Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Gecko`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
As a player I consider myself to be an average caliber role player, I like to stick to the book and try not to do anything that's totally out of place in the lore or the world I'm indulging myself into. I take great satisfaction out of creating a character and watching the character grow and flourish though the role play situations he/she is placed into and progressing the story line with others in that role play community. As a player I like to step back and not always have my character be in the limelight as I find it just as enjoyable watching other players characters progress just as much as mine and fit into each others progression as a character.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from Wales, In the U.K. My normal day to day language is Welsh but I can also speak English just as well.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into Warcraft by playing Warcraft 3, I remember my earliest kind of role play on custom maps such as Juliens RPG and such things as that. Soon after I found myself on Warcraft related role play forums and then I bought World Of Warcraft as soon as it was released.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I came to this server as a sanctuary to get away from the RP servers on retail because as day's go on it seems that as each day passes I find myself unable to cope with all the breaks in lore and such I witness on retail.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
The type of role play that I get the most out of would be Travel RP, but not random travelling, travelling with a purpose behind it. E.G Slowly climbing the frozen mountains of the Storm Peaks to regain a lost piece of Dwarven history or riding over the desolate wastelands of the Barrens in a lost party of Orcish Raiders trying to find another source of water.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I have to say I'm torn between Dwarves and Orcs. My reason behind liking the Dwarves is because I enjoy their sense of pride in their history and their kingdom, although they are seen as drunks among other races they are, in my opinion some of the best warriors around and are not given enough credit for their courage in battle and their intelligence in uncovering artifacts and collecting research.

I favor the Orcs also because I adore their culture and their lore. The fact that they were ruled by the Demon lords of the burning legion and then being in the internment camps of the humans and finally establishing themselves as a dominant force is just incredible to me and I enjoy playing Orcs because there are so many different ways you can role play one.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations of this server are quite high, I expect the community to be fun and mature about the way they approach role play. Also I would imagine that this server sticks quite close to lore without going off the rails to much and make it an enjoyable experience.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
My favorite rule and one I'm very fond of would be humility because it lets everyones characters flourish and grow in on storyline and paves way for new characters to join in and take the spotlight.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Rain heavily pelted down from the sinister looking black clouds looming above, as the rain continued to pour a deafening crack of lighting struck the dark brown earth of the Barrens. A pack of Raptors sat in a small cavern under a tree that towered high up into the sky, the Raptors were deadly predators on these plains but even they showed fear in this petrifying yet astonishing thunder and lighting storm.

The leather hood was pulled right over his head, the rain still hammering down from the storm, he looked up slowly his black eyes meeting the black center of the storm. He leaned forward slowly onto his axe, eyes still focused on the sky, as if in some sort of staring competition with it. His great green boulder of a fist clenched at his other side and his expression as if he was about to ride into war.

"This storm is a warning of yet what's to come.."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I have no other questions to ask, just that I hope you enjoyed my introduction.
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Gecko! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

I think that you have found the perfect place, Gecko. While we can be very flexible in character concepts and stories, we do stringently follow the lore of the Warcraft universe and expect all of our members to do the same. I, too, adore the character creation process and watching a character evolve, especially when that evolution is stimulated by outside influences; it's fascinating to see how an initial character concept can change with time and stimulus!

Quote:The type of role play that I get the most out of would be Travel RP, but not random travelling, travelling with a purpose behind it. E.G Slowly climbing the frozen mountains of the Storm Peaks to regain a lost piece of Dwarven history or riding over the desolate wastelands of the Barrens in a lost party of Orcish Raiders trying to find another source of water.
I find these concepts very interesting! I think that when you finally create a character and pursue making a name for yourself you should totally put together a group to do one of them (particularly the search and acquisition for the dwarven artifact). In fact, we encourage members to organize events and the staff can often show up to assist in these!