Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Muffinman`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I have been playing retail WoW for about 4 years now. The server that I am on is not an rp server, and as with most meta game servers it tends to get old. I have seen a good deal of this game from the meta gamer side. I've had my fun with it. But what I have noticed the most is that this game has so much unutilized RP potential. I play a weekly D&D game with friends, and I read Dragonlance and Forgotten realms. I would really like to become a part of an environment with kindred spirits, people who have idea's and can add to my immersion experience. And I also think that I have a pretty good imagination myself. I would love to feed off of others like me and in turn give them a thing or two to run with.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from the U.S.A. and my only language is english.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I was told by a friend of mine that there was a cool MMO that i should check out. I was an avid player of all the previous Warcraft RTS games and was really into the lore. I decided I would give it a shot. About 6 days in to my 10 day trial I had already bought a Battlechest.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
A close real life friend of mine told me about it. He himself had heard from someone else about the server wide RP and events that you guys do. As someone who has really been getting into the RP aspect of the game I decided I would try my luck with you guys. The fact that the register process is so rigorous excites me. I know that if I get onboard that I'll be around people dedicated to preserving the immersion of their characters.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I would say that I love the group mechanic. Characters with different abilities and strengths showing the others that they were a good choice as an adventuring companion. So I would say that the combat RP is my favorite. Though I do love the casual tavern atmosphere as well. It allows you to really enjoy the personality of each character. They get to just be themselves. Character quirks are another one of my favorite things.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Truth be told, I've always been an ally player. I like humans because I like to picture myself in the place of the adventurer. Whether I'm reading about Sturm Brightblade's heroic sacrifice at the High Clerist's Tower, or if I am sneaking thru the Deadmines infiltrating the Defias Brotherhood. I love rogues and paladins. I have been thinking of an idea for a Forsaken rogue for some time now. That would probably be my first choice if I am accepted to your server.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to fall in love. With a new story that I have the power to write. I want to interact with others and be a good addition to their tale as they make their own way thru Azeroth. Laughs, Love, Sadness and adventure are what I expect.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I like that RP is mandatory. It's very tough to strike up a conversation with someone named "Chunkymonkey", or the like. As an Rper on WoW, there is always that trepidation when approaching another player. You almost don't want to try. No one likes rejection, whether you can look the other person in the eye or not.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Artreri moved quickly and silently through Elwynn forest. His otherworldly eyes darting from each potential hiding place. He would have to make it there without incident. Any disturbance at all could alert his prey to his presence. He couldn't chance that. Not with the importance of this mission. For 5 years since his death and then resurrection at the hands of the Lich King Artreri hadn't needed food. He hadn't needed sleep or water. The only thing that kept him going was his pride. Pride that he was the best at what he did. As he closed in on the town of Goldshire he could see the lights of the inn. He could hear the laughter and merriment of the patrons inside. The smells from the kitchen wafted thru the air, into his decaying nostrils. He closed his hand over the pommel of the dirk he wore at his side. Soon it would be buried in the back of his target. The feel of the life leaving his spasming body vibrating through the hilt of the weapon, feeling as amazing to Artreri as his trysts with the many different farmers daughters he had carroused with in life. All of that was gone for him now. He "lived" only to kill.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I tried to shoot from the hip. I hope it was somewhat enjoyable. Thanks for your consideration.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, please make sure to check out our Rules, Policies, FAQs, and Wiki. Also take a gander at our grammar and spelling guides and the level we expect here on the server.

And be sure to /join chat when you get in game!

<333

Cressy