Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: CallMeMelissa`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hello, my name is Melissa. I have played World of Warcraft since Vanilla Wow (or Pre-TBC). I have GM'ed on 3 private servers and played on hundreds. Never Have I found a working RP server so I hope I can express my love for RP and WoW on this server. I am a girl and some people find that hard to understand, but we do play games ;D. I am a serious player with a huge sense of humor, I always follow the rules and I am as helpful as I can possibly be. For me, the most important thing on a private server is a functioning and friendly community.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from England, which as you may guess means that my primary language is English. (And google translator helps me with the rest :D )

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I was introduced to Warcraft by accident: A friend accidentally sent me a link that he meant to send to someone else, so I followed it, looked at WoW and fell in love. I play retail on and off but I prefer the freedom of private servers.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
It has take me years to go through the huge lists of private servers that the internet has to offer. But as soon as I saw the Role-play element in your server I knew that this server was going to be one I would love, and hopefully stay with.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I myself am very creative and I think that events in the role-play should come from the creative genius of the player, using the world that blizzard gave us as inspiration. I like all kinds of role-play from tavern to battle, and from minor to major. I am a strong believer of working for achievement for example: players should have experience and knowledge before they can progress to a more 'powerful' character (so that one cannot simply declare themselves the King of Stormwind, they must become known, loved, and powerful etc.)

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I love Rouges and Mages, maybe its a girl, thing but they are so elegant and graceful, the way rouges dance around their enemy and the grace of a glittering arcane shard twirling towards a foe.
As for race, again with the elegance, for alliance, Draenei, and for horde, Blood Elf.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To provide me with consistent and high quality Role-play and a loving, caring supporting and friendly community with a sense of humor.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Reading all your rules on role-play. I love your determination and dedication to keep this server working, clean and friendly. So which 'appeals' to me? I would have to say 'Tolerance' As a female player I have dealt with harassment before and I think it is an important issue to deal with.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Ramour flung his legs gracefully from his steed and walked slowly towards the edge of the cliff. He took of his leather boots and sat with his legs hanging off the edge, the cold northern wind brushing his feet. He looked down on dagger-cap bay, the villagers of Valgarde like ants. For three years Ramour had been the Minister of Valgarde, he had lived there his whole life and since a boy he was a hard, honest worker, from the age of thirteen he trained as a rouge and now, at the age of thirty-five he had almost mastered his art. Yet still something in his heart felt incomplete. He took some coppers from his pouch and tossed them down into the river, the sun glinting off them as they tumbled hundreds of feet downwards. He looked up at Utgarde Keep, a constant threat looming silently over his village, silent that was apart from the unpredictable bursts of flame, and the sky shattering screams of pain that haunted his villagers by night. Something had to be done, he stood up abruptly and started taking off his armor, no longer could he live with the burden of guilt for his villagers, every month people move away, most of them move to New Agmand, where Treasio, Ramours brother ruled, and with a harsh hand. He stood with his toes curled over the cliff edge, in nothing but his cloth under-clothes. He clenched his fist hard around his necklace, a token from his conquer of Shadowfang Keep as a boy. He closed his eyes and leant forwards, the wind whipped at his skin as he tumbled through the air. His hand still clenched on his necklace, he opens his eyes. The villagers heard the sound, the bone twisting crunch of man against wood. Ramour died the moment he hit the deck of the ship. It took the crew hours to removed the entrails of his twisted corpse from the splintering debris. The next day Valgarde was attacked my the inhabitants of Utgarde Keep. It was only through his death, that Ramour truly failed his villagers.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
By the way? Words like 'color' and 'armor' I would usually spell 'colour' and 'armour' but my spell checker is american and I have OCD a little bit and I cant stand that red wiggly line ;D

(p.s. Wow! ive been writing this introduction for 4 hours ;D)
Welcome to the server. I suggest you check out the wiki to get a good feel of the commune.
Thankyou very very much :wink:
I shall do that right now, i've been waiting for this to be put up all day haha =]
xx
Something Else: Ive just started reading the server lore, and im really getting stuck in. I love that this server is so creative to have its own lore and story. ;D
Okay, (Noob Question?)
Does this mean im approved? Initially or fully? Im a bit confused.

M xx
Nope, you still need to write a character profile! This is just an introduction ("The right to play on the server")
Aha! I thought so!
Okay So I need an approved character profile for every character I want? Okay!
And how will I know when that is approved?

M xx
Well not for all, you can still play on a character without having a profile.

Only thing is, when you wanna get to level 80 and get 2k gold, you need to have a character profile. Though I suggest you make a character profile before playing a character, since then you got your personality developped.
I suggest you make the profile -after- you have roleplayed the character. Also don't go dumping all your profiles at once. Other than the workshop, you're can only submit one profile per week.
Okay thankyou everyone!

M xx