Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Question about Avatars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trying to make myself an Avatar like Sersay's for a while. I've had several different ones but none I make can meet the 39KB limit.. Sersay's is 49.5KBs but thats probably because she had hers up before you changed it or whatever.

What I'm really asking is if you could up the file size even a tad, because that is pretty small. I made one at 38KBs but it looks like my character is on drugs, he's rocking bad and forth so fast. >_< My best animation is 152 KB and I don't think that's really dire.. but if it is just say. A question/suggestion I suppose.

Then again, if anyone knows how I can get my avatar as my animated WoW character without making it look retarded and making it under 39KBs then tell me.. PLEASE!:P
I reckon I can be of service. I can just do it for you, but first upload the av you want somewhere, link it here, and I'll see if I can shrink it on down

Or, if you want to do it yourself, it probably has too many frames. If you don't have the latest photoshop or fireworks or flash, you can find a free gif animator somewhere and you can delete some non-key frames to get your file smaller.
All it is is my character breathing in the out. >_>

I tried turning down the frames down but it looked retarded fast. Like.. err.. as I stated above.
That's weird; I can't even get to the attachment.
Right Click > Save as?
I mean all I see is text; the attachment system isn't even giving me a link. I must not have permission to view attachments or something.

Try copying and pasting the URL you get for your attachment.
If it helps I can tell you that I see the picture.
I found the URL. I get a weird error:
Quote:You are not authorised to view, download or link from/to this site.
I don't have anything blocking this site, and it's not my firewall or ISP.

Oh well, I tried. If you really want help for it, just upload it to tinypic.com instead.
I tried accessing it directly as well, and get the same error. I can, however, see the attachment in the post.

At any rate, I bumped up the avatar limit to 100kb.
The reason I got mine to the right file size was because I uploaded mine into my photobucket album. Same with Jyoti.

As for the fast breathing.... yeaaaaah. Was haveing troble with that and im still borking around trying to get it to the right speed. I mostly end up makeing the animation too fast or too slow. :?
Sersay wanted me to post so Levi can see the Avatar she made me to compare the breathing. Zombie Troll!
I think I got lucky, the breathing seems ok enough... And GAH! I still need to get that background color darker! Or like... just give in and go to black or something. *Mumble grumble* Go go NPC skins though. :D
I'm not sure why, but GIF animations seem to be quite faster in Firefox than in IE (in which both Ser and MrWeasal's avatars 'breathe' at a normal pace).
I did not know that... thanks for that info Kret.