Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Levdragon`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Greetings 'Conquest of the Horde'! My name is Phillip and I have after searching for a full on role playing server, I am enthusiastic about joining this. Having never really been fully into mass multi-player online games I only really play World of Warcraft for the role playing in them, not for grinds, levels and what not. I wish for you to consider my application and approve of me, thank you for your time and I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born in Adelaide, Australia and now reside in Brisbane. The time zone for this area is AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time). My first language is British-English and so may spell things differently from American-English players, although my grammar is definitely up to standard, if I do so say so myself. My background for those curious is Romanian, although I cannot write it and barely read it, I can only speak it. Fortunately it won't affect my grammar seeing how I was born in Australia, brought up with English and Romanian being my second language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I was brought into Warcraft 3 by my older brother and then persuaded him (Ironically seeing as I don't like MMO games) to buy World of Warcraft as well. I am a major fan of the Warcraft lore and have been playing Warcraft since the good old Second War days.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
This server intrigued me due to it's different nature compared to usual private server, instant 80, huge shopping malls and newbie players who jump around in tier eight. I have been playing on 'Eecheloned Wow' though the amount of failed role play and typical features has caused me to bore or it and seek another server, which is when I found you.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I do not enjoy one type of role play, I do enjoy a surprise though and a good, in-depth storyline. When I role play I prefer a mix between city, countryside, adventure, action all of it! Just as a real hero would experience all of this, I too enjoy my character exploring and interacting in different ways and with different people. Although if I was forced to make a decision I would much prefer 50-50 fighting and resting/talking, adventure, not a crowd but not a pair, perhaps a five to eight party full of heroes and heroines.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I have two favourite races, Humans, as they have appealed to me from the very start of Warcraft lore, and I do love their diversity and elves, because of their gracefulness and their skill in bow and sword (Although I find blood elves a major disappointment and would love for high elves too be reborn.) My favourite class would have to be a paladin, since paladin's are uncorrupted until death (Or their soul stolen as with Arthas) and not only do fight but they also use magic (or light however you see it) which balances between both arts of fighting and magic.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect this server to fulfil to the best of it's ability and for the general atmosphere to be one of friendliness and openness, I expect this server not too die in the next year or so if not ever and I hopefully expect it too grow and become a hub for 'SKILLED' role players and not a newbie attraction.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Oh if everyone followed these rules I would be heaven! I do appeal most to maturity but the second on the list would have to be respect, as I respect everyone's opinion and it's their choice.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The silence surrounding the rocky cavern was defending. The young elf was crouching near the entrance of the cave but he couldn't feel but overwhelmed at such unrivalled beauty as Mother Nature herself. From the jagged peaks of the north to the shimmering sands of the south, Beriadan had travelled far and wide in search of not only treasures and gold, but also of his identity and how nature reflected on the ways of the wood elves. A quiet but definite scattering nearby brought Beriadan back to reality and scanned the room for the sound, he focused until he finally found the source of this noise and sighed in relief as a simple cave rat was nibbling on some small blue harmonious mushroom's. Beriadan was surprised to find his hand on the hilt of his red hilted dagger and he thought that perhaps the only real danger down here was slipping on the rocks. He began to slowly descend and as he realised it was getting darker and darker, he spoke a single syllable,"Kalina". As his tongue touched the last letter in the word a small globe of light came from his index finger and began to hover over the elf's head. He smiled to himself and began to descend again, this time more slowly as well as pausing every minute or so to investigate his surroundings. As he was descending he couldn't help but notice how the deeper he got the more smoother the rocks became and he wondered if his fears would soon be confirmed and he would slip. As he was fearing the worst suddenly the light began to illuminate the ground and he sighed of relief. He had made it to the bottom and the treasure of the deep would soon be his to take. He inspected the surroundings and saw a clear path, one left long ago by which ever powerful magician left his treasure here long ago. As he was stepping forwards he felt a nagging on his foot and immediately looked down only to gasp in surprise. There on the ground lay a single humanoid skull. Beriadan's heart began to race as he shook his foot free the clutches of the skull and began to move onwards. He realised that the treasure may be very close now and took out his bow from his back sling. He heard movement up ahead and swiftly but gracefully pulled out an arrow from his waist quiver and planted it onto his bow. Sweat from his brow rolled down his temple but he ignored it as he tried to pinpoint the exact location of the noise, he heard it again and this time he wasted no time. He shot the arrow and heard a large roar and shaking in the cavern. He quickly rolled to his left just to see a large rock whistle by his previous location, just where his head had been. It suddenly became clear that whatever this creature was, it had intelligence, or was at least skilled enough to aim in the right direction. Skill versus magic he thought as he planted another arrow into his bow, this time making sure to add a little more 'oomft' to it. He yelled out, "Naur," and the arrow become to glow red and shot out of his bow with such force that it made Beriadan fall back and hit the wall. But this arrow was enough to slay whatever the creature was and this was evident when a large rumble was heard as the creature fell to the ground. Beriadan's joy overwhelmed his fatigue and he cheered to himself as he realised he had finally overcome the ancient monster that roamed down here, now the treasure was his he thought. He walked over to the creature and saw it's true identity, not some large primitive beast, but a green skinned ogre, the same that had terrorized the lands many era's ago. Yes, he thought, his treasure, and he took out his knife and lopped the beast's head off. Quite a collection in the Royal Museum he thought to himself. Perhaps not as direct as gold but ten times as more valuable. He chuckled and began his ascend back to the surface and his long journey back home.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I wish to ask what this server's plans are for future, if of course you wish to reveal this?
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Phillip! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

I think that I am one of the fortunate ones, if I do say so myself. Unlike many people whose introductions I've read, I never played on any other private World of Warcraft server. Conquest of the Horde has been my first and only private server and I've had a complete blast since joining some five months ago! However, I feel the pain of roleplayers who have shared their experiences with servers that didn't enforce rules governing conduct on servers or didn't even create an environment where roleplay could occur!

Fortunately, every person who has joined Conquest of the Horde has done so with the express purpose of roleplaying. As a result, I'm certain that you'll be able to find the roleplaying experience you've been seeking!

Regarding your question, I'm not privy to everything that goes on in my fellow members' minds, but I know that we have a handful of plans for the future. In the near future we'll be restarting the server as we move to a new emulator. We'll definitely be organizing new and different world events, such as the amazing work that Seraphim and the other GMs have done to make The Scarlet Crusade: Battle for Lordaeron a huge success! I know that the community also has a number of plans for the future, whether it's creating a guild of thieves or exploring political-based roleplay with The Commoner's Party. And our awesome administrator, Kretol, has been exploring perma-customized display IDs which would allow us to play creatures that aren't normally accessible in the game on a regular basis.

As you can see, there's always a lot going on at Conquest of the Horde and much of it is player-driven!