Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: spookydeville`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I've been playing WoW since launch. I've played on all server styles, and have been into role play since I was ten and picked up D&D with some friends. 17 Years later, i've played many different MMO's, table top RP games like Vampire and Warhammer. I've followed Warcraft for many years as well. I just finished school for Video Game Design and Development, and this would give me a unique look at an entirely RP MMO as the registered Blizzard RP servers have a tendency to be anything BUT RP.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
Ontario Canada, english is my first language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Having played Warcraft 3 extensively with friends online, when hearing of WoW's release at e3, we were ecstatic. Purchased and began playing on launch.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
my cousin nico(Watchmeburn) has recently started playing on your server. and i've been RPing with him for a few years now. Once he told me about this and how well run it is, i knew i had to try it.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I've done MANY different settings, characters and forms of role play, so i'm willing to try just about anything. I would think i enjoy the action and conflict between the horde and alliance the most

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Well, my first reaction is to say Undead Death Knight thanks to the addition of WotLK. as to WHY i would say that... i've been a zombie fan and probably fanatic since i was 5 and first saw Night of the Living Dead. And because of seeing that at such a young age, the ideals of zombies have become one of my favorite lores, but as well they have become one of my greatest fears. Therefore, i would love to play as the one thing i'm afraid of the most... A walking undead spreading plague and chaos in it's wake. (so, unholy DK would be my choice).

Having said that, until the release of WotLK, i was an undead Mage. and would love the opportunity to continue that.

