Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Arghast`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well. I'm commonly known as Dott, but I have begun using "Arghast" as a sort of online forum registration name, seeing as "Dott" is often taken by someone else. You may call me whatever suits your fancy - Even Admiral Fancypants, if you like.

I'm known to be somewhat odd, often with weird comments being made about seemingly pointless things, and other times having a philosophic view on practically everything.

I'm a former poet, though my poems were shit.
I sometimes write stories, though those aren't very good either. Not in my opinion at least.

So, that's about it I think. A chaotic introduction about how weird I am.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from Denmark, so I'm Danish. My primary language is Danish, but I honestly prefer English above all else.

I'm only Danish in the sense that I was born here in Denmark. I honestly don't feel very national, patriotic or whatever else. I just live here.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Warcraft 3.
Good times.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I've tried a multitude of private RP servers (okay, two, but still. I've tried others.), and they mostly proved to be, pardon me, pure shit.
Stupid rules.
Stupid trolls.
Stupid GMs.
And so on and so forth. Everything that makes a server bad. I just hope this will be different.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'll adapt to whatever necessary. I consider making a Grunt, though. Always liked the warrior aspect they have.

So, I will go whatever I feel like for the moment.
If nothing else, I'll adapt to whatever is going on.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I have to admit - The Forsaken are actually among my favorite races in World of Warcraft so far. I only wish Necromancers were playable classes.

The irony in the Forsaken's existence is just lovable and pure awesome. They're undead fighting other undead with almost exactly the same weaponry. They have undead soldiers, they have abominations, they have catapults, they have meat wagons... The Scourge has almost the same arsenal, the only difference being the newer Scourge weapons. Like the Flesh Giant/Titan.

Sorry, I'm ranting now.
Forsaken are my favorite race, yes.
Possibly even Warlock, which just enhances the irony.
An undead demonic magic user who uses his powers to kill undead and demons.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect it to be at least a tiny bit better than the others.
As I said, I've tried some other servers. One was practically a bloody troll nest.

I can say, without joking, that I couldn't log onto the server just ONCE without being trolled.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The first one, actually. The one about respect:

"Be respectful. At all times. This is not optional. Show respect to your fellow players, regardless of their faction or affiliation."

Respect means a great deal to me. Not only toward Game Masters, but my fellow players as well.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Well, I suppose I could show you the very marvel of the WoW stories I have written.
This is the only one that has made it out of my head.

