Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Weird Forum Goings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Forum is acting weird to both myself and my girlfriend (Dmitra). Whenever we type something in the forum, if it can scroll up or down, it will go all the way to the top and then back down in a second. Recently though, it's been going back to the top and staying there.

I didn't notice any other topics relating to this, so I felt it justified to make a new topic.

Does anyone have any fixes to this problem?
Yeah, it does that to me too. Don't know any solutions.
This used to happen to me too. What browser are you using? I switched from IE to Opera and the problem just disappeared. :/
I do use Internet Explorer...
Maybe it's something to do with IE and the server...

I'll use FireFox and see if it persists.

*EDIT* I guess it is just Internet Explorer. I used FireFox and it didn't jump at all.
Depending on which version of Internet Explorer they are using, people may be encountering problems -- and not just on any site, but many sites. There are a lot of "hacks" programmers and designers need to make in order to make a site function on different versions of Internet Explorer. Unfortunately, as designers embrace some of the newer coding that is (mostly) universal for newer browsers and as users upgrade browsers, they have decided to stop coding in these hacks. Particularly for Internet Explorer 6, which is universally disdained.

Position is Everything has an awesome article titled "Explorer Exposed!" that covers a lot of these problems, in case anyone is interested in seeing why programmers spend 80% of their debug time trying to make websites work for things like IE6.

To be fair, other browsers do have their quirks, too, but universally it's been IE that has causes the most problems for us.

Edit: On that note, I'd advise people to upgrade their browsers. Not only will it allow you to be able to (accurately) see more websites, but older versions of browsers (again, particularly Internet Explorer) tend to have vulnerabilities that get corrected in updated versions.
Indeed, browser means everything! Even death. You can tear your eyes out in rage.