Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: simianthief`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I have been role playing since age 9. I hate the fact that the RP servers on WoW Live are not what were promised and even more disappointed that there is little to no customization of character. I am hoping to find my character here and develop a longer story than "kill rats" and "kill dragons" as my only goal in the game.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from the United States, live in Texas (not native...sorry Texans) and speak English. I wish I spoke more languages, but I do have a translator in my pocket.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I have been playing the Warcraft series since the first game. I was in the WoW beta (as well as almost every other MMO out there) and saw a lot of potential that was never tapped, and just became frustrated.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Again, I am looking for a place where the story means more than gear. I am hoping there is even more here, and from what I can tell from the wiki there seems to be a large amount of "stuff" here.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy character development. In UO I found it was as much fun to get into crafting and make a name for myself as it was to fight alongside others. I am a group-oriented person at heart and hope to find a niche here I can fit into.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I love the Tauren, being part Native American I think the writers did a decent job of translating that passion for the world into a fantasy setting without being hokey about it.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I am hoping to find dedicated role players who enjoy actually playing the game as well. I enjoy beating up monsters as much as anyone, but there should always be a depth to it beyond "Kill the monster and take his stuff".

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Humility. That set of rules is the greatest tool I learned when roleplaying and online it is even more heightened.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Many moons ago...

Oh, let's hold off on that for now. *smile*

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Is there coffee and cigars later?
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Simianthief! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

I've found, over the years, that the roleplaying community is generally disappointed with Blizzard in regards to their roleplaying servers. In particular, Blizzard's refusal to enforce their own rules regarding roleplay, appropriate names, harassment of roleplayers, and so much more make it very difficult for us. They take a reactive stance and say that the community is what dictates the standard for the server. Unfortunately for servers like Feathermoon, where I still play, as the community shifts from a RP to PvE focus the enforcement of rules become much less common.

And another Ultima Online player! I used to staff a fairly large private shard back in the day. I had two primary characters: a townie who become renowned as the server's number one interior decorator and PKer that most people didn't know was me. It would have been unfortunate if they had learned that the oh-so-nice GM that helped them on a daily basis was also a pretty not-so-nice murderer who delighted in tormenting fellow players. Occasionally. Maybe.

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!
Glad to be here! Can't wait to get started.