Kaltos was born into a proud family of Paladins, a heritage that he was supposed to take on himself, just like the others before him had done. He did train, but only for a very short time before declining this way of life. Hardly a pious man, Kaltos set out to forge his own destiny, rather than following in his father's footsteps.
Kaltos had already learned how to master swords, daggers, knives, spears - All manners of melee weapons. This trait of melee expertise quickly came to use along with the Alliance Expedition during the Second War. By now, Kaltos had joined up with a small mercenary force who had named themselves "The Legion", a name referring to their own arrogance. 200 men and women, who were claimed to have the strength of 1000 regular warriors - something they all firmly believed to be true.
In the end, The Legion mercenaries had been given numerous high-risk missions. Missions which they willingly accepted, believing themselves to be superior to the Orcish Horde. While they did prove to be greatly successful overall, their losses were still severe - often because they insisted on fighting, even after the mission had been completed.
Even before the Second War ended, and the Alliance Expedition was stuck in Outland, the mercenaries of The Legion had been all but wiped out by their own ignorant arrogance. "Death before dishonour," they said. "We'd rather die than flee from an enemy still standing!" So, one single mercenary travelled back through the Dark Portal, back to Azeroth. Kaltos Dawnstar was the sole survivor.
Kaltos then settled in southern Quel'thalas, where he lived a relatively peaceful life. He got by with his hunting for food and trading with bypassing caravans headed for Silvermoon or other settlements around Quel'thalas, and it seemed he would be able to live this way for quite a while to come.
It would not last, however. In his own words, "Everything must come to an end eventually..."
And they did come to an end. With Arthas' invasion of Quel'thalas, Kaltos was forced to seek shelter elsewhere. He fled into the mountains, away from Arthas' onslaught. He saw little action during this brief molestation of his homeland, and remained in his refuge till weeks after Arthas was gone and Kael had set away from Silvermoon.
When he returned, he found his fellow Elves working to rebuild their shattered homeland. Overcome with guilt and sorrow, Kaltos volunteered to aid in any way he could. And help he did.
Months later, after the City was repaired to the necessary extent, and life could once again go on, Kaltos learned of a new order within the City: the Blood Knights. Paladins who did not serve the Light, but rather had the Light serve them. Kaltos, intrigued, sought to join this new order of powerful Paladins, which was to become the first step on his road to damnation.
Kaltos quickly adapted to the ways of the Blood Knights, more than eager to learn more about harnessing the powers of the Light for his own odds and ends, and accepted any and all of the missions he was given by his superior Knights. Even those who included reconnaissance in what was now the Ghostlands.
It was here that he first met the man who would eventually become both his greatest mentor, best friend, but at the same time also his greatest enemy and nemesis.
A Draenei Mage known as Durogh Tempus.
Durogh and Kaltos were understandably hostile at first, even exchanging blows on occassion.
Over time, however, their hate dampened more and more - And Kaltos eventually learned that Durogh could speak Common as well as he himself, something which lead to communication and mutual understanding between the two.
Durogh spoke of a great cause. A mission for the greater good of all - One that would benefit the Kaltos as well. Even both the Horde and Alliance would be better off if Durogh could realise this plan of his.
He told Kaltos of a dream: Ishidar. An order, a gathering of all matters of races, regardless of faction or racial preferance. He spoke of the wonders they could cause - So much as ridding the Plaguelands of the undead filth that had infested them. Even Deatholme would perish before them.
Eventually, Kaltos inevitably swayed under Durogh's mighty words and agreed to join him.
His first task as Durogh's right hand was to gather followers among the members of the Horde, a faction the Blood Elves had allied themselves with. Durogh would do the same among the members of the Alliance. Together, the two men gathered a total of 1500 members from both the Horde and the Alliance. Then - Another 500 from various other races and factions, be they Gnolls, Ogres, Centaur or Furbolg.
The Ishidar, now with a total of 2000 men and women in their ranks, then marched into the Plaguelands. Here, they cut through the lesser Scourge settlements with great ease, eventually reaching the "Cursed City", Stratholme, and after taking out the ziggurats, they set up a base camp outside the city's gates. It was here that Durogh spoke to the collected forces of the Ishidari, once again speaking of the great wonders and miracles they could accomplish if only they stood together - If they abolished all factions and united under one banner! Peace through power, and power through unity. They were brothers and sisters, every single one of them, and they would never again stand alone - Be this on the battlefield or elsewhere.
And so, after the necessary preperations had been made, and the morale further boosted, Durogh and Kaltos lead the Ishidari warriors in an assault on Stratholme's gates. The gates themselves, greatly worn after all too long without being tended to, quickly fell, and the Ishidari warriors poured in through the front entrance, cutting down any and all undead creatures standing in their way. Despite heavy losses on both sides, the Ishidari still prevailed in all the initial battles against the shambling undead legions of Stratholme, and the day seemed to have already been won.
Untill they reached the Slaughterhouse, in which Baron Rivendare resided. Large numbers of abominations, and Rivendare's personal Blackguard, along with hordes of various lesser undead creatures were gathered on Slaughter Square, and Naxxramas loomed above.
Despite this, Durogh ordered a charge, clashing frontally with the last defenses of the Cursed City of Stratholme, and it seemed that they would be victorious - If not for the intervention of Naxxramas. From above, a mighty roar sounded, and those who looked up would behold a terrible sight: Sapphiron swooped down from above.
Simultaneously, with the Ishidari distracted by the Frost Wyrm and the gargoyles attacking from above, along with the undead hordes in front of them, the armies of Naxxramas poured out from the nearby gate, leading to the teleporter. This was the turning point of the battle for Stratholme.
Despite all their efforts, Durogh and Kaltos both agreed that the day was quite likely lost, so they fled the scene - A dishonourable thing to do, beyond measure.
Together with the few Ishidari who managed to realise what was going on, they scattered throughout the city.
In a small tavern on the other end of town, far away from the slaughter of yesterday, Durogh, Kaltos and a small number of Ishidari were hiding. Hiding, and working.
