Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: ghazter`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
To be honest I´m no -Great- Player.
I´m pretty much the average Joe, but I would like to say it's more to the better side than the worse side and so on.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I´m from Sweden so Swedish is my primary language.
My grammar isn't fail-proof but it's decent enough.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A friend of mine in school told me he played it so I though I would give it a try.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Well, at first I played on a Normal Server (And still do Time to Time), but then a friend of mine (not the same as in last question) told me ''Hey, ever heard of
-Role Play-?''.
I gave it a shoot and I was surprised at I never tried it earlier.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Hmm, I´m not much of a fighter nor a lone-wolf.
I enjoy playing with friends and just tries to role-play whatever we might stumble upon.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I would say Trolls since I really like their style and everything. (Also their Lore is quite interesting)

Class may vary, but for the moment it's rogues I find most fun to play.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect that this server has more roleplay that more of the retail servers and a smaller group of anti-roleplayers.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I really think the 'respect' and 'no crap language' are really good rules.
The A-''jokes'' in Trade and such are a real pain sometimes.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(I´m really bad at -Telling- stories.)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
How does the server population treat roleplaying beginners?
I have been doing roleplay for some time now and I have gotten better but I still class myself as a bit of a ''newbie'' on roleplay.
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Ghazter! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Fortunately, Ghazter, the Warcraft universe -- and Conquest of the Horde -- always has room for the Average Joe. Sometimes the best roleplay can be between people who lack any special abilities or talents or knowledge or foresight; their challenges and tribulations can be just as epic and, oftentimes, more heartfelt.

I'd like to think that we're fairly good to our neophyte members. I know that I, personally, adore beginning roleplayers. There's something very appealing in taking someone underwing and helping them get better acclimated to roleplaying. It's a rewarding experience and I believe that many members of our community feel the same way. I'm certain that you'll have no problems getting adjusted on Conquest of the Horde.

And, just as a reminder, you will need to eventually post a story if you wish to obtain the rank of Grunt. This will allow you to have your characters with approved profiles leveled to 80, which grants you a hefty sum of gold and access to ten Silver Tokens, which may be used to help acquire specific pieces of gear from the staff. If you'd like help in writing a story, I'm certain that you could post something in the In-Character subforum, where you can get feedback from the community!
:D Great.
Ok, so a Story.
Do I just edit the first post or simply post a separate one?
You can edit the original post (which may be best) or even reply to this thread. We just need to see a story somewhere in or linked from this thread.
Once there was a man named Farron.
Farron was a normal human with a normal father and with a normal dull life.
He lived on a farm in the middle of nowhere with his old father,he didn't know what the gods had in mind for him.

It was a pretty regular afternoon, the sun stood high on the clear blue sky and not a single cloud was to be found.
Well, if you didn't count that very small dark raincloud in the horizon.
Farron was sitting under a tree a good distance from the farm, writing down the happenings of the week.

Quote:Day 364
...Or is it the 365th? I can't remember.
Father is getting worse by every day that passes, I'm not sure how much longer he will live.
The...

He wrote no further, since the small raincloud in the horizon was growing in both size and darkness.
Even the smallest shapes was growing in the distance, fast...
At first he though it was some crazy weather but [heh] that was certainly not the case.

He fetched up a spyglass [that his father had given him] from his knapsack and aimed at the odd shapes that was growing in the distance.
He didn't believe what he saw in the spyglass, it was [at least he though it was] the Scourge.
And they were heading for the farm, why?
Farron did not know, the only thing he knew was that he needed to warn his father.

He gathered his things with all due haste and set of to the farm.
The distance was a long one, yes but not more than Farron could run.
The small cloud in the distance had now grown into a massive and dark terror, spewing out thick fog.
Farron felt how the coldness gripped his spine and he feared that he wouldn't reach his father in time.

A couple of ghouls were now in range of sight, they let out a guttural growl and began to chase him with an impressive speed.

He reached the farm house but was to late, he found his father lying dead on the floor in several pieces with a hulking abomination over the desecrated body.
The abomination saw him and charged towards him with a raised meat-cleaver.

Farron was quick enough to evade the attack but was stricken in the back by the ghouls that now had caught up with him.
He felt the coldness in the spine spread in the rest in the body, his eyes were darkening and the last thing he ever saw was his own saggy reflection in the abominations cleaver.

Then everything went dark...

But this is not the end of the story, most certainly not.

Farron awoke as from a nightmare in a dark and damp tomb.
He was greeted with the cold eyes from a dark shade that was watching him...
Do you know what will happen next....
My Writing may have it's flaws but I think that certain things in life we just have to live with. LOL
Nice introduction!
How more in detail can I get Grunt status?