Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: wangxiuming`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I have been roleplaying on and off through computer games for about 7 years. I was introduced to roleplaying through a RP server for Neverwinter Nights, and continued roleplaying on servers for the sequel, Neverwinter Nights 2. I enjoy immersing myself in a fantasy world and interacting with other people and characters.

I have tried roleplaying on official WoW RP servers in the past, but was disappointed with how much OOC dialogue and the general lack of enthusiasm for RP was actually on those servers. I'm hoping Conquest of the Horde will be more the experience I'm looking for.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born and raised in the United States. My primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My friend introduced me to Warcraft 2, the strategy game. I enjoyed the game very much and then purchased Warcraft 3. I was surprised that my favorite aspect of Warcraft 3 was the story; I found the lore and plot of the games were fascinating.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I searched in google for a private RP server, and Conquest of the Horde seemed to be the most promising.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like a little bit of everything to keep things fresh. I enjoy combat, action, and feeling a sense of friendship with other characters. I also enjoy playing

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I am partial to elves. I've always enjoyed roleplaying them in the past in different settings, and I'm interested to see the differences in playing them in a WoW setting.

My favorite class is the druid, for its adaptability and shapeshifting powers.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I hope to be able to roleplay with a group of mature, like-minded RP enthusiasts.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The rule of tolerance seems like it would best help to establish a great RP community. The no Godmoding, powergaming, or metagaming rules are also a big plus.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The birth of a Succubus

I remember the day I made the pact with my dark master. I didn't know who he was at the time, I was so naive - all I knew was a handsome man had asked me to the palace balcony. He opened my eyes to the world and whispered romantic secrets, forgotten legends in my ear - the stars themselves shown more brightly than ever that night. And when his lips touched mine, and our tongues danced together - I knew that I would forever be under his spell.

Or so I thought.

I left the court behind, and spent the next month together in complete bliss. We traveled the untrodden roads by day, taking what pleasures we could afford from the villages we passed through. By night, we made love. I thought the ecstasy would last forever; it was a whirlwind, a maelstrom of passion, and frenzy, and unbridled desire and satisfaction.

And then, when he had my heart trembling in his dark hands, my fate intertwined with his own, he revealed to me his true nature. A monster from the hells, a devil, a nightmare ... the horror I felt, the disgust, the revulsion.

... and yet, it was tempered with something I could not explain - desire, lust, love. He told me he was leaving me, that I could not follow; where he walked, only destruction was left in his wake. He held me in his arms in a final embrace, and cradled me like a babe. I could not resist, I could not stand to be apart from him. I pleaded with him, begged on my knees, crumpled to the floor in a pathetic heap, desperately holding onto his arm - as if that would have stopped him.

And it was then that he turned to me, and looked into my soul. Perhaps he saw something there that even I didn't realize was there at the time. He whispered in my ear ...

"There is something you can do ... something we can do ... to ensure we never have to be apart again. Never again."

Never again. Those words rang in my mind, reverberated, echoing into my soul. Never again would we be apart... I agreed without a second thought. Still wrapped in his embrace, I looked up to him. He brought a hand up to push back my hair, and leaned in to brush his lips lightly across mine - lingering after, and we just stared into each others' eyes.

I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen. He lifted a bloody claw to my eyes, and drew a crimson line from the top of my forehead, over my nose, down to my chin. All I could see were his eyes like fire, ablaze with intensity. And as I lost consciousness, waves of feeling washed over me. I knew I would be safe.

I woke up the next day ... and walked to the mirror. As I brushed my hair slowly, my eyes flashed a brilliant scarlet.

...and I smiled.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Wangxiuming! If you have any questions, please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

I, too, stumbled across Conquest of the Horde after becoming dejected with how roleplay servers are managed on retail. I've been a member of the Feathermoon roleplaying community since well before The Burning Crusade was announced and it's been painful watching the gradual shift from being a roleplaying server to instead being a conventional PvE server with members who roleplay.

While I still actively play on Feathermoon (raider, baby!), this server has filled the void that resulted from that lack of roleplay. Hopefully we'll fill your expectations and Conquest of the Horde will be the experience that you're looking for!