Durogh once again put his orating and magical abilities to use, convincing Kaltos that there was only one way to survive this - An ancient ritual practiced by the Tempus family's warriors. It would inevitably damn the one exposed to the ritual, but it would also turn him into a nigh-unstoppable killing machine.
With this, Durogh proceeded with carving the Seal of The Tempest into Kaltos' flesh.
No-one truly know what happened afterwards - But Kaltos was the only survivor of the Ishidari, the remaining 1999 either killed or turned undead.
Kaltos, broken, wounded and exhausted, let alone confused, eventually found his way back to Quel'thalas. He expected nothing more than a warm welcome and worried faces from his family when he came back home, wounded and battered as he was, and looked forward to simply lying down in a soft, Elven bed.
But it was not to be this way, for there had been sightings of Kaltos speaking with Durogh - a Draenei. A member of the Alliance, even, the Humans who had turned them down when Arthas attacked, which did not bode well for Kaltos.
He was expelled from Quel'thalas, put into exile and officially claimed an outlaw.
This was another turning point in Kaltos Dawnstar's life - For he would no longer be carrying the name of his old self. Instead, he gave himself the name Sir Scharr Ashblood, for his scars were many and his blood had become as black and dry as ash after the ritual Durogh had him go through. (Also the reason that he now ages as a Human)
He instead sought refuge in Orgrimmar, the capitol of the Horde.
It was here that he met Junka Blackscar, a large Orc who spoke to him about great power to be had. He merely had to submit to the will of his master: Sol Invictus, the Unconquerable Sun.
This short, yet hectic episode of Scharr's new life caused him to be more corrupt - More cruel, and less caring about others. This has lead many to question some of the things he have done throughout his life from that point on. Although the outcome was outstanding, and his goals were accomplished, there were always downsides. Friendly casualties, reckless fighting, civilians killed, hostages killed, and so on and so forth.
Scharr eventually broke free of Sol Invictus' will again, along with Junka Blackscar himself. The small order he had been part of, which Junka had been leading, was disbanded. Yet another turning point in Scharr's life.
From here on, Scharr went back to the life as a mercenary. He travelled, he looked for work, and he earned money and reputation. Eventually, he even journeyed through Outland, the now shattered world he had once fought with the Alliance to capture.
Draenor was merely a detour, however, for the true frontier he had sought soon came to him:
Northrend.
Sailing with the Hand of Vengeance to the Howling Fjord in Northrend, Scharr knew that he would soon enough be able to settle the grudges he had with the Scourge.
Sadly, this dream of vengeance he had would not be realised anytime soon, seeing as the Vrykul were blocking further way into Northrend from the Howling Fjord. So, in a forced situation as he was, Scharr agreed in helping the Hand of Vengenace in their conquest of the Howling Fjord, along with many other mercenaries who had come seeking fortune and fame.
Pushing further north, into the Grizzly hills, and eventually even further, reaching the area known as the Dragonblight, Scharr continued lending his aid to the highest bidder among the Horde settlements around his journeys, and fighting free of charge when the battle was taken to the Scourge, Scharr quickly earned himself the nickname "Scourgebane" due to his zealous, even fanatic devotion in fighting and utterly destroying the undead legions of the Lich King.
Even now, he continued surviving against all odds, having seen great battles such as taking part in the Battle for Undercity, and (unwillingly) spectating the events at Angrathar, the Wrathgate. The latter merely increased the vigor with which he fought the Scourge.
In the end, he finally saw his chance to settle the grudge with Arthas - The Argent Tournament, where he quickly and eagerly signed up. Previous encounters with the Argent Dawn and the Argent Crusade, and the reputation he had among the Crusaders as result of his own endless crusade against the Scourge, allowed him to sign up as an Argent Valiant, rather than a Valiant of Silvermoon - The City he was still banished from.
Although he finally reached the Tournament rank of Champion, he would never have the chance to be among the chosen few who would go into the Icecrown Citadel itself and fight Arthas at the Frozen Throne.
Before this could happen, Arthas decided to corrupt Scharr - Because although he was only one man, and hardly anything near as much of a threat as Tirion, he would be far easier to corrupt. So, he caused the final, inevitable step on Scharr's road to damnation, invading his mind and beswaying him to join the Scourge.
Scharr fell from grace, submitting to the will of the Lich King, believing Arthas' words, thinking that the Scourge could still prevail - Even more so if Scharr joined their ranks. All lies, yes, but Scharr never knew that before he was once again free of the influence of the Lich King.
While serving the Scourge, Scharr's powers with the Light were largely unchanged, with only one noticable difference in his abilities - They became corrupted. The once-great man who had sacrificed everything he had in order to fight the Scourge had now become one of them, and his holy powers (although gianed unrightfully, having their origins in the Blood Knight Order, despite the "Redemption" Lady Liadrin had them all go through) were corrupted by the shadow that had taken hold of his mind and body.
He had become a Dark Paladin.
It didn't last for long, however, for although he had fallen under the sway of the Lich King, the inevitable still happened: Arthas fell by the hand of Tirion and the Champions who ventured into Icecrown Citadel.
Freed by this sudden lack of control, Scharr broke away from the Scourge, and swore never again to ally himself with his nemesis - The undead Scourge.
Despite Bolvar Fordragon claiming the Crown of Domination, thus becoming the new Lich King with control of the shattered remnants of the Scourge, Scharr kept his will as his own.
Never again would he fall from grace. Never again would he fall at all.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I realise that this introduction has been a bit chaotic.
But that's just me. I tend to screw things over and add a bit of my own oddness to the whole thing.

Some may argue that this added oddness is like adding a tiny drop of Bailey's to a perfect drink, thus overpowering all the other tastes and ultimately fucking up the drink.
(I feel like an alcoholic every time I say that. I don't drink unless necessary, and even so I prefer not to.)

Others may believe that it just makes it all the more better.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, please make sure to check out our Rules, Policies, FAQs, and Wiki. Also take a gander at our grammar and spelling guides and the level we expect here on the server.

And be sure to /join chat when you get in game!

<333

Cressy

PS. Please remember we do have a policy on profanity and that we do not allow it on the forums or in any of our OOC channels.