Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Xuantien`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm a guy aspiring to become an actor, and I'm using RP as a steeping stone. Of course, besides acting, I'm into anything I find interesting, one of which is the awesome feeling of making a character, giving them a story and finishing their life. I write short stories on the side...

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from Canada and I speak primarily english.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I was sitting on the bench at school at my grade 8 year and a kid came up to me and ask me "Do you wanna play World of Warcraft?" I said yes, played it, liked it.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I found you guys via recommendation from MasterSpark. He said it was a great RP server to check out.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy the slice of life, or great adventure type of RP. My previous RP experience includes being a secretary for a guild (In retail) and being a "Mage"

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Race, Human. Class Mage
I like the humans because I for one, is also a human, but I like the ability to become a farmer as them, or a great paladin. I should tell stories about me being an angry farmer, but that's another story.
I love the mage class because well... it's a fun class to play.

What are your expectations of this server?:
A friendly community. And if I get trolled, I expect an apology written out and sent to me via in game mailbox. (I jest)
But the friendly community part I'm serious about.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect
Because everyone deserves it.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
This is called Voice Messages
By Xuentien.

A girl wakes up one morning, with her hair messy and the sun's light shining into her room. She looks outside to see birds flying around, singing and circling around the sky. She gets dressed, takes her cell phone out of her cupboard and clips on her hairclip.. Her mother walks up to her and hugs her.
“What would you like for breakfast?”
“Anything is fine,” the girl replied.

Her mother nods, and leaves to make waffles. The girl pulls out the cell phone from her pocket and dials in “six” as the quick dial number. The voice message system picks up.
“This is James. Sorry, but I can't come to the phone right now, please leave a message at the beep. I'll get back to you as soon as possible, I promise.” The voice message system leaves a beep.
“Hi James, it's me again! Are you feeling better? Look, I was thinking we should go hang out again, I'll be waiting outside the same place as always!”
She hangs up the phone, and her mother comes in with the fresh waffles.
“Is James still sick? It's been four days, are you sure he's taking his medicine?”
“Of course, I make sure of it every day! I gotta run!”
She grabs one of the fresh waffles and rushes towards the door.
“Bye Mom, I promise I'll be home before ten!” She yells before running out the door.

Rushing out the door, pass the fences, carelessly leaving them open. She continues to rush down to the “same place as always”. Cars pass by her and stop at a red light. She slows down and waits for the light to change green, as she hears the voices of children playing, and birds singing. The radio talks about a boy who's been missing for four days after a car accident, the 2012 apocalypse theories, the massive oil spill in the gulf of Mexico, three people hosting the morning show and a wide assortment of hip-hop, rock and jazz music. The lights change and she looks both ways before crossing. She inches out of a small area full of houses and makes her way into the more developed area of the city, full of stores, and apartment buildings reaching over twenty stories high.

She walks by a rather old store, full of antiques and things that might fit perfectly as a gift. She walks in, hoping to find something nice.
“Can I help you?” the shop clerk asks.
“Hello,” she replies, “My boyfriend is a bit sick, I was thinking about giving him a gift today.”
“Young lady, you're the one who should be receiving gifts!” the clerk laughs, “Not the other way around.”
“Well, he's been bedridden for a while, but I think he's getting better. I just need something to greet him with!”
“Well, when someone gets better, they'd like to see a card, maybe some flowers.”
“Do you have flowers here?”
“Only fake ones my dear, but how about this, tell me a little about this boy, and
I'll help you pick something out.”
“Well, he's the type to take me to romantic movies, and he drives his mom's car.”
“His mother's car? That's a bit sad isn't it?”
“Of course not! He's kindhearted, he said that driving was too dangerous but he learned anyways! And he did it all just for me!”
“I see, so then wouldn't that'd mean that on the inside, this boy here would be scared to death of driving?”
“Maybe.” the girl mumbles, as if she was hiding her shame.
“Look, he ain't hurt yet right? You just said he was sick!” the clerk laughed, “Look, why don't you get him something like a pair of rings, and say something sweet
like ‘It'll always protect you' or something. He seems like the type to appreciate it.”
“How much for the rings then?” the girl asks.
“Well, if you want him to feel special, I say get him a pair of silver rings. Silver has been considered as something holy, so if you're a religious person, then I say go with the silver rings. If not, you can always go jade, or maybe even go for a ring that matches his birthstone.”
“I'll go with the silver ones.”
“Alright, just for you, I'll make it a deal.”

