Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Geekmart`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Greetings staff of "Conquest of the Horde". I present to you my self, My name is Martine Lafleur. I am 22 years old and I am a girl. I am a girl that enjoys roleplaying since a very long time ago. In fact I started to Roleplay on MSN chat when it used to be a big and popular community. I was part of a big msn groups dedicated to roleplaying. Then I moved to get more experience on Starcraft. And eventually I was doing it over Final Fantasy 11 online wich was great because people were friendly since the game play and the systeme was forcing player's to work together. I was part of the biggest and most hardcore Linkshell (What is similar to a Guild) On Shiva server, and it was funny because we also had Japaneses players with us so we were always working and avoid cornering the typing to make sure everyone understands each others. As for my own personality I am a person that likes to jumps into the action, in fact doing nothing bores me, so with the roleplaying I feel to ease and I actually into a good mood doing it because it is generally into action, moving, traveling, keeping up conversations. So into such worlds I am far from been a trouble maker. However the only issue I have on occasions is that sometimes I become too much deep into it and forget that its only for fun. Hope to catch ya'll on the field! ~Martine

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from France, In fact Marseille province. I am French by blood and was raised french. I have learned most my english by gaming and I do manage out very good. Over all the roleplaying years people did never really complained.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
After my Final Fantasy 11 online experience. Most roleplayers left for World of Warcraft when it was released wich killed Final Fantasy 11 for the roleplaying part. Knowing about Warcraft already and liking the lore from Warcraft Orc and Humans and Warcraft 2. I desided to go try Warcraft 3. I like the lore from campagns and Decided to go on World of Warcraft. From there I loged myself on Scarlet Crusade wich is a RP server and Roleplayed there and on Warcraft 3 on occasions for about 5 years.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Been very bored lately I've tried plenty of thing to find roleplaying. I like to play a game for the just the gameplay but there is always the need of a side and available Roleplay option. So via google I did find out about you guys did alot of reading about who you were and what you are doing as a team for the guests. I find it nice and I decided to make the move and come try a shot with you.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Mostly of everything. Depending of the situation. If my Characters faction is been threatened He will take actions to fight. If he's dueled he might take arms depending what are the causes. If he is with friends he will be either relaxing, taking conversation. I hate only staying into a Tavern because the crowds there are already too much relaxed. If my character wants to relaxes he will either meditates or train it's self along until a friend come see him or he get onto something that is eye catchy.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Orc Shaman. Following the lore the horde of wow is fantastic. Both good and Evil at same time a bit michevious and kind. A orc because they have an honor unlike many lores where orcs are involved. They may be barbaric and strategic too and they are actually big and they look worthy opponent, also they have a civilized culture on their own, they are able to work out with other races as they are able to take everything for their skins. The Shaman is because I've always found myself to be into it. It can be a support to the team as it can be the head of the team, A persone of the wild like the druids as they can find theirsleves into the front line. Both dark and light at same time, fits well outside a city too, A person they need its loner time too on the occasions. Most shaman have most unique personalities. Unlike warriors for an exemples who fight either for their own goal or the warchief, warriors generally have similars personalities.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Honestly I have none, I do hope I can find a suitable home for Roleplaying and spending time. I hope as well that I will be able to make friends and get into good roleplaying and get into actions with friends over time.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Tolerence. Because on MMO's I have been dealing alot and that I will point out, very often. People seems to hate frenches without even giving them any chances. So that is a point I like. I don't want to change the people but a little patience is always a reward. You don't know who you can discover when you play with!

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
There was a human group of two soldiers and a priest. The small expidition forces were sent to the north where the land was tainted to capture a Worgen alive. This was ordered by the Order of Mages after those did heard the rumours from explorers or so called survivors from the blight. So we have our group moving along and swiftly on the side of the main road to avoid catching the enemies eyes. As the horses stampeded goes, the background noise crushed by it, there was not to far some undead roaming around and cannibalising, they were a gang and they were armed warriors and rogues. As the main head of the undeads gang lifts the head he sights the horse that defiles quickly. The undead leader smacks one of his comrades and so the others stop their actions and takes sight on their leader wich points at humans through the trees. Meanwhile the humans arrives near a ravaged town, it was the dusk, but could they truely make the difference in this blighted forest ? So they enter the town and dismouts and head for the inn in hope to find information from the locals. The inn been locked the Priest orders the soldiers to force the door , so the soldiers together takes a few steps back and charges together with their shoulders into the door. So the group of humans breaks in, as they walk into the dark and sinister the tavern one of the soldiers says "We gotta leave this place, this town is a ghost town!" The priests shakes his head and makes the soldiers move in. Into the dark of the inn there is only a smell of death and rotting flesh, walking in further its where they got too far. Sinisters creatures groaring and starvings quickly lurks arounds the group. Tall beasts with red eyes like demons and wolves teeths. The priests goes to casts a light spell into hope of giving protection to him and his two companions, but as he moves he get pierced through his chest by claws, large and sharpes filled of his own blood and yells of pain! The two soldiers yells two as they suddenly gets massacred without being able of any actions. Meanwhile at the hills edge aboce the ghost town the undeads only hear the yells and dark noise comming from the town. The leader order his men to stand on place. "The fools...they have awaken them... Let's retreat to the Sepulcher at once!" So the undead leaves, knowing the humans were massacred.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nothing to say, however any comment recieved or critics would be appeciated! It's how one's can improve!
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Martin! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

I find it interesting to see how technology has changed the way that we roleplay. I first got started with the idea of roleplaying online as well, but at the time we relied extensively on mailing lists to send our "chapters" to one another. I remember that we were required to send a minimum of one post a month (my use of the word "chapter" was fairly accurate; they often spanned dozens of pages, which were collaborated on by numerous other members of the group!) and that each email was painstakingly hand-uploaded to a website. The good ol' days, eh?

Oh, goodness, and don't forget that we do this for fun! A lot of us take our efforts and creativity fairly seriously, but it's no use playing if you aren't going to have fun.