Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: najra`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I like playing WoW, I used to play it when I was younger but disliked the pressures of PvP so I left. I recently felt the urge to come back and play, but to try out an RP server and get a feel for t

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
Ireland, English

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I was introduced by my friends

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I googled private wow rp servers and there you were!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy group roleplay, but also on my own. It would depend on how often I would log in (which I hope will be a lot) I enjoy the fun side to roleplay, such as taking up quirky jobs. If I was accepted I'd like to have such a job, like Bounty Hunter or something else along those lines.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I would say Night Elf, because they're very beautiful. My favourite class would be hunter, because you have the freedom to venture out on solo missions as well as group missions

What are your expectations of this server?:
To have a good time, meet new people, rekindle my love of the game, and maybe become a better roleplayer

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maturity. The internet lacks so much of it, and being able to speak in such a manner, even in character, would be a breath of fresh air.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The room smelled of bleach and whiskey. It was a shabby place, with white industrial paint on the walls and green linoleum covering the floor. The chairs they were sitting on were uncomfortable and unstable. If you leaned too far back, the rear legs would collapse, landing you painfully on your backside. Therefore everybody was sitting rigidly forward, with their heads bent. The atmosphere was not conducive to pouring your heart out.

Alan eyed the group nervously and stood. He cleared his throat and spoke.

"My name is Alan and I'm an non-alcoholic." The others smiled at him encouragingly.

" I've been an non-alcoholic for about 6 years. It started when I was in college. I suppose it was all the studying we were doing at the time. I would skip my drink at breakfast time, because I was late. Then later, I would not drink at lunchtime, then supper. Before long I would be sober for days at a time."

There was a collective intake of breath at that. one or two people in the group nodded, indicating that they had been there too. The group leader, Thomas, looked at Alan and said. "Go on Alan, no-one is here to judge." Alan gathered himself and plunged on.

" After college, it just got worse and worse. I was working in an office, always on deadlines, always working late. When I got home from work, I had the gym, dinner and a lot of other distractions. When I eventually got some time to myself, the last thing I wanted to do was open a bottle of beer or whiskey and drink it. I told myself it would be okay, I could make it up at the weekend. That was never enough though. Weekends were OK, I would get in my quota, feel as if I was normal. "

"By Friday however, I would be irritable, too serious and worrying too much about everything. It was starting to affect my relationships. My girlfriend, Sally, was always religious about getting in the proper amount of drink. She would always be tipsy bordering on drunk. I started to resent her for being so perfect. I would become surly and childish. on one occasion, after a row, I even poured her Scotch down the sink." Alan looked down at the floor ashamedly. Thomas gave him a reassuring pat on the shoulder and said "It's not all that bad, Alan, You obviously weren't thinking clearly. Carry on, you need to finish this."

Alan stood straighter and continued. "It all came to a head last Christmas. I was at my parents. They are very traditional. Each meal is accompanied by a drink, even to the old customs, beer with breakfast, vodka at supper. Anyway, it was late in the evening on Christmas day. All of the family had been drinking all day, and they were all fairly merry. I was still pretty sober, as I wasn't used to drinking much at this stage and so couldn't keep up. I was sitting in the corner, getting progressively angrier and depressed. "

"My uncle came over and offered me a brandy. I tried to refuse but he was really insistent. He wouldn't take no for an answer so I snapped and tried to push past him to leave. In his drunken state he fell over and broke his hip. My mother was horrified with my behaviour. She banished me from the house until I got help. When Sally found out she was furious and dumped me, said I was an inconsiderate monster. It was then I realised I had a problem. My doctor told me of this group, so here I am."

The rest of the group clapped as Alan sat down. Thomas stood and produced a bottle of whiskey, pouring one for Alan and one for himself. Alan thanked him and sank the whiskey in one go, grimacing at the sour taste. Thomas sipped at his and started to speak.

"Thank you Alan, for sharing your story with is. We can all learn a lesson from it. Non alcoholism can cause massive damage in a persons life. It can ruin relationships, wreck families. However bad it gets though, it is never too late to seek help for your non-alcoholism. Groups such as ours can help you get back to proper drinking with time. Remember that the government recommends at least five units of alcohol per day. If you cannot afford this, you can apply for an alcohol grant."

Thomas wobbled back to his chair, sat back heavily, then promptly fell in a heap as the chair collapsed underneath him.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, please make sure to check out our Rules, Policies, FAQs, and Wiki. Also take a gander at our grammar and spelling guides and the level we expect here on the server.

And be sure to /join chat when you get in game!

<333

Cressy