Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Deathrayne`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I have played World of Warcraft for ~about three years now. I haven't always been a roleplayer, though...in fact, I just discovered roleplay a couple months ago in a nice little game called Istaria. I have been roleplaying there, and decided to try it in World of Warcraft. I went to another server, Millennium-Wow...but... meh. They start you out at 80, don't let you fight anything, and there are hardly any horde players at all~... but i digress, this is supposed to be about me, not another server. I am fairly familiar with the Lore, as i have always been fascinated by it, though i'm nowhere near a walking encyclopedia. As a person, i am rather level-headed and calm. I don't freak out easily, nor do i often show very much emotion. I am friendly, and try my best not to make anybody mad, and if somebody is upset, I do what i can to cheer them up, if possible. Online, i can be a bit silly, but i still know not to go too far and when to shut up.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from America, And my primaly (and only) language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My nephew convinced me to try out the free trial a couple years back. We were hooked immediatley. I played trial after trial, making a new one as soon as the old expired, and starting over, for several months before i actually bought the game. Iplayed for about two years... then, i came to private servers. I have played on quite a few servers over the past year, and since i recently discovered roleplay, i don't think i could go back to the standard community of elitists and Lolcats, whose only goal is the downing of the next boss (for the umpteenth time), and getting a new set of pixels with slightly higher numbers attached.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I was informed of this server by a friend of mine. He plays here, and was fuming about how much work went into getting into one of the guilds... to be quite honest, it was that rant that caught my interest. Roleplay server? Well, i've got one. Oh? You can craft? And you're "low level"? Which means it's not instant 80... Well! I asked the name of the server, and here i am!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy all types of roleplay. Anything from a barfight to caring for a child, to target practice and playing games. I've played mighty warriors (not godmod-type, mind you. balanced) and lowly peasants, dragons and fiends. (keep in mind, some of these roles were in other games~...i doubt i'd be allowed to play a dragon or a demon here).

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I love them all. Warrior, warlock, mage, death knight, rogue, paladin, hunter, shaman, druid~... All of them offer unique and varied roleplaying opportunities. And they're all fun to play, too.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I don't really expect anything, so much as hope for certain things. I hope to find a good community, an environment i can comfortabley roleplay in, and perhaps level in my spare time. Note, i do play other games, so i won't likely be on this all day and all night, as i am with Istaria, but i do intend to be well enough active. Since i haven't got anything happening in RL, it shouldn't be too hard to balance these games.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Faction NPC Deaths. Most of the other rules are fairly standard...this one, however, is nice. It makes a lot of sense.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I would prefer to complete this if/when i aim to move up to Gruntship.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
No, i haven't any questions or comments at this time.
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Deathrayne! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

I've seen a lot of other new players mention Millennium-WoW in their introductions. They also tend to be not so vocal in their praise. I've only ever played on Conquest of the Horde when it comes to private Warcraft servers, but I'd like to consider myself lucky. Fortunately, we have room for both casual and dedicated members, so you'll fit right in.

And you're very correct! We currently do not allow anything other than the standard races that Blizzard currently allows within the retail game. That means there are no dragons and no demons! Unless we're battling them. Or summoning them. Or making deals with them. Or trying to keep them from wiping out all other sentient magic-using races. But, y'know, we aren't them.
:) Thanks! And i'd just like to say, i'm impressed with the reply time! Only six minutes, i was expecting to have to pick this up tommorow. And, It's nice to see an application to join a server responded to with something more than a canned response for once! Even better, it's not just an approval, but an actual /response/. It's not often you get those these days. :)
You were very fortunate! I just happened to be reviewing the introductions in our queue when you made your application.

Regarding my response, I tend to be a fairly verbose individual. Frankly, I like talking and I love communicating with people. I also think that responding to an introduction with something about myself or in relation to something that people mention is only fair; we're asking information about you, so giving back is just and right and good. Plus, as I mentioned, it does give me the opportunity to pontificate.
haha, usually my luck swings the other way, and i get it just after they stop. :roll:

And, i can tell! Hehe, one paragraph and two words i don't know :shock: ...though in context their meaning is fairly obvious. :D

Anyway, i'm off for a bit! When next i come on, i'll make my account and start playing. :D