Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Ranged weapons on back
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, recently in game i was very very happy to see someone carrying around a gun on their back as if it were a melee 2 hander, having always wanted to display a ranged weapon insead of a melee one, I was wondering, is it specific items in game that are shown o nthe back, or is it something you can request from a GM with a token?

Thanks in advance :)
If I'm not mistaken, you press X to switch to your range weapon and then Z to holster it, or something like that.
For a while, there were two-handed swords that had a gun for a model and there were staves that had a bow for a model, so you could display them as you saw.
There are a handful of custom items floating around that may allow you to do this. For example, I know that I picked up a bow from the Auction House some months ago that is actually treated as a staff. I wanted to use it on my kal'dorei druid, who was until recently (by elven standards) a Sentinel. Unfortunately, the staff specifies that it's off-hand and she can't equip it.

I'm pretty sure that you may have seen players with similar custom items.
If I'm not mistaken, there's a list of them somewhere buried in the GM forums. I remember we all talked at one point about tokening for them but it was kind of left for if you knew about them and asked specifically (Though this was a long time ago). Otherwise, they appear in the Auction House's random loot algorithm once in a blue moon and people get them that way.