Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Rayxe`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, my name is Rayxe, and i've been rping for a few good years now, with different communities. A couple of them were warcraft servers(much smaller ones.) Since then, a lot of my friends that used to play with me in those servers have moved on to games that i'm not quite fond of, so I stumbled upon this server, and i'm hoping it will be promising hehe. I've got a couple artistic talents... I've taken a lot of filming and video editing classes, and i'm a guitarist(Gerudo Valley on the guitar ftw!)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
California, USA. English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I've tried a couple different MMOs, but WoW stuck with me. I've been playing it off-and-on for a few years.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
For a while now i've not really been doing much on the computer, I miss rping, and seeing as I don't really have any other servers to go to, I just used google. =]

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
A range and blend of tavern roleplay, action - more or less whatever presents itself, i'll adapt to.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race would likely be either Troll or Tauren, and my favorite class would have to be Warrior, for its simplicity.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I just want to see a little rp is all =]

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I'm familiar with a lot of these rules, and you will not need to worry about me disobeying any of them, or overreacting in situations, ect.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
[This actually turned out a lot longer than I thought it would, hehe.]

Mucky was a standard murloc, living along the shore of Westfall with the rest of his tribe. Life was good - living off of crabs, fish, and the occasional foolish adventurer... until a certain son of a certain Stormwind Noble was devoured by said murlocs. A commision was sent out for the murlocs to be wiped out.

Mucky had been dwelling along the seafloor, searching for edible treasures, when the water turned to red. quickly surfacing, Mucky discovered to his horror, a pair of Human Knights has wiped out the majority of the murlocs and set fire to their huts. Those that had not been righteously destroyed had fled along either end of the coastline. Mucky swam, quicky, into the vast expanse of the ocean, conscious of his danger.

He was not sure how far out he had swam... he stopped and looked behind him, discovering that he could no longer see land. He dived down, finding that there appeared to be no end to the depths of the water in which he was swimming. He became frantic, but he had already lost his positioning, and no longer knew what direction he had been swimming. Mucky quickly tired himself out and passed out, floating at the top of the water like debri. The water grew colder as nighttime came, and suddenly, Mucky found himself in a net, jerked harshly out of the water and dumped onto the mast of a boat. Mucky blinked in and out of consciousness, spying the figures of several humans surrounding him, poking him as if to check if he were dead.

He awoke the next morning, bound at the feet by shackles attached to a wall, but hands free. A man was sitting at a table, watching him closely. His mouth opened and closed, and some strange pattern of speech arrived to mucky's ears, to which he made no reaction. The man picked up a bottle of ale and rolled it toward the murloc, and threw down a fish infront of him. Mucky immediately devoured the fish. He picked up the bottle, curiously, as he had seen them floating in the sea before, he ripped the cork out with his sharp incisors and spilled a little of the liquid out on the floor, sniffed it, and then guzzled the ale in the bottle. Several weeks passed on this boat. The air grew cold, and Mucky could see from out a window, snow falling. By this time, mucky had attained more understanding of human culture than most murlocs were thought capable - very basic understanding of the language, and a passive relationship had been built from being provided food by these sailors. Nearing the last week of this voyage, they even found it acceptable to remove Mucky from his bindings. He was first assigned simple tasks, such as cleaning the boat, or providing fish, but was then permitted to do more important assignments, such as navigation(You see, his agile form could climb any part of the boat with ease.)

This was another bright time in Mucky's life, but of course, that would come to an end. 'They' came when an eerie boat creeped from the mist of night. Mucky had been watching from the overlook at the top of the boat. When the boat creeped into sight, complete silence ensued. Only the creaking of the boat battling the calm ocean was heard, until a loud bang rung out from the other boat, and a crash - A harpoon lodged itself in the hull of the ship. The boat moaned as it was pulled toward the assailant.

A loud "Mrglglglglll!!" resounded along the boat, awakening the sailors who hadn't heard the harpoon. The boat drew nearer, and the ship leaned dangerously into the ocean. A bone-chilling mist drenched the boat, and pulled it deeper into their grasp. More harpoons. Hands turned up on the side of the boat - men, tangled in underwater foliage, and tinted green as if they had been accustomed to toil in the seas, took arms on the boat.

The battle was furious, and Mucky dove down and took hold of the sword of a fallen comrade, battling without fear. More Kvaldir crawled up onto the boat. Mucky then looked to the Harpoons, straining to pull the boat into the ocean. He quickly jumped to the side of the boat, slashing at the rope attached to the harpoon, gnawing at it at times. It snapped, and he quickly dislodged the others. The Kvaldir had nearly overtaken the boat, but Mucky fought on with the human survivors at his side. The mist thinned as they died, and after a long, bloody battle, a horn sounded from afar. The remaining Kvaldir fled, diving into the ocean and disappearing from sight.

The devastation from the fight was evident. Many of the sailors had been slain, most notably, the Captain of the ship. Such left the boat with no one but Mucky capable of piloting the vessel. The sailors halfheartedly agreed to allow the Murloc to take the helm.

Before long, they arrived in Howling Fjord, in Eastern Northrend, docking in the Alliance port of Valgarde. The greatly needed supplies were accepted with open hands by Valgarde. The sailors passed the stories of Mucky's heroics to the denizens of Valgarde, and his prestige grew greatly. The Captain of the Guard, discovering the ship's battle scars, and finding Mucky's apperant competence, quickly declared him the Captain of the Ship. When Mucky arrived in Stormwind several monthes later, he was awarded medals of service in the Stormwind Navy. Captain Mucky continued to command ships as they ventured to deliver needed supplies to the alliance ports in Northrend. A hundred more sea battles would be seen by Mucky - from pirates, to sea monsters, and Captain Mucky's heroics inspired many a legend.

Once, however... Mucky never returned from a voyage. Some say he was lost at sea... others say he was bested by some massive sea creature... but his name was never forgotten - and even now, stories and legends of his successes arise of Mucky the Seafaring Murloc.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope. I've read up on the rules, connection information, and i've obviously found my way up to the introduction section, so I think i've got it handled =]
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Rayxe! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Good ol' Gerudo Valley! That was one of my favorite songs from the Ocarina of Time; I remember spending some time with my character in that area just so that I could hear the music over and over and over again. Have you ever heard of Overclocked Remixes? It's one of the largest video game music remixing sites (and one of the longest lasting); they have a number of "Gerudo Valley" remixes of note!

And you'll see more than just "a little" roleplaying while on Conquest of the Horde. Every person that you encounter while in game has joined for one primary reason -- to roleplay!