Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Renn0923`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
My name is Roy Knowlton. I am 25 years old and have been searching for proper role-playing games for years. After Rubies of Eventide got shut down, I tried world of Warcraft official servers. The game became too expensive, and "Trollers" ruled the RP servers.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from the United states of America. My primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
After Rubies of Eventide shut down, my friend Marth McGregor (Comet1223 on this server) Told me about World of Warcraft. I then played on the official servers for about a year. But just last month, I realized that World Of Warcraft wasn't worth 20 dollars every month.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Well, as I said in the last part, I noticed World of Warcraft official servers were far too expensive, and Marth decided to tell me about Conquest of the Horde.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like to usually do Tavern roleplays, as they are laid back and don't usually end up with idiots just getting annoyed over nothing and challenging everyone to duels, but if I find someone I enjoy role-playing with, I will to action and danger role-playing (to me this is consists of doing quests or exploring new areas with a friend actually speaking of it, rather than just party speech going "Okay, I need three feathers from the robot chickens")
I mostly just like more experienced role-players, rather than people just trying new things and decided role-playing sounded cool. This helps me keep this role-playing more fun.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I don't really have a favorite. Although, if I had to choose, it would likely be a Night-Elf Hunter or a Draenei Shaman because they are more laid back than warriors, and are able to combat, yet still seem in character if they aren't bragging about how much they kill. (I'm talking to you; Orc Warriors.)

What are your expectations of this server?:
Just that you try your best to keep Bots and "Trollers" out.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
This right here! The fact that you have to post a proper Forum introduction before people get to join the servers. I always thought something like that was proper in Rubies of Eventide role-play servers, Second Life role-play servers, and all the role-play things. It preserves the fun of Role-playing.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
This is the main back-story of my typical character: Aría, the Night Elf Huntress.

During the raising of the tree Nordrassil, Aría Renn was just a teenager, nearly oblivious to what was happening around her. However, once the Burning Legion once again invaded the Night Elves' home, her parents were killed. Furious, she had her priest father, Ilsanda, put holy enchantments on her mother's hunting arrows. Once the breath left Ilsanda, Aría scooped up the arrows and one by one, shot down nearly 50 burning legion soldiers. This made her more upset than ever. She absolutely hated the fact that rage had taken her over so much that she killed men for no reason other than vengeance. After turning down the offering of a position in the ranks of Kaldorei Warriors, she decided to become a huntress. She killed only beasts, and swore never to kill a sentient being such as humanoids ever again unless absolutely necessary. She has kept this promise all throughout the raising or Teldrassil, but decided maybe some deserve to die, once Teldrassil started to become corrupted. This has lead to her returning to Shadowglen and Starting on the Path of a true Kaldorei.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
This server seems really good. I hope you guys stay open for a very long time.
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Roy! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

I have to unfortunately agree with your assessment of Blizzard's roleplay servers. I've been a member of the Feathermoon US RP server since prior to the opening of the Ahn'Qiraj Gates and I've seen a gradual decline in roleplaying since the beginning of The Burning Crusade. As we grew slightly more prominent in raiding, the number of roleplayers has dwindled -- especially when they allowed for free transfers to newly create RP servers.

And the server really is very good, though I may be a bit biased! However I, too, hope that Conquest of the Horde will be around for a very long time!