Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Bazdonier`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hi! im Lauren and well i've played world of warcraft for about 2 years... i've played many rpg games in my time and they are my favorite genre of gaming.
One thing I should tell you about is that it does take me more time to type, not because im lazy, simply because I have a hereditary tremor that makes typing a challenge for me, but I wont use that as an excuse. Just dont get frustrated if im a bit slow at times.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from the US so I speak english pretty well.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My best friend told me about this cool game I just had to try, so being the curious type I had to check it out. Low and behold it was World of Warcraft! I approached the game with caution but was sucked straight into the game.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Before I played World of Warcraft I used to be on many Roleplaying sites, mostly forum sites. When I found out World of Warcraft has RP servers I was ecstatic, but soon became very very dissapointed at the lack of actual RP.
Going on google I was searching for world of warcraft forums because I gave up hope on any servers, soon I discovered your private server.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I've always been one to be in a group that goes through life. They dont have to be fighting evil or discovering new caves in northrend, just a relaxing group of close friends that share a story together.
I love books and the reason i got into roleplay is because i wanted to share my own story with improv and characters that other people create so you never know the ending.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite class is the hunter because I love the bond between the beast and it's master, in role play that is. In pvp servers I chose to have a pet because it makes me feel less lonely when im questing or fighting by myself.
My favorite race is the Troll. Its hard to find the words to explain why, but i think because of the way they present themselves with pride and self control.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Sticking to roleplay, but that shouldnt be a problem because one thing that attracted me to this sever is the sense of community and the RP spirit i've been missing in the past couple years.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Deffinently the Tolerance rule, 1. Because i'm a girl 2. Because most of the characters I rp are male
and 3. Because rp isnt fun if your being bashed upon the whole time.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
A crack of thunder shook the small hut. It seemed as if the gods were crying with him, a young troll, not but ten cold seasons old. He was alone in the hut, to the grown it was small to a modest size, though to him right now it seemed bigger and darker then it ever has before. CRASH! another bolt struck just outside his village of Sen'jin, a few feet west beyond the stables. He peaked around of the door made out of beads and saw the elders returning from the grave yard. As soon as they were out of sight The little troll ran to were they had stood a silent vigil for the two recently buried trolls. "NO!" he screamed in to the night, as he fell to his knees. he dug his fingers in to the mud, which now matted his linen shirt and leather boots, above one of the new graves. "Grrrr." the troll boy looked up to see the white shiny eyes of the tiger he's known all his life. The tiger trotted over to where the boy sat, he carried something in his mouth and let it drop to the young ones feet. It was a bow, the boy traced the custom etched patterns in the hard wood below his fingers. After hesitating he grabbed it clutching it with a new power. "I'm sorry for letting you down, you are gone now and I will protect our people like you have tried to do. Forgive me father..." he broke off as his voice cracked. He rose to his knees and with a new found strength went back to his hut with his father's bow clutched in his left fist. The tiger, his father's beloved hunting partner, lay on the the grave the boy left and stayed there till he soon too parished.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not really other than i've almost never been so excited to roleplay in my life
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Lauren! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

I remember anxiously waiting for my introduction's approval some months ago and being excited myself. Did you spend a lot of time slaving over your answers and crafting the best possible introduction that you could write? I'm a little ashamed to note that I did!

I adore forums-based roleplay. I was involved in quite a few, specifically on Harvest Moon sites. I was also a member of RPGChat, which helped sate my appetite for roleplay for quite some time. Like you, I was very disappointed with the decline of roleplay on Blizzard's official servers, so I needed another outlet to help fill that void. Fortunately, like you, I found Conquest of the Horde!
RANT RANT RANT!!! I'm glad I'm in thats not why I'm ranting...
I play retail server frostwolf heavily
and because wow is on my horrible computer and I dont have room to copy another wow
I have to wait for CoTH to be patched up to 3.3.5

Does that mean I can't post on the forums yet either?
Ouch! It's unfortunate that today was both the day Patch 3.3.5 came out and you were accepted! Not that being approved for Conquest of the Horde could ever be considered unfortunate.

You are absolutely allowed -- an encouraged -- to be active on the forums. You can organize forums-based roleplay, get embroiled in a discussion about the game, you can begin crafting a profile in the Workshop, and you can even take the opportunity to snag a spot in Ashworth: A Battle for Survival (selfish plug!). As long as you are a member in good standing you can always participate on the forums.

Sorry again to hear that you're patched for the time being! If you free up some space and can install a second copy of the game (or don't mind waiting every time to play), be sure to learn about down patching.