful skills. First of them will allow you to immobilize living creatures. If you combine them with my previous lesson, you will be able to immobilize small critters. Once you master this skill bring me some small mammal. Don't kill it, I don't want you to take their lives. “
“ I do what you wish”
“ But beware!” – whisper echoed evilly. But echoed not from the cave walls, it echoed from the woods, just as if though the forest repeated these word in each single tree – “ do not try to use it on bigger animals or human beings. It can be fatal to you both, you are not experienced enough yet!”
“ I wll remember that”
“ Since you learn from me, you can call me mentor”
“ May I have a question? What do you need those animals for?”
“ First and foremost to teach you, rest of the truth is to be kept within me, you will know the answer after some time child”

Boy spent whole night learning and analyzing his mentor words. After getting back home, he neglected his work totally, he spent all the time trying to immobilize rats mouses and spiders running along pigs he was supposed to take care of.
After nightfall, boy went on to the forest. He managed to immobilize small squirrel and brought it to the cave. He travelled the path wondering about the fact that every night path becomes smoother and clearer, bushes were slowly disappearing, grass turned smaller. But something happened to the trees. Their twigs started to curl, they got grown with some black dry mesh. Leaves turned black as well, they were not dry but look as if though someone died them with black paint. When child was observing strange changes around the cave he nearly lost his mind out of fear. Before he reached the cave the very same whisper he used to talk with called him when he was still outside. It was firm, creepy and horrifying as always, but firm, strong and loud. It seemed it comes from everywhere, from trees, from grass, from clouds… just as if though thousand dried throats asked for a single drop of water.
“ Welcome child, what do you bring me”
“ Food and a small squirrel”
“ good. You don't need to enter the cave. Leave the animal at the entrance. I see you have mastered your skills quickly but before we can go on, you have to prove you can catch something bigger. Use all you talents and try to get me a rabbit.”

Next night he used stealth and caught two big foxes. Combining his skills made it so easy for him, that prey was unaware of his presence. He felt like being a real hunter.
He brought proudly his prey to the cave. And again the voice welcomed him before he reached the entrance.
“ My dear boy.” – the voice was stronger than before. Ground was shaking under its booming power. Boy was not afraid of it though, after dealing so easily with his prey he knew that it is power he is witnessing not a threat
“ My Dear boy, what do you bring me tonight”
“ Some food I stole from home and two big foxes”
“ Marvelous, you did better than I expected. Tomorrow, bring me something special and I will show you something very precious. It is nearly a treasure what you can learn tomorrow, please do not disappoint me.”
“ I won't my mentor”

Boy got back home excited and proud of himself. His mentor promises were always right, he never lied to him, never faked him. He knew that tomorrow night he will experience something great, but before he does he needs to surprise his master with something special.

Next day, after work, boy decided to hunt for a boar. He hoped that his skills will be enough for the challenge and that he will manage to find one. Unfortunately, his father spotted him leaving farm and going to the forest. Automatically, evil parent ran to the boy and gave him hard, painful blow right to the back of his little head.
Child fell down hard, hitting with his face against a rock. Boy could feel his nose crashing and blood coming in waves to his mouth. He felt dizzy, he was fainting. But his father didn't allow it. He sent him another mocking blow and boy woke up imedaitaly.
“ You son of a b***h! For days farm is neglected! Where do you think you are going? You were going to run away? Of course not, what would you do without me! You found some girl in the village eh? I know you did, instead of working you hang around with some whores! Where is that b***h! You impudent whelp, is this how you pay respect to your father who feeds you? You will eat those pig's shit till the end of your days you son of a b***h!”
“ No father no… please, you don't understand, let me explain!” – boy hasted with reply before another blow takes him out. – “ I found something in the woods, I think it might be a treasure of some kind, but it seems dangerous, I wanted to check it before I tell you” – he knew that he is way to dizzy after his father's hits to perform any of learned tricks, but there was a way out of this…
“ WHAT?! Who the hell do you think I am! You wanted the treasure for yourself! Take me there now”

Boy took his father do the cave. Path was clear and very visible, with no bushes or grass on it. Trees all around seemed higher but lifeless, dark and unfriendly. Twisted twigs were crawling with huge bugs feeding on dark mesh that grew the trunks. Grass under the trees was green, but very dark. Looked like rotten. The smell of wet wood filled their noses immediately. Suddenly the voice has spoken. Again different a bit from his previous form. It still sounded like a scratch of the needle on the grave, like a hawks talon clenching on a mouse, like cry of a babe thrown in to the water… but this time it sounded like female voice, and that has been recognized by little boy.
“ My dear boy, what do you bring me here?”
“ Who is this?” – screamed child's father terrified by the trembling caused by the voice. The voice that seemed to come from everywhere and echoing in every single leaf of the forest.
“ My dear boy, is there someone without you? Did you bring someone?”

“ No, it's just a food... granny…”
" I see you passed your last test my child"

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not for now I think.
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Gnievomir! If you have any questions, please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

samonczuk Wrote:Due to my martial arts experience I rather resemble of a dwarf but elves were always kinda fascinating to me.
I'm sorry. I suddenly had this image in my head of a burly, stout dwarf somersaulting through the air with nunchucks in hand and I started giggling. I think it's phenomenal to that you've pursued your hobby (passion?) to such an extent. I always wanted to learn martial arts myself as a kid, but we lacked the money to do so -- not to mention that my parents thought it inappropriate for me.

Just as a friendly reminder, you will need to return to this thread and either post a story or provide a link to one on these forums in the future if you wish to obtain the coveted Grunt rank. It is a requirement. I look forward to seeing what you will write!
Ofcourse the story will be written shortly.
By writing that I resemble of a dwarf I meant that I am rather short and strong than tall and smooth, nevertheless dwarf witch nunchako is quite an idea :)