Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Rai`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Not all that much to say, I enjoy creating make believe characters and have a fair bit of spare time so I thought I'd get back into WoW. Played on the FeatherMoon realm on the offical server for a few years but stopped about a year ago due to money and time shortages.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
Australia, South Australia if you want to get more exact. I only speak English since I am dislexic (Though that surprised most people now days) and have had a hard enough time learning the english language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My older brother got me an account for my... think it was my thirteenth birthday. He paid for it for about a year then I had to do it myself until a year ago when I gave up on paying for it.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
My younger sister plays Ragnarok Online and had me find her a private server so she could play for free, which got me thinking if there were private WoW servers. Seems kinda silly that I never thought about it before, so after an hour of searching through them on google and what not, CotH seemed to be the best RP server I could find.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm not entirely sure, I didn't really get into the whole RP aspect as I never truely played all that much, thus the quitting of paying for it. I'm not the best at improv and can be a bit of a slow reader/typer/thinker when getting stressed about keeping up with others. I'd imagin i'm better suited for slower RPs, such as the suggested relaxing tavern.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I've always had a soft spot for Druids and grew attached to my Night Elf on FeatherMoon, though I also equally enjoy Draenei Paladins and Tauren Shamens.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Don't really have any, just looking forward to playing WoW again and hopefully making some new friends (assuming I can find people up at my time).

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I quite like the role playing rule as I get rather irritated when someone doesn't even bother to brush up on the general history of a world before making a character to role play within it.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Ruko reflected on his current situation of hanging a score of feet in the air on a spear wedged between two cliff faces. Listening to his light hearted, easily excited, and guilable compion's retelling of a story about a missing girl. Sure his long night elf life did cause him to pitty the short lived lives of the other races, but this was not the best turn of events he had encounted. Looking down at the snapping and growling jaws of rather over sized wolves as they impatiently waited for him to fall. He had certainly been lacking in the commen sense today; trusting his compions retelling, desending into a cave within a forest the local's refused to tred due to the corruption spreading within, trusting a worn out and decayed looking wood and rope bridge. He counted himself lucky that he had managed to get his spear caught before he landed. He also counted himself lucky that it was only a pack of wolves and not giant spiders.

The wolves began to whimper and slowly backed away before turning and running into a small crack they had come through. Ruko's heart sank and he cranked his head to look up at the black and red spider scurrying down the wall he'd fallen down. Of course his luck was this bad, why else would the spear head of broken off while he tried to get the spear to wedge between the walls angling into each other. He used his full body weight to brake the spear in half and dropped the last twenty feet, hearing a splash as he landed in the shin high water.

The walls were rather closed in her as the cliff faces made a V shape as thet asended. He turned around and prepared to use the jagged ends of the broken spear to fend off the spider. That was, before the eye blinding light filled the cavern and he heard the spider scretch in pain. He closed his eyes and heard the spider quickly scurry away from the light.

"Ah ha!" Came the all to familir voice of his compion, "I told you the bridge looked unsterdy!"

"Well as it was the only way across this pit, It wasn't like we had a choice." He replied as his eyes adjusted to the light, his grinning human compion walking towards him from a well hidden passage he had missed from the dark. Zalakai was holding a glass sphere that he had filled with holy light, Ruko ponder where he learned to accomplish such a thing before sighing and looking around the cavern. "So were do we go now?" He asked, hoping the wolves wouldn't be back.

"I saw another passage on my way down here," Zalakai said as he motioned to the door behind him, "Only one way to find out where it goes!".

"Please reframe from being so enthusiastic about dark and monster filled caves." Ruko replied disheartedly at Zalakai's cheerful nature. His normal walking pass quickly turned into a full sprint as Zalakai quickly followed suit at the sound of rapid splashing water and half a dozen sharp barks.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Only thing to add, is that I am dyslexic so spelling mistakes or mixing words up will most likely occour if I'm having to rush to keep up with others as i'm not very good at being spontanies when pretending to be someone else.
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Rai! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

And, gasp! Feathermoon? Feathermoon? Feathermoon? I'm still on Feathermoon, though I go there more these days to fill my raiding needs than to actually roleplay. It's become significantly less roleplay-centric since all of those free transfer back in The Burning Crusade. What was your character's name and faction? We've got quite a few Feathermooners (Feathermoonites?) on Conquest of the Horde; maybe we'll recognize your name! Or maybe we even crossed paths before!

And we're fairly tolerant for quick and easy mistakes, so being dyslexic shouldn't be an issue at all. We do strive to maintain a minimum level of performance, but we all make mistakes. We're just happy that you joined us!