so easily undead would be the race, and i would be hard pressed to choose between the two classes.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I want to really get into the RP world with people i would be able to enjoy it with. I also want to check out how the others manage to interact in an entirely RP setting. I would also like to be able to progress and level a character to be useful to my fellow horde members.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I think i like the fact that NOT rp'ing isn't really an option. the people that play here REALLY want to RP, and seriously, and therefore the level of commitment to the roles is much greater than that of a blizzard server.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
A story? Well, what better tale than that of young man growing up in Goldshire.
Our lives were simple, a happy family living in peace. We were seemingly forgotten by the wars between the Horde and Alliance that loomed around us. My Mother was a barmaid, slinging drinks to townies and war torn travelers for scraps of copper... my father... well, he was one of those travelers, and thus i never knew him. We couldn't afford much. In fact, we couldn't afford anything.
At first I lived with Mother in a small back room in the tavern that the owner let us use, but as i grew, it was clear i wasn't welcome. So, Mother shipped me off to the Church to begin Priest training.
The Clergy that ran the church were good men, who believed strongly in the ideals of the Alliance. "Our Men! GOOD MEN! Are dying in the fight with the unruly Horde. Who will tend to them if we do not!?" and other propaganda would be pounded into our heads daily. And i believed it. Every word. Many nights were spent in the library memorizing tomes and scripture, and many mornings spent listening to the Arch Bishop's preaching of the curse of the Orcs, and the plague of the Forsaken spreading through our lands. Beatings when the strict code of laws was not adhered, and rewards when you show true signs of devotion.
It was on the day of my 18th birthday that I was accepted into Shadow Priest training. A select group of us that not only showed the ability to learn and use magic, but how to use it beyond the use of healing. The magics of the mind control, and inflicting pain on those who stood in the path of the Alliance. It was grueling work, and the instructors were merciless, but those of who survived the process could feel an overwhelming energy growing within us. I also began working with the Church Alchemist, as we were all made to take up a profession to support our community. I enjoyed it, as the only time i had away from my cruel tutors was while i made excursions into the woods to collect herbs for my potions and experiments. 6 years were spent toiling away in potion labs and practicing our deadly new skills on captive orcs and assorted wild animals.
My 27th birthday. That's when it all changed. I remember it clear as crystal, because that was the first day i saw Lucia. She was beautiful... a stunning woman a year older than I. She was one of the greater disciples of the Holy magic training, and thus i was forbidden to speak with her. Conversation with myself would make her impure in the eyes of the clergy, and that only made me desire her more. the forbidden fruit. Lucia was also a herbalist. I later realized i saw her on more than one of my herb runs in the wilds, but always her beauty was veiled to me. But now i saw her in new light. a lust in my heart grew and i knew i must make contact with her.
I stalked her secretly. I memorized her comings and goings from classes, the front lines and her departures into the woods for silverleaf. I knew that was the time. The setting would be perfect, a chance meeting over a small plant next to the pond in the twilight. Our hands would meet, a touch, a glance, and she would be mine. I saw her that night.. she dismissed her escourts and insisted on taking her trip into the woods alone. This was it! my moment! i had little time to waste.
I bolted to my lab grabbed my herb bag and made a mad dash for the woods. My newly acquired talents allowed me to haunt silently behind her, blending effortlessly with the thick shadows cast by the trees and the setting sun. As she approached the pond, i noticed a rather exquisite peacebloom growing under a large pine tree by the waters edge. Surely she would see it as well, and this could be the moment we meet.
As Lucia approached the flower, i timed my movements perfectly.. we reached the plant at the same time, our fingers touched, our eyes met. I looked at her, smiling ever so slightly, and said "Please, allow me. A beautiful flower for a beautiful lady," and snatched the flower from it's earthen bed and handed it to her. The look of shock on her face seemed to be twisted into one of grief or sorrow... "Why have you done this?" she whispered... a single tear rolling down her cheek. "You have made me impure... my life's work for naught! The Clergy will cast me out if they were to hear of this..."
I tried to speak, but it was too late... I wasn't prepared. Her blade struck my chest and tore deep into my body. "No one must know..." She whispered as she lowered my body to the grass below us. Another tear on her cheek as she seemed to stare deeply into my soul. "I'm sorry." the words seemed float on the breeze as she pulled the blade out again, and vanished.
I was in shock... What just happened? How could a moment so beautiful have gone so wrong? ...So wrong... My hand lept to my chest. I could feel the blood pouring out, soaking my robes and staining the earth around me. Panic struck me and caused my body to shake violently as the light faded away. I went limp, and passed out.
When i awoke, i was being dragged by my foot across the forest floor. The pain was immense. A plague bear, clearly drawn by the scent of blood, had a firm grip on my right foot with his massive jaws and was taking me deeper into the wood. I was weak. I could feel my own heart struggling to beat, could hear the slowing rhythmic pounding in my head. I was bleeding badly from foot and chest.. i was sure i was going to die. The foot the bear was dragging me by began to burn as though lit on fire by some unknown source. the burning spread quickly up my leg and into my torso. I could feel it work it's way into all of my limbs causing a swift paralysis from muscle spasms. My brain began to feel as though it were boiling, i wanted to scream but had no ability to form words, or even move my lips. I stared blankly into the sky while the beast proceeded to tear large chunks of flesh from my legs and arms, gourging itself on my blood. What skin wasn't being torn off by the animal, i could feel withering from the disease festering inside me. Rotting on the bone, blistering and decaying. I remember thinking to myself, "Why me? Have I done something to anger the gods i struggled so hard to please? Was my devotion not enough?" A sense of anger flooded through me. I was betrayed by all i had come to trust. I was abandoned by those i loved.
As my last gargled breath oozed from my body, i felt an immense heat and saw a flash of light. The plagued bear had turned to cinder and ash and danced away in wind. A voice boomed out in the distance in a language we learned to fear as Gutterspeak. "We've got a fresh one here boys!"
I've no idea how long it was before i awoke, but when i did it was in a dark crypt dripping with rain water, and stinking of rotten flesh. I couldn't focus... my eyes burned. I could barely move, but managed to slowly ease myself to my feet. My thoughts seemed scattered and dreamlike. I tried to remember what had happened, but was returned only with blinding pain and searing sensation on what was left of my flesh. A massive wave of energy erupted from my body and shook the walls around me. A fine cloud of dust filled the room. I fell to my knees, trembling like a leaf, and tried to catch my breath. Flashes of memories from my Alchemy labs and magic training blazed through my head, each time leaving my mind feeling as though it were torn apart by barbs. More deadly waves of energy lept from my body and crashed the crypt with unimaginable force. Visions of Fire burning through Goldshire pierced my brain. I could see Lucia entombed in a casket fashioned of Ice, a look of horror strewn across her once beautiful face. Features frozen in time for the world to see her suffering. The towns people running, their bodies being blasted into a fine red mist by some unseen force. Tens of them at once, obliterated into nothingness. My mind snapped back to reality, and i was laying on the floor of the crypt shaking. Something had changed... I wasn't the same man i once was. I slowly crawled to the entrance of the tomb, where i was greeted by a ghoul dressed in garbs marked with the Arcane Eye. "Come young mage, " He sputtered through puss coated lips, "This is your new home. Deathknell."

((a undead mage's story, by spooky deville))

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
my story up above there is what i would use for background for an undead mage character. also, i need to pick an appropriate name. i have a few i go by, but was wondering, if i should be accepted, if there was any way to find out if certain names for characters are available? that'd be great.
thanks very much for your consideration.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, please make sure to check out our Rules, Policies, FAQs, and Wiki. Also take a gander at our grammar and spelling guides and the level we expect here on the server.

And be sure to /join chat when you get in game!

<333

Cressy

PS. Remember to capitalize your I's and the beginning of your sentences. :P