She pays with a bill and the clerk gives her the rings. The girl rushes outside, pulls out her cell phone and quick dials James again. There are two rings.
“This is James. Sorry, but I can't come to the phone right now, please leave a message at the beep. I'll get back to you as soon as possible, I promise.”
She hangs up the phone, satisfied to have heard his voice. She walks off to the “usual spot”. The girl walks across the street, tightly holding the rings she bought.

The sun is shining brightly in the clear day, as the girl waits on the bench for her lover to show up. She plays with the rings she just bought to pass the time. She picks up her phone once again and dialed James's number.
“This is James. Sorry, but I can't come to the phone right now, please leave a message at the beep. I'll get back to you as soon as possible, I promise.”
She hangs up and smiles, hoping that he'll show up soon. She kicks her legs back and forth childishly as she waits. People pass by staring, seeing how she hasn't move from the bench for hours. She opens her cell phone to look at the time. It's now seven P.M. and her boyfriend is nowhere in sight. Calling again,
She hangs up the phone again, and gets up, pacing back and forth, worrying about what may have happened to him.
“What if he got hurt on the way here?” she mumbles, “It'd be all my fault!”
She opens her phone again and calls him once more.
“Pick up please…” she hopes, as the phone rings.
“This is James. Sorry, but I can't come to the phone right now, please leave a message at the…” the phone repeats, but is interrupted by the girl closing her phone.

Now frustrated, she walks off to the streets, looking around. Ahead, she sees ambulance and police cars. She rushes forward, to find a car accident. She looks around, hoping not to see James' body. After several minutes in the chaos, the girl realizes that no one she knew was harmed and sighs in relief.
“He isn't here, thank goodness…”
She opens her phone again, it's now 8P.M. and there still wasn't a response from James. She quick dials his number, waiting…

She leaves the crash sight and heads home, but she wasn't heading home, she was just going in the general direction, back to the suburbs. Passing by the houses, she walks down the alley ways full of suspicious people. They won't bother with the wandering girl, they've seen her before, and knew something was wrong. She walks up to the fence, but not her fence, but it was a fence to a house that wasn't hers. It was a house with newspapers piling up and an unchecked mailbox. She walked up to the door and opened it with her own set of keys. Walking in, the girl looked around seeing an empty house, and takes a sniff.
“It smells bad…” she mumbles.
Slowly, the girl walks up the stairs with flies and insects flying and running past her feet. She reaches the top floor, opening the first door to the right. There she finds James, laying down on the bed, with the blinds closed and the lights off. The girl sighs,
“You should have called me back saying you were still sick.”
The girl eases her worries for James, but laying before her wasn't James, but his corpse. James has been dead for days, four to exact, since the day he got “sick,” crushed from the midriff down and died from massive blood loss. There is a phone on the table with 46 missed calls. The girl sits on the bed next to the body and rubs its head. She leans on it, pushing his head aside, which disconnects from the rest of his body. Thick white maggots spill from where the head once stood. The girl giggles and picks up the head and hugs it.
“I got a ring, it'll protect you James.” She whispers into the corpse's ear, “Let's stay together forever okay?”
She leans on top of the headless body and snuggles with the head, treating it much like a teddy bear.

Despite her promise of being home before ten, she broke it. The girl ended up staying at the boy's house overnight.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
FULL SAIL TO FAIL ON THE FAILBOAT!!
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Xuantien! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Cha! You expect apologies sent via in-game mail? Toughen up! Grow a backbone! Besides, I just approved your introduction -- for what could I possibly have to apologize? And, goodness, that's a dark story, sir!
Piroska Wrote:Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Xuantien! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Cha! You expect apologies sent via in-game mail? Toughen up! Grow a backbone! Besides, I just approved your introduction -- for what could I possibly have to apologize? And, goodness, that's a dark story, sir!
Thank you. It was actually inspired by "The Man who loved flowers" by Stephen King.

I've written many other stories in the past, but I feel that this one was my strongest.